Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

1/12 of a second is only "small" if you think it's some sort of reaction time window

but there aren't any reactions involved in linking, you just press a button and then a very short time later press another(or even the same!) button again.

it's utterly robotic, rote, and simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

a link is where you do an attack during the hitstun of a previous attack, causing the attack you just did to combo.

i will now explain how you link

you hit with an attack and then you press another button when that first attack "ends"

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

*attempts to double click icon on his desktop, fails*

BULLSHIT FINGER PUZZLES

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's not a design choice to have links

the design choice in this case was to make the links really really really easy

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's not really a design choice to not put something in a game man dude person dog buddy

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I for one am glad the developers made the design choice to not put resource mining, character advancement, and capture the flag into this fighting game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so is it time to pretend that you where trolling the whole time by acting like an idiot and saying dumb things and understanding nothing or are you going to keep on just being sincerely stupid

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

ryu has spoken ryu has been heard

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

People don't, generally, like being passive.

Hell, the idea that "do nothing" is actually an option isn't even going to occur to plenty of people.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Getting your butt whooped by the same thing over and over?

There aren't any real stakes here, so get retarded, try everything, try everything with slightly different timings, do utterly stupid poo poo that you don't think will work anyway just to see if it does.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i want sentinel

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

clearly a cheap russian knock-off

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dauntless really feels like she should have links from standing and crouching light into standing medium but she just doesn't and what the hell is with being unable to juggle into super?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

So when they say that DP moves don't hit behind anymore, does that mean they reduced the hitboxes, or they reduced autocorrect leniency? Hoping it's the latter.

They still autocorrect like loving drat so I doubt that's it.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

back dash a lot and hit him in the face with your longest reaching normal. if you can cancel that into something real for damage even better

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

funny story i'm not actually sure that using it is worth it for dauntless, it doesn't really get you much extra damage at all

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Rankings exist so stupid some people can see a number go up, the ELO exists to help you get good matches, and the ELO is hidden so the stupidsome people who really like seeing number go up don't freak out.

This is literally all that is going on and all that needs to go on why is a discussion of this taking place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

rising thunder makes me wish better games had netcode this good, and i want to clarify, i don't think rising thunder is actually bad per se, but it just bores the crap out of me

just not fast and agressive enough or footsies based enough for me i guess i dunno

• Locked thread