Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tzz
May 15, 2005
COLD

Shockeh posted:

The concept is that you should be looking at the game itself as much as possible, rather than a bunch of meters. The aim is not so much transparency, as simplicity. I totally get the arguments against it, and think they have merit, but I quite like it just because its different; it's not like there's a shortage of games you can play if you want a tonne of data, so to see a game trying another approach is interesting to me.

I wouldn't mind not seeing the opponent's meter if it wasn't for KA on block. Making a good read and suddenly getting jumped and crossed up afterwards is the most frustrating poo poo I've ever seen in a fighting game.

I don't know if I'm in the minority here, but I never liked FADCs and KA is even worse. Does anybody even enjoy having that mechanic in the game (aside from extending combos, which is fun)?

At the very least I'd merge the super and kinetic bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tzz
May 15, 2005
COLD
I don't think one button specials are its issue, but it does get boring pretty fast. It's the HotS of fighting games, they simplified it so much that it feels bland.

tzz
May 15, 2005
COLD
That's KA's fault though. One button specials by themselves wouldn't be so annoying without it.

tzz
May 15, 2005
COLD

lamentable dustman posted:

Not totally

If someone is coming at you and you want to DP them that means you are letting go of your block. 1 button DP means you can attack and block at the same time with an invincible move

Yeah, I don't mean they are ok otherwise, it's just that KA makes them way worse.

• Locked thread