Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning
I'm not sure where to ask these questions, but I was wondering:

• Is there a trad games IRC still running about?
  • Why is Monster Hearts so popular, especially in PBP on these forums?

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Because goons are deviants.
I just assumed it was because goons universally had a bad time at high school, but the possible truth is far more horrifying.

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's #badwrongfun on synirc

Thanks, man.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

From the sound of things, it might be an idea to experiment with PBP recruitment where you deliver the concept and then, instead of taking character apps, give players a short app form/quiz thing to find the best combination then say "you guys, work together to build a party, 5 days, go"?

But I imagine you'd have to be a pretty well established GM not to be laughed out of the forum, or running a system with such demand people line up for it.

Also, people may lie to get in, so that'd be a factor.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

PublicOpinion posted:

I watched Pain and Gain this weekend and it really made me think of Fiasco. Start out with a simple plan of fraud and wind up trying to grill the fingerprints off some severed hands.

Sounds about right - the last Fiasco game I organized ended with a naked 60-year old spy carrying a ton of katanas running from a nerd who didn't know how to use a Katana into the middle of a n unrelated bank robbery while the game store burned.

• Locked thread