Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I have no affiliation with that cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I've always wanted to play in a Literal Points of light campaign

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Cthulhu is a fail rear end Monster that got knocked out by ramming a boat on it. That poo poo wouldn't work even on the crappiest Kaiju like the giant lobster that Godzilla fought.

:eng101: Ebira, and in final wars he was taken by some half alien dudes with guns so it's a 50/50 really.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ratpick posted:

I once toyed around with the idea for an RPG where you'd start each encounter at 0 and by using your basic attacks you'd also gain MP or Refresh or whatever it's called, so that you'd only be able to unlock your biggest and baddest attacks after a couple of rounds of combat. Flavor it however you like, maybe in order to perform greater magics you first need to open yourself up as a conduit between the magical realm and this one by using basic spells or something, I don't know.

I had a simillar idea for a mech game I called it a tension guage and you built it up by getting hit and using basi attacks you could spend a little of it for somthing simmilar to an encounter power or when it was full use your super move.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Even sweeping fantasy epics should have some resource management and the ability to be "beaten down" a bit it's just thst they then need some sort of rules for overcoming the odds Like i love tenra bansho zero's health system as you reach new teirs of wounded you gain bonuses to hits and damage also you can't be killed unless you choose to but making that choice gives you powerful bonuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Honestly if you have any more than a paragraph of backstory in any game it seriously kills my desire to play with you or run a game for you.

• Locked thread