Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

Here's my cat. She's old and very angry.
Presumably mad I never gave her a name.

Names have power. As long as your cat's name remains your cat's, it will have all the power it needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

idris elba

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

I think your cat is sick
Would you say his cat is as sick as a.... dog? :haw:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

wow way to be completely unhelpful

it's plutonis

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

So my friend published an RPG on DriveThru and I was wondering what the stance was on advertising.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

inklesspen posted:

Well, the forum as a whole will happily sell you a banner ad slot. If you meant just talking it up, that's fine too. Just be sure to disclose that you're here to tell us about your friend's game, as opposed to this completely new game which you happened across by accident on the internet.

Also you'll want to make sure the things you say about it are true and well-supported. For example, if you were to mention that the RPG has an innovative approach to character creation, it would be a good idea to explain what those innovations are (and make sure they haven't been done by 50 other games already).

Yeah, I just meant talking up something a friend made, there's no super convenient stumble upon coincidence here :shobon:.

I'm pretty bad at selling things, but, uh. A friend of mine made an RPG named Succession. It's rules-light (the pdf itself is thirteen pages long) based on John Harper's Ghost/Echo, and made to be GM-less. Very Dark Souls-y in tone. The only game I ever played of it was pretty fun, and I enjoyed the little system in play for making Quests. Plus, it's only three dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Also I was reading the PTU document and there's no rules for being a Ranger that I saw, I was kinda surprised since it's actually combat-related unlike some stuff in there but still unique from normal trainer stuff. Or did I just miss it?

There's nothing to miss, since there's no Ranger class. From what I heard, it's more of an organizational thing, so having a class for it doesn't work the way the devs wanted. If you're a Ranger you get a badge or paperwork or whatever.

• Locked thread