Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rediscover posted:

when i was young i found a walkthrough for secret of evermore that had pics and pages and poo poo.. kind of like a fan made strategy guide instead of a huge text dump. it blew my mind and ive never been able to look at faqs the same way since

some magazine had a really really good complete SoE walkthrough and i bought it just because the walkthrough made it look cool

it was

SoE is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nintendo Power had a really good Secret of Mana guide in a few issues that was laid out like the main character's journal with awesome art.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

HolePisser1982 posted:

this one was my pride and joy

We had a random EGM2 we bought from a grocery store that had all of the Mario RPG boss HP stats and such in it and I bet I read that thing 1000 times over.

GameFAQs owns I agree completely, but I for one survived without it as a kid (32 here) because as a kid I had the time to play the gently caress out of a game and brute force poo poo. Like in Mario RPG we found the seed/fertilizer because we just tried to walk every where we could.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

And make them make an oculus rift game where you gently caress John Romero's Ukrainian wife. Ooooh yeaaaaaa!!!!

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
I had no idea Brenda Brathwaite was Ukrainian.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think the only guide i ever bought was final fantasy tactics, and it was actually somewhat helpful for things like the job guide

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

where is my wailord waifu then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

where is my wailord waifu then