Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade Leader
Jun 15, 2006

Game of Thrones

Turhis posted:

GABL1-1A90E-N8U0H-4BWG0-T1B2A

Took this one, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
The disconnect bug is really terrible, over half of my matches don't get completed. Sometimes it happens even though we finished the last round.

SnakeEyez is the only Known Person I've fought that I've lost to, but his ping was going from like 70 to 150. The third match we played got disconnected when I was a game up, too.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Genetic Toaster posted:

This game is really fun and the fact that scrubs get super angry over their precious execution barriers being gone now makes it even better.

lol

M9ZSI-GUQJ8-1GLX7-K2GHY-9AXXU

Saba
Jul 25, 2007

Nap Ghost

Pomp posted:

lol

M9ZSI-GUQJ8-1GLX7-K2GHY-9AXXU

Redeemed this one, thank you.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The disconnect bug is really terrible, over half of my matches don't get completed. Sometimes it happens even though we finished the last round.

When I started playing, the first four or five games I won, I got disconnected before game 2. Every time I lost though, the game was perfectly cool with finishing the set.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

SnakeEyez is the only Known Person I've fought that I've lost to, but his ping was going from like 70 to 150. The third match we played got disconnected when I was a game up, too.

Is SnakeEyez playing Talos

Otherwise, yeah, I agree. The disconnect bug is irritating, also it doesn't let me know when someone DCd because they can't handle the Chel. :smug:

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
so how do I beat chel as crow? I haven't been able to beat anyone playing her yet.

Sir_Phobos
May 24, 2011

Don't you wanna see it?
Here's a code if anyone wants it:

HU6OB-Q1TEX-AY3SY-62VR5-H8ABE

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
I slipped in an hour of matches earlier today. Edge is really fun to just hit buttons on, but the more I delved into being series with the game the less I enjoyed it. I'm not quite sure why. Felt kind of like a flash game, and the only combo I figured out how to do did not feel very rewarding due to the ease in which I was doing it. Maybe I'm just being biased or picky, or just agitated playing on keyboard/with a painful headset for a mic. I gotta get my downstairs mic ready next time.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It's slow as gently caress

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
The game is Akatsuki Blitzkampf for babies and without the tank. Where is the loving tank?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You're making me sad please stop

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Wafflz posted:

That was quick, here are 2 more:

N22Z4-75W5Y-GTLXR-POU9Q-6FAXM
3Q6IM-PB9VC-2I7MH-JXLWH-2I3NJ

Took this one: 3Q6IM-PB9VC-2I7MH-JXLWH-2I3NJ

Thanks fam

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Dias posted:

Do not engage Cabbagepots. Mostly so I can't read his posts in your quotes.

I didn't know Chel could link cr.M from her F+H, cool.

I don't think Chel has any useful links, everything starts from f+H which is way too slow to be useful. She has like no way of opening people up once she gets in. Maybe I'm just playing her wrong. I mean I win most of the time, but she feels really lovely.

I'm trying really hard to like this game but the more I play it the more I dislike it. Not having specials on deck whenever I need them is frustrating. It's really slow, the footsies game feels bad, idk besides the f2p moba aspects i'm not sure what this game is supposed to bring to the table mechanically.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Synonamess Botch posted:

I don't think Chel has any useful links, everything starts from f+H which is way too slow to be useful. She has like no way of opening people up once she gets in. Maybe I'm just playing her wrong. I mean I win most of the time, but she feels really lovely.

I'm trying really hard to like this game but the more I play it the more I dislike it. Not having specials on deck whenever I need them is frustrating. It's really slow, the footsies game feels bad, idk besides the f2p moba aspects i'm not sure what this game is supposed to bring to the table mechanically.

Pretty much this, there's basically zero depth.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
f+H is good as a pressure tool, you can either link cr.M to it and do 300+ damage or go into f+M, hit overhead and get slightly less damage, or cr.M xx fireball to make it safer. I'm not sure f+M is airborne, but if it is you can also mix it up with throw for a Rose-esque mixup. Her normals are kinda bad for footsies, honestly

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You're making me sad please stop

No.

uncleKitchener posted:

The game is Akatsuki Blitzkampf for babies and without the tank. Where is the loving tank?

Real talk, if this game doesn't have a tank char by release it will be the biggest misuse of war devices since Kantai Collection.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Are the alpha codes people are posting for steam or for the Rising Thunder website?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

On the Rising Thunder web site, after you make your account, you can redeem it somewhere there in settings or something.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

enojy posted:

I got some codes, too! Add to the pool of potential twitch streamer meltdowns why don't you.

ZYSXO-IKOZB-EVGKR-A1KTY-PV265

Took this one, thanks!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Can you combo off of forward+medium with Edge?

Also, I forgot which key I gave a friend, so one of these two will work for a lucky goon:

2XZ60-T2EBF-835JR-E4W6M-7BG92
UPQZ2-XOIOW-QSP9V-537UL-IV5OO
All gone!

Lothire posted:

I slipped in an hour of matches earlier today. Edge is really fun to just hit buttons on, but the more I delved into being series with the game the less I enjoyed it. I'm not quite sure why. Felt kind of like a flash game, and the only combo I figured out how to do did not feel very rewarding due to the ease in which I was doing it. Maybe I'm just being biased or picky, or just agitated playing on keyboard/with a painful headset for a mic. I gotta get my downstairs mic ready next time.

