Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The Long Stairs actually showed up in an altered form in the Monsters and Other Childish things Road Trip mega-adventure, as ripping open the dungeon to let more monsters out was the ultimate goal of the adventure big bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I appreciated that Six-guns and Sorcery for Castle Falkenstein didn't have the Confederacy survive (And did, in fact, go with "Lincoln lived thanks to healing magic so reconstruction stayed on track")

...It did have the US under the control of a group of evil magical Freemasons, though, so you know, win some, lose some.

And yeah, given I live in a state where the legislature actually voted to secede and it passed both houses only to be stopped by a governor's veto, it feels a lot more like "A thing some idiots might try to do at some point"

unseenlibrarian fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 10, 2015

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

As someone who's done a tiny amount of reading on the history of non-Euclidean geometry it makes me want a series of alt-historical pieces about Janos Bolyai, Mythos investigator.

Janos Bolyai, dueling with deep ones.

Janos Bolyai, producing a seminal work on the language of the Tcho-tcho. (All credit for this to be stolen by a more famous linguist.)

Also apparently at one point he was actually literally warned that studying non-Euclidean geometry too closely might drive him insane and just sort of laughed in their face.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

The dude in the foreground was basically literally my app for a Spirit of 77 game, so.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

you gave birth to Satan-Bambi (I double checked just women have to worry about giving birth to demonic woodland creatures)

Don't forget that they're magically impossible to abort and will probably kill you if you have one, so it's save or die in nine months, your fault for playing a woman.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Splicer posted:

Now someone google dream it.

You must have missed a few posts up when Tulul edited the original quote.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Mad-hole, Country of the screamers! My next campaign setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Also, weirdly, at least one member of your group will be John Goodman. He just shows up, no one knows how.

• Locked thread