Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

chitoryu12 posted:

All I know is he was rushed to the hospital after falling over and suffered massive complications, like kidney failure.

he fell, which is generally called an accident, because that's what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am desperately looking for texas tornado

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Who's the guy between Warrior and Savage? I can't place the face, although I'm sure I'll kick myself when someone tells me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Just guessing, but Davey Boy Smith?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It looks like Brutus Beefcake to me, but apparently he's still alive (didn't take that one guys advice during his "my life sucks" speech, I guess) so yeah, probably the Bulldog.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

all i could see was colt cabana

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's Crush.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Chexoid posted:

Yeah with Ronda fights it's mostly a matchup of “a lifetime of training at the highest possible level” vs “hey, I can take a punch, I’ll try this MMA thing."

So what you're saying is that Punk's her next opponent?

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

weekly font posted:

It's Crush.

The photographer must not have had access to the better figure...

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
I've slowly been collecting those old Hasbro figures so I've been browsing eBay for a while and the Roddy figure went from 5 bucks to multiple people listing auctions starting at over $20 the day he died.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Shima Honnou posted:

Whoa wait, Dusty's death was an accident?

Monkeycheese posted:

For anyone 65 or over who died of a sudden or chronic illness, I listed their cause of death as senescence (even though "old age" is not a medically recognized cause of death). People who died of infectious diseases (like say pneumonia) are listed as having died of an illness.

Accidents are accidents, regardless of age. Other relatively long-lived wrestlers who died in accidents are Jay Strongbow, Johnny Valentine, Doc Sarpolis, and Dick the Bruiser. (Dusty's situation was similar to Johnny Valentine's, who was sick, suffering from chronic illnesses as most old folks do, and then had a falling accident.) If someone dies from, for example, a heart attack following an accident, I list the cause of death as accident.

Retail Slave posted:

I guess I take solace in the fact that it wasn't a suicide due to CTE or death via drug overdose. It still sucks that he's dead, but it's not immediately apparent that his career as a wrestler had a hand in killing him, and that his death was via "natural causes," so to speak.
The effects of painkillers, recreational drugs, and performance-enhancing drugs only occasionally kill wrestlers in ways that are obvious...they usually die of heart attacks at an age other people would never expect one.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 2, 2015

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Shouldn't Vern Gagne be on that list?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

electric funeral posted:

I've slowly been collecting those old Hasbro figures so I've been browsing eBay for a while and the Roddy figure went from 5 bucks to multiple people listing auctions starting at over $20 the day he died.

I feel like you'll have better luck at any flea market.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Blast Fantasto posted:

I feel like you'll have better luck at any flea market.

You can probably find some under your couch cushions, the loving things are everywhere.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Shouldn't Vern Gagne be on that list?

Thanks for the catch; I didn't have access to the file at the time, and forgot about it.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Anyone dying and seeing Matt Bourne Doink sporting that expression should consider another vacation plan.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
Dg b

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Monkeycheese posted:

RIP Dusty couldn't bump.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

It looks like Brutus Beefcake to me, but apparently he's still alive

It's the ghostly manifestation of Ed Leslie's career.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
I was asked today by someone who is a more casual fan of wrestling exactly how important was Roddy Piper to the WWF in the 80's. This was my answer - without the Joker to fight, Batman arguably wouldn't be as famous. The Avengers (and Thor) films wouldn't have been nearly as great without Loki. The same is true with the WWF's boom being centered around Hulk Hogan - without Roddy Piper to stir the poo poo, Hogan arguably wouldn't have achieved the fame he did in the 80's, and you could probably make a strong case for the WWF not achieving the success it did without Piper to play off Hogan, Lauper, Andre, and others.

Take into account his film career, his runs in the territories, and we lost a titan in the business, and one of the reasons why I first became a fan so long ago. His was one of the first wrestling ACTION FIGURES I ever got as a present. ((I remember losing the kilt that came with the ACTION FIGURE and being mortified for a week.))

RIP Roddy. I miss the hell out of you and without you I probably wouldn't have ever been the fan I am, nor would I have had the brief time in the business (just on a local level) that I had.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Gavok posted:

Instead of going for the expected submission offense, Ronda destroyed her with a Star Platinum fury of strikes.

In other words, just when you think you have the answers, she changes the questions.

You beautiful bastard :golfclap:

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Am i the only one who found this creepy?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No, clowns freak me out too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The only part of that image I find creepy is the thought of Ultimate Warrior getting into heaven, if there is one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TheJoker138 posted:

The only part of that image I find creepy is the thought of Ultimate Warrior getting into heaven, if there is one.

That could be purgatory.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

TheJoker138 posted:

He definitely will. Shame you will never get to see it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I just like the implication that the afterlife is a wrestling ring full of dead wrestlers in costume forever, stuck in their 80s WWF gimmick. Pretty sure that's not heaven.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I just like the implication that the afterlife is a wrestling ring full of dead wrestlers in costume forever, stuck in their 80s WWF gimmick. Pretty sure that's not heaven.

well otherwise they would just be tripping balls off somas

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

He definitely will. Shame you will never get to see it.

Yeah, my curse of immortality is a real bummer.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

well otherwise they would just be tripping balls off somas

80's = Cocaine.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
To get into heaven, you'll have to face a mystery opponent

THE UUUNNNNDEERRTAKKKERRR!!!!!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Marquis de Pyro posted:

To get into heaven, you'll have to face a mystery opponent

MORDECAI!!!!!!

Fixed this for you.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

TheJoker138 posted:

The God of Abraham is the only guy that hates homosexuality more than Warrior so there's a chance.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

electric funeral posted:

The God of Abraham is the only guy that hates homosexuality more than Warrior so there's a chance.

let's just hope warrior didn't eat any shrimp either

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
The Raw tribute for Piper better be on loving point tonight.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

let's just hope warrior didn't eat any shrimp either

Warrior definitely kept a kosher table.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Edwardian posted:

The Raw tribute for Piper better be on loving point tonight.

Well, they nailed it for Dusty, and I'm not sure if they even really liked Dusty, so they'll probably do just fine for Piper.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

Delsaber posted:

Well, they nailed it for Dusty, and I'm not sure if they even really liked Dusty, so they'll probably do just fine for Piper.

Dusty was working with them in NXT, Piper was last seen being a drunken idiot and saying dumb poo poo online, so kinda got it backwards

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I'm gonna echo some people earlier in the thread, and hope Ambrose comes out in a kilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I would be legit surprised if Iron Sheik even gets a tweet when he goes, considering the words he's said.

• Locked thread