Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It could just be D&D because thats the only thing that exists to the parents. The kids could also be teens and the parents just want them to shuttup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

Hey guys - I'm moving to Minnesota soon and am wondering what the tabletop scene is there. I'm used to the Chicago suburbs where it seems like there's a local (ish) meta for just about everything. Is there a cool store around the twin cities area? I know of Games by James but that seems to be only board games with no playing space at either location.

Do you like FFG games? If the answer is yes, welcome to Mecca.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I guess I can never play a pbp game because my character backgrounds are never more than a few sentences, I have zero art ability, and I find most of the fun in tabletop to be improv during the game, not "how can I write 'I cast magic missile' in the most EPIC and IN CHARACTER WAY possible."

Which sucks, because my work schedule is a huge issue in getting people together at a table. :negative:

• Locked thread