Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Serf posted:

The sad thing is that if I could have a dog, I would get a pug. Those little fuckers are so cute and I'd be drat happy to have one.
Pugs are adorable, but I can never see one without hearing Maria Bamford talking about the Little Angels Pug Rescue in the Glendale Petco, with the trainer lady saying "These are Not! Smart! Animals!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usRhJyUi1n4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Ryoshi posted:

Are the Ennie's actually taken seriously, at all, by anyone? I am legit asking, I have no idea.
The Ennies are decided by a popular vote held by a D&D fan site. It's hard to take their results seriously at all, and doubly so when it comes to D&D material. Some people undoubtedly take them seriously, but for example David Hill (from Onyx Path) said that winning them just made him feel dirty.

The Origins Awards are by popular vote by Origins attendees. From what I've heard they tend to be bent towards whatever games are doing a good job of demoing at Origins that year, but they're a step above open votes from a D&D site on the internet.

The Diana Jones Award is decided by an anonymous committee of industry luminaries, and they deliberately exclude commercial success from their judgments, which is probably why (for example) a Polish larp was among this year's nominees.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Helical Nightmares posted:

And they wonder why anime fans are socially shunned.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUcGZ2u4Q1c
Even I don't know how to feel about the fact that Maid RPG got a huge boost in sales from that.

Retail Magic was the game that started as "let's do something non-pervy with the Maid RPG rules." Schoolgirl RPG started as an attempt to make the simplest Maid RPG variant possible, though I did make a point to keep it PG.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!

Helical Nightmares posted:

I thought Retail Magic was your take on a tabletop Recettear. Or was that something else?
I had the idea to do a silly thing about the staff at a magic item shop years before Recettear existed (I ran it a couple times using Risus), and I revived the idea when I decided to try to do something non-pervy with the Maid RPG rules. I ended up playing Recettear and incorporating some ideas from it after I started on Retail Magic, and I still need to figure out how I'm going to implement the "Commerce Rules" that'll let you do a retail shop simulation in addition to the silliness.

• Locked thread