Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

All these people talking about going to GenCon are making me jealous that I don't live in Cincinnati anymore and have an easy chance to go every year, since I'm now in Europe. Has anyone been/does anyone regularly go to Spiel in Essen, Germany (apparently the largest GenCon-like in Europe/one of the largest in the world)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Captain Walker posted:

Every time I see "this cool fantasy setting that's not just Forgotten Realms but different" all I can think is how much I want to play an Eberron 13th Age game, or an Eberron video game, or really do anything in Eberron that doesn't involve the actual d&d mechanics.

Fake e: I have dogs but no cats, should I post dog pictures

I want more Dark Sun. Dark Sun knockoffs are fine too.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Anyone know anything about the games in the newest Bundle of Holding?

quote:

$8.95:

-Age of Arthur (Wordplay Games, retail price $15): A gritty Arthurian Britain of the Dark Ages, powered by Fate 3rd Edition.
-On Her Majesty's Arcane Service (Better Mousetrap Games, retail $10): Help Doctor John Dee defend the new British Empire from occult threats.
-Outremer (Better Mousetrap, retail $10): An alternate 16th Century where the Crusader States have survived and thrived.
-Timemaster (Goblinoid Games, retail $6): The classic 1980s Pacesetter game of high-impact time-travel adventure. True, Timemaster isn't a "historical" RPG -- but it can connect all the others!

$21.90:

-Pirates & Dragons Core Rulebook (Cakebread & Walton, retail $25): Fantastic swashbuckling in an archipelago of strange beasts and vile necromancers. Includes the Dragon Isles Poster Map (retail $2).
-Maelstrom Domesday (Arion Games, retail $15): A new version of the classic British RPG Maelstrom, set in 11th-Century Anglo-Norman Britain.
-Northern Crown (Atlas): Fantastic D20 System adventures amid the legends and myths of colonial North America. Includes both New World Adventures (retail $15) and the Gazetteer (retail $15).
-Heirs to the Lost World (Obsidian Serpent, retail $10): The mythic New World during the Age of Exploration.

Conceptually I like the idea behind a couple of these (On Her Majesty's Arcane Service sounds like a more occult version of Neil Stephenson's Baroque series and seems interesting), but have no idea if they're poo poo or not.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

gradenko_2000 posted:

All of the SSI D&D Gold Box games have been released on gog.com

Is Beamdog going to be remastering Planescape: Torment like they've done so far successfully with BG1/BG2/Icewind Dale? The earliest D&D game I ever played was NWN, but I got sucked into BG1:EE something fierce after getting it really cheap on a Steam holiday sale a couple years ago.

Also they're making a new BG expansion, whatwhatwhat.

Drone fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 21, 2015

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Wasn't there a PBP game of Dungeon World or 13th Age or something not long ago that was set in Morrowind? Did that ever become a thing? I vaguely remember reading the recruitment post but it was for a system I don't know at all and :effort:

• Locked thread