Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I am now playing this game. I quite like it. Chel is quite fun. That is all.

(Because I can't arrange to play Goons yet anyway!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
When people are using KD; What dictates which moves get the Burst effect or not? I ask because weirdly, when as Chel I do fH fM s2, it doesn't seem to.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
That change to Talos really has made him loving stupid, between armoured normals and a genuine just mashable SPD, and it shows in the way that suddenly all of the Crows have vanished, and he's loving everywhere.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

NecroMonster posted:

back dash a lot and hit him in the face with your longest reaching normal. if you can cancel that into something real for damage even better

*Get hit by armoured kick into {DENIED} into clap reset*

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Tae posted:

I think most of Chell's moves are safe on block except her sweep, but you can cancel it into a her fireball to basically make it safe.
Warning though, there's plenty of things like that where Talos fH will catch you; Like if you do cr.M s1, he can start hammering the fH after the cr.M and the kick will come out, armouring the fireball and then punting you for combo/denied/reset.

Tae, you're not JaeTae on RT, are you?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The concept is that you should be looking at the game itself as much as possible, rather than a bunch of meters. The aim is not so much transparency, as simplicity. I totally get the arguments against it, and think they have merit, but I quite like it just because its different; it's not like there's a shortage of games you can play if you want a tonne of data, so to see a game trying another approach is interesting to me.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I wonder how many it takes to calibrate/normalise, because I have a win rate at ~150 games that's wildly disproportionate to my actual ability.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Vlad is enough of an obnoxious shitlord to actually make me consider quitting this game for now. I like it a lot, but a Vlad who wants to be safe is just ridiculous.

"Let's have a pseudo-Rufus, only with a proper DP, and let him vary the angle of jump in whenever he wants as much as he wants, and let's give him a fireball that can be aimed and whiffs other fireballs."
"What a great idea, S-Kill! Shall we make his combo ender unsafe?"
"Only at point blank. Let him hammer that out whenever he wants."

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It is vast quantities of sodium chloride, right there. He's still too loving good though. :v:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Chel got hit on every front simultaneously. Lowered damage, range, and fireball recovery 'normalised' (LOL) to the slowest of the speeds it can be.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
She's becoming way too reliant on throws now people are showing more caution. Remember - She has NO overhead option. You can down/back all day and all she can do is poke her safer buttons and hope you do something.

If she's against a life lead, what's she supposed to do?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Trykt posted:

Lots of good :words:

Dias posted:

More good :words:

Yeah, I probably should have phrased it a lot more clearly; Don't post on a train you've been on for work for hours, I suppose. I can't stress enough I have no problem with Chel in exchange/knockdown situations. She punishes well, she can whiff punish, and crossup game is obviously good. I was trying to demonstrate a situation where if the other character has a life lead, the lack of Overhead isn't the only thing but effectively she MUST push buttons that are unsafe. Ignoring the Chel mirror, and Talos because he's the outside case, Edge/Vlad/Dauntless if they have a life lead can quite literally hold down back, punish or absorb a fireball, and DP everything else, and Chel's only option is to try & bait it.

I'm probably struggling with how to phrase it appropriately - My summary is that I get that she's the footsies/defensive character, but if other characters choose to do exactly that, her options force her into poor situations.

I am nowhere near saying 'Chel is bad', she's patently not because she's a fairly transparent Shoto, but I think her win rate is probably being inflated by the fact people aren't just drying her out more.

E: Oh, and fM into DP is very unreliable against Das Boot, mostly because it all comes down to how early they pressed the Boot; However, it beats the SPD option, so it's probably better than the alternative of using fH (which will break the armour if hit meaty, but loses to SPD, because a chargable, cancellable armoured SPD was a good choice.)

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Aug 27, 2015

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Safety Scissors posted:

Downloaded this bad boy last night. It's p cool, but I def have a few problems. I've been playing mostly Chel, and the knock down game is just a little nebulous. It just seems that whatever move I throw whether I'm up or knocked down always loses. Sometimes when I'm knocked down I try to wake up DP, which is invincible on start up, and I still lose to non-invincible moves. Sure as hell can't be my execution. Also I'm not sure if you can get up faster or slower, but it sure seems like it.

Edit: Also holy poo poo the Russian and Spanish in this game is just bad. I mean it was never good in SFIV, Zangief said Bol'shoi Pobeda when it should have been Bol'shaya Pobeda, but still c'mon guys.

You'll lose to SPD when you DP in particular because it's armoured, and your last invincible frame ends before your first airborne frame starts.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Right, I can play sets with people and learn things. LET'S GO GOONS.

Oh, and they made KA Forward more unsafe. Gooooooood... gooooooooooood.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
As people have implied, if Rising Thunder seems 'dense' or 'hard to learn', given it's simplicity and especially so in the genre it occupies, I'd suggest fighting games are not for you. And if I was being mean, avoid other complexities such as 'cutlery', or 'doors'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It's fairly simple though; Make DP's not KADC'ble, make Specials not override down/back. These are given out glibly (and would probably conversely make defence borderline impossible against Vlad) but it's the 'sort' of movements that could be considered.

As it stands, every match vs a Chel or Dauntless is basically 'bait the DP, be aware they could cancel after it and bait/punish accordingly.'

• Locked thread