Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8be8pL0lhw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Walker posted:

Every time I see "this cool fantasy setting that's not just Forgotten Realms but different" all I can think is how much I want to play an Eberron 13th Age game, or an Eberron video game, or really do anything in Eberron that doesn't involve the actual d&d mechanics.

Fake e: I have dogs but no cats, should I post dog pictures

What's stopping you?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm sorry the evil body pillow salesmen ruined your event.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alien Rope Burn posted:

You aren't, and they didn't.

Fair enough.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Slimnoid posted:

Because no one else really gives as much of a poo poo as a site built on the discarded trash from other forums?

But enough about SA bwahahahaha!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm watching the Anime Overlord and reading its novel an I have a question: what's the best system to play as a high leveled super Lich with powerful Monster minions?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

D&D 3.5 w/ Book of Vile Darkness

That's a legitimate answer since Ainz Ooal Gown the Lich has that heart crushing spell from BoVD on his 600+ spell list.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yawgmoth posted:

Why would you inflict this upon anyone

Its a legit book with fun stuff.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It was badass that human is a fundamental evil race made by a fundamentally evil god because if anything it's close to home.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

When you think about it there are 14 books with 88 chapters total... HH brother.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Stop talking about Zak S and butthurt about the ENnies and instead talk about the new D&D movie that I hope to Jesus Christ that gets Jeremy Irons and Marlon Wayans again

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

"DungeonWorld is mediocre", he said, throwing the grenade into the thread.

A truth bomb.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Who was the idiot that kept the rules about loving over your party members that makes sense on apoc world but not on a game where cooperation is actually important

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tendales posted:

I've found that DW works best when everything the players do is a direct response to something the GM is throwing at them. You avoid having the players say "I hack and slash *roll*" by never asking them 'You're in a fight, what do you do?' To function properly, the GM needs to constantly be putting the PCs in a spot. Instead of 'It's your turn, what do you do?' it's always something like 'Cleric, the orc is bearing down at you, swinging its axe in an overhead cleave, what do?' 'Rogue, the cleric has an axe in his head and the orc is laughing in triumph, what do?'

I do agree than an improved DW should probably either condense combat into fewer rolls, or give a more robust selection of basic actions if it wants to stay zoomed in.

Aren't storygames supposed to take off the burden of narrating from the GM lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Yes, they are, but DW wasn't designed as a story game, it was designed to be OSR. It just happened to get very popular with the story gaming crowd.

It was designed with the PbTA rules and intended to be a retroclone because that's like making a tractor with a motorcycle chassis.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Error 404 posted:

Nice condescension there, try not to cut yourself on your own edginess.

Mods? Can someone deal with this troll?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

It wouldn't be the TG chat thread if we didn't go over why some people don't like Dungeon World every couple of months.

Here's what I think it all boils down to:

Middle is missing the "Wears propeller beanies" label.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

dungeon world isn't great but it's a far better game than that fool dude is a poster

YOSPOS, bitch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What's wrong with the Confederacy existing? As long as it doesn't delve on Lost Cause myths they are pretty much the perfect bad guy government to have the players fight against.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's just that an entire nation of Leonardo de Caprio bad dudes on Django Unchained is a cool idea for antagonists imo :shrug:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The CSA retains their cores even when they lose the war on Victoria 2, of course the possibility of the South rising exists.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

If only people would give the Nazis the depth of character they deserve.

The war of Polish Aggression.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I play Sue Detenland, a private eye with a knack for danger and a briefcase full of Polish nuclear secrets... and London wants me dead!

"Poland can into Moon Base filled with WMDs!" - Supreme Dark Lord Jan Kzabyeszkowski

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

grassy gnoll posted:

Why Not Keep Slavery, Asks Brazilian.

Mexicans and Native-Americans are better as evil antagonists than racist plantation owners, answers this thread.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who does everyone think should play The Sun in the upcoming Exalted Motion Picture? My ideas:

- A torch

- A big pile of burning leaves

- Aaron Eckhart. What's this guy been up to lately? Do you think he resents Jon Hamm? I feel like they do the same thing but Jon Hamm does it better. Also what happened to Ted from Better Off Ted?

- A flashlight

- Some matches

- A Lite-Brite

- The moon

His name is The Unconquered Sun and he is being played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

clockworkjoe posted:

So what are some RPGs with crazy random character creation systems or other fun randomized tables/creators? My example is deadEarth, which has an absolutely nuts mutation system: https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/downloads-games/deadearth-resources/

Maid.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ewen Cluney's Schoolgirl RPG

Meep.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cthulhu is a fail rear end Monster that got knocked out by ramming a boat on it. That poo poo wouldn't work even on the crappiest Kaiju like the giant lobster that Godzilla fought.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

okay people find me a game that can pull this sort of campaign setting off;

Literally any game system that isn't tied to a setting and even so with the right homebrew. Next.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

You only have yourself to blame for not wording the question more correct and specifically.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NachtSieger posted:

it's plutonis

Do I know you?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yeah 3 is way too clunky. Which is why 3.5 is a welcome upgrade and fix to it so you should try it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah, pretty much this. There is at least like a 75% chance that the GM or the majority of players wander off within a month or two of starting.

Even on that Ars Magica game you GMed which is on a system that lends itself to loving PBP easier than most systems, half of the party bailed in a month despite the fact we had a loving skype group to hurry people up. *makes the crying angry feel guy face*

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LongDarkNight posted:

Is SchoolgirlRPG like Maid without the rapeyness?

Maid is a lot of thing but it's not loving rapey.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flame112 posted:

My only Maid experience is limited to the listening to the RPPR podcast where they read through the book but I'm pretty sure one of the examples of play in the book was a bunch of maids removing their (underage) master's clothes. Or maybe vice versa. Either way it's real weird and gross.

Thats not weird at all you loving freak. The maid who worked on my home irl took my clothes off to bath all the time when I was a kid but the only one who porked her was dad which is why he got a divorce.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ewen Cluney posted:

Even I don't know how to feel about the fact that Maid RPG got a huge boost in sales from that.

Retail Magic was the game that started as "let's do something non-pervy with the Maid RPG rules." Schoolgirl RPG started as an attempt to make the simplest Maid RPG variant possible, though I did make a point to keep it PG.

Ah that's cool man, its good that the game about pretending to be an underage schoolgirl is not sexual at all, otherwise it would be pretty weird haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

:tvtropes:

• Locked thread