Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
This game is awesome. Finally got my first all-metal ship to work, it has a gigantic double barreled cannon on a turret with a 360 degree arc, and two batteries of five anti-air missiles. It absolutely shreds anything except aerial targets with anti-missile defences. I guess for those I just want a gun with high elevation and rate of fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Lasers generally beat most other weapons hands down, especially against aerial targets. The ideal ship is basically a big laser.
I tried making a giant laser once, it was absolutely enormous but when I used it against a Marauder (my standard testing target) all it did was snipe off individual blocks from the Marauder's hull every time it fired - it was far less effective than a similarly sized missile battery or cannon would be. Is there some trick to building lasers that I'm missing?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

Today's patch notes posted:

[1.78] Turret and spinner block health increased from 150 to 500 to help with 'turret pop'

• Locked thread