Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What's everyone's rank so far, because right now I'm at the point where 10% kick my rear end with 20 hit combos and 90% don't know how fireball zoning works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there universal frame data yet, because I keep (out of habit) trying to punish with my super on people that whiff air attacks and that's clearly not punishable the last 50 times I tried.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

borf posted:

Cool, thanks. I don't have PM's and didn't want to turn this in to a code begging thread, I'll just wait it out or try and snipe one if more get posted.

5JL5Z-ILF10-H35MT-OTB3A-62XLK
K60RJ-Z4NKV-BBF9L-9TTUJ-3ZGQ9

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Have they fixed the round connection thing yet?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there no matchmaking?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The best general Netherrealm game player (Current MKX Evo champ) SonicFox, is streaming Rising Thunder as Crow.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The average person (what this game is targeting) cannot do a shoryuken on a consistent basis, let alone on reaction.

You guys are forgetting how very niche fighting games as a skillset.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't beat anyone beyond bronze tier 1, and also I'm so bad at combos that I main Chun-Li because all you have to do is Ex-Lightning Legs

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dazh posted:

I made it to Silver V with Dauntless without ever doing a link. Now I do them, though. I'm still just as lovely, just with better execution.

I'm still stuck in Bronze, please help

Also part of the reason why I assume there's no MMR is because I keep getting matched with people 5-6 tiers than me far more than closer to my level

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there anything that Chell has to counter Code-Drill spam? Can't uppercut it because it has armor.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Either I'm not getting the timing right, or Chell's low jab is not fast enough.

Also I think I need to figure out a macro for Kinetic Advance because there seems to be absolutely no reason not to have it, above all else at making things safe or cancel out of ultras.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is there a single thing that a competent Crow does that's unsafe on block, or am I just going to eat 50% damage combos each time I guess wrong?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So what's the layman terms on the balance changes?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Grimwall posted:

No one around me is playing, once I got 30 ping and he was from my country (Turkey).

However, this thing is too complicated for me, if this is the simplest fighter there is they are apparently not for me!

The simplest fighter is actually Divekick.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mintergalactic posted:

deflect is for nerds, who needs a burst when you can have MORE DAMAGE

Deflect is objectively worse in this game until they change the whole battle system. It heavily promotes offense between the safeness of moves and how easy it is to build meter for KA, especially compared to gaining meter for Deflect.

Mattavist posted:

Can someone good tell me which of Chel's moves are safe on block and which I should be using to punish when I block? Assume I'm an idiot.

I think most of Chell's moves are safe on block except her sweep, but you can cancel it into a her fireball to basically make it safe.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shockeh posted:

Warning though, there's plenty of things like that where Talos fH will catch you; Like if you do cr.M s1, he can start hammering the fH after the cr.M and the kick will come out, armouring the fireball and then punting you for combo/denied/reset.

Tae, you're not JaeTae on RT, are you?

Nope, I'm like still Bronze.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Note, I'm a dumb casual player

I tried out Talos for the first time, why the gently caress does he have a command throw with super armor

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I felt like everytime I tried to tech, I get severely punished and it's worse than actually taking the knockdown.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

The UI will now display both Kinetic and Overdrive meters for both players.

This seems like a really big deal.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is Crow's aerial where his blade keeps spinning an unblockable? Because I'm clearly blocking it, but it switches halfway and goes through my blocking.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure all the characters have safe block strings. This whole game is about being safe on block.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Apparently Chell was overpowered or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

Kinetic Advance forward dash no longer enables attacks 2 frames before blocking is enabled.
Most invincible specials are now -4 or -5 on block after Kinetic Advance forward dash.
This change should have relatively minimal impact on Kinetic Advance juggle combos, but may affect certain ground combos.
Dev Notes: Kinetic Advance forward dash can still make invincible moves safe on block, by the slimmest possible margin. However, doing so should surrender initiative to the opponent. This was always our intention, but it became apparent that -2 or -3 wasn’t enough of a frame disadvantage to shift momentum. Now the defender’s first action after blocking should easily win out, and the dasher has to respond – with their invincible special on cooldown.

Finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

So, I had thought this game had gotten enough buzz that a decent amount of people would be playing. Was I mistaken? Because I picked the game up today and so far I've been in like 5 matches, only 2 have been against dudes in the Carbon tier (against 1 silver and 2 legends) with an average wait time of like 5 minutes per match.

Also holy poo poo it feels like every time I make a bad read my opponent rattles off a 7+ hit combo for a third of my health.

The game's been in "alpha" for months. Of course interest would severely drop off with games coming out in Fall and actual SF having playable online. They should've released the game in at least early access on steam by now.

• Locked thread