Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Esser-Z posted:

I am 100% down with the adorable turn this thread took. I'll add my own feline when I get home.

Esser-Z poast teh catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this cat has murder in its eyes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ettin plz change thread title to TG August Cat Thread

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

ettin plz change thread title to TG August Cat Thread

thank

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm watching the Anime Overlord and reading its novel an I have a question: what's the best system to play as a high leveled super Lich with powerful Monster minions?

D&D 3.5 w/ Book of Vile Darkness

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Yawgmoth posted:

Why would you inflict this upon anyone

plutonis

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

FactsAreUseless posted:

This explains why he picked animals. Blind kids would have an easier time understanding that vermin are evil than that blacks and Arabs are evil.

D+, you can do better

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dungeon world isn't great but it's a far better game than that fool dude is a poster

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:rip:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Ratpick posted:

This inspired me too Google Duck Tales and Cthulhu together and this is what I found:

So, I guess that's a thing.

In cat-related posting, my loving idiot of a cat has for some reason taken to grabbing huge chunks of food from her bowl, throwing them on the floor and then proceeding to nibble at them from the floor. What are you doing, cat?

diagnosis: is a cat
closed: WONTFIX

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hedningen posted:

Glad my last order from DTRPG was back in February. Certainly makes me less paranoid.

To keep with petchat, here is a tiny dog I live with. He's a trained therapy dog and is quite tired after visiting a nursing home earlier today, hence the goofy clothes.

I think your cat is sick

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

moths posted:

I lucked out because I only buy stuff on Drivethru via Paypal. You got my hopes up about a Torchbearer expansion, but it looks like it's just a few odds and ends - some of which are free. I was surprised to see some Burning Wheel on there, but Luke Crane is still a big dumb idiot so you can't get anything you'd actually want. (Or print versions, apparently.)

Levels 6+ are still a pipe dream...

Cat chat:
About two years ago I was driving home and got stuck behind a van that had inexplicably stopped. There was a sudden flurry of movement, and I thought he'd hit a family of ducks. He fast-walked back to the driver's side and zoomed out of there.

Fucker dumped a whole litter of kittens. I tried to gather up as many as I could to take to a local no-kill shelter where a coworker volunteers. But they were quick, it was dark, and the only one I caught was this dummy who thought she could hide by squatting in the grass:

After I got home, I had to spend the rest of the night disassembling the dashboard to get her out of where she'd climbed up. She fit in the palm of my hand.

Her eyes were swollen shut for a few weeks. She had an itchy eye infection that she scratched by rubbing her face in litter - which got trapped in her eyes and made things worse. (When we realized what was happening, we switched to shredded newspaper 'litter.) She's given us some other scares, but now she's a big fat doofcat. (And her eyes work.)

that went from :( to :) quickly; post more doofcat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

alternatively, pose your cat with a flaming guitar and post the doof warrior cat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Spiderfist Island posted:

Tenra Bansho Zero, maybe? I'm not too familiar with how it works in practice though.

apocalypse world

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

moths posted:

Exactly.

ftfy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Evil Mastermind posted:

Error 404 posted:

Happy Sammyversary!
                                                                                          /

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tollymain posted:

another victim of insamnia

this is the best post you've ever made

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Davin Valkri posted:

Don't games from that time period tend to age terribly regarding stuff like bad user interfaces, poor mechanical balance and opaque documentation?

see: 3.5e

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Serf posted:

The greatest crime is that we never got the 4E turn-based tactical dungeon crawler that we should have. If there ever was a game primed for being turned into a CRPG it was 4E.

this would have been really great

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

get the gently caress out of here with racism

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Final fantasy 7 is extremely good

Citation: my personal experience and also elentor's S-tier LP

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Serf posted:

the biggest shotgun in the universe one-shotting

Please stop doxxing my dick

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I run a dece amount of AW here and if you app a character that has more than two short paragraphs of background you're almost definitely not getting in

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PublicOpinion posted:

I watched Pain and Gain this weekend and it really made me think of Fiasco. Start out with a simple plan of fraud and wind up trying to grill the fingerprints off some severed hands.

That was a far better movie than it had any right to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kestral posted:

This. You're doing a disservice to yourself if you have much more than a paragraph of concept to start with, and probably a short paragraph at that. Leaving your character room to be tied intimately into the setting and the lives of the other PCs leads to much more interesting - and playable - results than fixing their place in the world in advance.

yes

paradoxGentleman posted:

Whichever your preference is, you should make it clear in your OP so people can tailor their characters to the needs of the game if they want to participate. I would feel pretty bummed out If I wrote a full page of background dripping with story hooks only to have it rejected because it's too long.

if you write a giant page of background for AW you don't get in because you don't get how the game is supposed to work
That being said, I usually offer a question or two for your app to answer, and then another question or two as recruitment rolls on

• Locked thread