Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
What options does Dauntless have against Vlad? It's the only matchup that gives me trouble anymore, because his stupid uppercut stuffs any attempts at pressure I try to start. I can get in on him but then I have no way to make him block high, since overheads and jumping both get stuffed super hard by that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Dias posted:

I don't think he was stating this from an actual "I don't know what she's supposed to do", it's more noting they nerfed everything Chel had, including her far-reaching, kinda fast sweep (which is unsafe on block) and she's already not that great offensively. The point about her f+M still stands true, however - she has a very SF4 Rose-ish type of pressure, where you have a hit-confirmable airborne move and a good throw. You can open up people that way.

My problem is that, really, Chel's buttons aren't...very good. gently caress, her fireball isn't that good, it has pretty big recovery. She isn't this unstoppable neutral game monster. If this wasn't an alpha, I'd think that was a stupid nerf.

To be fair, almost no one has great buttons in this game. Like, there's some individual ones that can be pretty decent, but there's no Chun/Bison equivalent.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

Man, I sure am glad they've done nothing but give Edge more options since launch. Because that's what he was always lacking.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

anime was right posted:

actually thats what the game needs because its boring hth

Other characters need it much more than he does.

• Locked thread