Edge's cr.light, cr.light, st.medium, st.heavy -> gathering storm -> super -> cr.relentless pursuit is a pretty satisfying combo, even if it is super easy to pull off. Also play with a pad or stick! I found it to be much more fun that way.

[edit] vvv You're welcome! Enjoy :)

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 1, 2015

Pankratos
Dec 26, 2009

YOU DEFEATED

teagone posted:

UPQZ2-XOIOW-QSP9V-537UL-IV5OO

Got this one. Thank you!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
The game starts to get more annoying now I'm fighting against legend & master rank players. It's getting harder in a really weird way I'm not used to.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

The game starts to get more annoying now I'm fighting against legend & master rank players. It's getting harder in a really weird way I'm not used to.

I'm still Bronze III! I Man, I suck at fighting games though. Is Master the final tier? Or Legend?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Just played a literal piece of poo poo edge with 600 ping, but the game ran in super slow motion. So he could see the startup of my chell fireballs and just jump over for 30% punishes into oki. Thank god the game stopped after the first match.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The grappler's SPD barely does any more damage than a basic throw :effort:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pomp posted:

The grappler's SPD barely does any more damage than a basic throw :effort:

pretty sure you can tech it too? or special throws can tech regular throws. talos aa grab can actually tech a ground throw, somehow.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

I thought this game was being designed with capcom design elements, not ASW

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

talos aa grab can actually tech a ground throw, somehow.

Pfft, what the gently caress?

Throws in general look like they kinda just do no damage which I'm not super fond of. Still installing the game myself so I might be wrong and stupid.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I understand this game is an alpha but the only way I can rationalize chel and edge being so blatantly OP is that seth made them that way on purpose.

Their tools are way too obviously amazing for me to accept the devs just didn't realize it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

darealkooky posted:

I understand this game is an alpha but the only way I can rationalize chel and edge being so blatantly OP is that seth made them that way on purpose.

Their tools are way too obviously amazing for me to accept the devs just didn't realize it

Go make a youtube rant about the obvious and apparent issue. Especially with Chel.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

teagone posted:

Can you combo off of forward+medium with Edge?

I think it links into DP.

darealkooky posted:

Most of the alternate specials aren't in the game yet, might be thinking differently once they put them in.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Aug 1, 2015

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I don't think any of the characters seem that out of balance.
Approaching without jumping is something people need to learn about Chel, because she can literally always punish a jump over her fireballs.
No air blocks makes the issue more claimant.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Pfft, what the gently caress?

Throws in general look like they kinda just do no damage which I'm not super fond of. Still installing the game myself so I might be wrong and stupid.

Throws do horrible damage but some characters (such as Edge) can dash cancel them for better combos/setups, at least.

None of the characters seem head-and-shoulders better than the rest at the moment. Crow has the most potential to be abused IMO but he's not there yet. Chel is just a fairly basic shoto in a game with one button DPs.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

teagone posted:

Go make a youtube rant about the obvious and apparent issue. Especially with Chel.

I play both of them, the ease with which I can destroy everyone is why I'm making these claims.

edge's slide is retarded. super fast fullscreen low that's super safe on block, beats out everything and is even safe on whiff. it's an instant in, and then once edge is in he basically just gets to stay in forever while doing way more damage and having better mixups than characters who's supposed niche are these things

meanwhile chel just has really awesome frame data/normals. because of the characters all moving slow, only one character has a non super move that goes through fireballs (edge, with his slide) and them having tons of blockstun/pushback and basically zero recovery the only option you have against chels fireball is to jump at her and right into her disgustingly good DP. she can just hold up to cancel the first hit into a jump and either get a free crossup on block or a combo into airthrow on hit. both the meter for her DP and your fadc meter build super fast in this game, so she basically always has this option for her autocorrecting, one button so impossible to gently caress up DP.

oh, and chel ALSO gets to do way more damage than the actual damage characters do for some reason because she gets tons of combo tools nobody else does via airthrow, ground bounce and in general taking really good advantage of the endless piles of fadc meter the game gives you

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Aug 1, 2015

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

it doesn't help that this game is (understandably) pretty poorly optimized and drops frames constantly.

finding the perfect timing to jump and punish chels fireball without her being able to recovery and DP you is one thing. doing it when the game suddenly decides to dip to 50 fps and gently caress up all your timings is another

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Wont lie, the rage is real.
Talos is my current source of whining, because his stupid forward kick beats multi hit moves like vlads special 3.

It's nice that people are whining about a colorful array of different things though, the game is probably super balanced because nothing is.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

i've beaten that move with crows multi hit sweep so it's not invincible

it's also hella unsafe so just block it and throw him or something

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's unsafe but the risk/reward is very good. At range most chars can't get a great punish unless they have super.

It's not invincible, just has armor. Anything that flashes blue has 1 hit of armor, anything that flashes orange is invincible for as long as they're orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I picked up talos to try it out and forward heavy is basically his go to move.
You can only reasonably punish it if he uses it point blank more or less, and if you are expecting it (as it catches jumps) you have to standing block.

Talos is weird as a grappler because he doesn't have a movement biased move that he can cancel or put a throw on the end.
No burning Zangief hand, hammerfall or otherwise; his throw mix-up is "block my bonkers kick" or "block my wake-up meaty"
Something about it just feels wrong.

• Locked thread