Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vita means life

- the judge sentencing us for vita ownership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is hyrule warriors very reliant on 2 analog sticks or will i be able to skate by on my original 3ds when it comes out next year?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XboxPants posted:

what do I get for buying a PSTV

a ds3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

fruitpunch posted:

Don't listen to this, the DS3 is garbage. Get a DS4.

yes but its what you get for buying a pstv. its bundled in

thats :thejoke:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my fav anime trope character is the gruff wisecracker who's too cool for school but also the butt of every joke. he also eats a lot.
please recommend me games with this character in a prominent position.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

got both those already but thanks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

James Woods Fan posted:

New Crackdown looks tight. Scalebound reminds me of Dragon's Dogma. These are good things.

dragons dogma looks a hell of a lot better than beats by dre in how to train your dragon..

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Scalebound looks really cool. A kind of multiplayer Xenoblade game with a big dragon and an action emphasis? I can dig it. Too bad I'll never buy an Xbone.

multiplayer and cool are not words that i got out of that video

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

they can go gently caress themselves for cancelling the vita port

it hitches on ps4 so there are probably a few smoldering vitas at the studio

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Accordion Man posted:

I feel Peace Walker is by far the worst mainline MGS, its frickin' boring as hell. People poo poo on 4 but at least that was fun to play.

its not boring at all because fulton. its a portable title so its not a fair comparison despite the hd remaster on console. besides now we have an answer to the question "what would kojima do with a monster hunter game?"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol worst mgs my rear end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beat dragons dogma. very fun. probably replay it eventually with different classes maybe try to do more of the post game stuff but the everfall random monster encounter stuff is not really grabbing me now with my boring warrior character.

game's quest flags are so hosed up but in a kind of endearing way even if it does gently caress you over left and right until you know what you're doing and what to watch out for.

started Neir today and it seems really great and refreshingly polished coming off of dd. fun times.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you're a warrior, you could move into Assassin. You won't be using many of their bow abilities, but a lot of what they do is climbing-based, and the warrior's high strength growth is great for that.

ok cool. thanks i'll try it out if any part of neir makes me as mad as the cavern of fate or whatever room i saw this morning with the double dark chimera with 6 of those hell wolves that spit fire and drag you around that i entered right after killing a dragon, leaving the room, and turning back around to see if i missed something.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do they hurt gas mileage in a noticeable way?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get Ys:Moc and WipEout 2048

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ys memories of celcetta is one of the best handheld action rpgs out there, not just the on the vita. its got darksouls style bonfire-like checkpoints and shortcut unlocking and the combat system is a clever twist on the standard character action 3 weapons with 2 button combos and specials (you jump from control of each of 3 party member that use one of the 3 weapon classes, instead of having a single character control all the weapons like in GoW or DmC)

the bosses are good the music is very good, and the anime rarely veers from what western audiences would deem palatable

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

all the japanese games i've played recently have "woman who can't cook" in them. Nier, Deadly prem, persona 4g, etc.
what other games have this?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

never seen goku turn down a meal.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tastes like the floor of a cave!
-nier to his terminally ill daughter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Emily's entire plot line before the kidnapping is practically just cooking and reacting to thomas' cooking

Accordion Man posted:

Its kind of weird they have those jokes considering Nier, DP, and Persona 4 either have trans and intersex characters that are portrayed as actual characters or have fighting against cultural gender roles as as a recurring theme.

wait how is Thomas in deadly prem a step forward for representation?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sleeveless posted:

It's not really just a Japan thing, a guy being bisexual or a crossdresser or liking BDSM is still shorthand for them being criminally insane in just about every form of media. Even extending to coverage of real life crimes.

like disney villains having a deformity.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he big boss'd the villain!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Motto posted:

i haven't played persona 4, but based on what i've heard i don't think it has any trans characters

its a twelfth night situation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cardboard Box A posted:

Japan Indie Games Expo (a quarter are Tohou fangames, 1% are coming to Steam)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHZV8SdjT7Q

random click on the time bar took me to a mech shmup at like 29 minutes looks ok

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anybody know if tales of zestria has random battles? i'm about 75% of the way through hearts r now and its is kinda wearing outs its welcome for me with the frequency of boring fights but i kinda like it and would be willing to try zestria on ps4 this fall if its less annoying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

No they're all on the map like most Tales games. Apparently the camera is kind of iffy because there's no cutaway to a separate battle screen, you just fight them where they are and it's the first time Bamco has tried that.

sounds good. is the battle system more interesting than hearts r? i feel like you can win basically any non boss fight by just tapping x and all the special moves and systems that the game spends forever telling you about just feel superfluous.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

http://www.geek.com/games/handheld-steam-machine-available-november-10-for-299-but-ships-late-2016-1630846/

some idiot is trying to reinvent the vita for steam despite 1. all the best steam games that could run on a handheld are already on vita and 2. nobody wants the vita at 100 dollars nobody is going to want the "Smatch Zero" fmrly known as "Steamboy" at 300

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe i'm too harsh here. surely the west could support a handheld by itself in 2015 up against nvidia tablets.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he was probably fired because nintendo employees aren't supposed to say anything without boss approval on both sides of the pacific

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

setafd posted:

yo so what the gently caress is a PlayStation TV and can I play the PS1/2 games I had bought on my roommate's PS3 on it

its a vita with no screen, camera, or touch capability and a pack in ds3

it plays a limited whitelist of vita, psp, and ps1 games and allows for streaming games from a ps4 to the pstv via remote play. I think they're giving it psnow streaming games too but idk for sure

it does not play ps2 games. it is a crippled vita designed to ride the tv accessory wave as an also ran while getting rid of lots of vita parts nobody wanted.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why are mobas such garbage and why do people keep playing them despite everyone admitting that they're not having fun?

There is no bigger turn off to me than something proclaimed to be an "e-sport"

kids don't have money to buy games that cost money and think they'll be an e sports millionaire one day.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

There was a year or two where PC would get interesting indie games you couldn't find anywhere else, but now those are all timed console exclusives anyway, and there is no reason to have a PC over a console unless you really like DOTA and League.

lot of people care about performance i guess but good enough is good enough imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

This I suppose. Like I wouldn't mind if FFXV came out on PC so I could play it at 60fps. But it also wouldn't have trophies so it's a wash

what does steam have instead like a trading card game for laundering drug money? i don't pay attention to all those notification that pop up when i'm just trying to necrodance or whatever on my laptop

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nasgate posted:

PC gaming is hella cheap. Can build a good gaming rig for about as much as consoles these days. And all games are always on ridiculous sales on steam or bundle stores.

And you can sell your cards to buy more games, so with PC gaming you can literally pay for games by playing games.

thanks, lord gaben

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Motto posted:

don't wanna criticize people for wanting to give advice, but when people talk about how cheap PC gaming is they're pretty much always only talking about the cost of putting a box together, they never factor in the cost of getting a monitor and stuff.

countdown to someone saying that consoles need a tv

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jibo posted:

People should be connecting their PCs to TVs anyway.

i should try doing editing on the couch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

brigador looks really good but early access announcements at this point seems strange. game was suppposed to be done and fully released a while ago wasn't it? i haven't followed its development more than having it on my steam wishlist for like 2 years so maybe this was the plan all along but it doesn't feel that way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

some sequels fail because they just try to be bigger without making the original game any better and what was a focused experience becomes bloated and tedious. i would name examples but that would hurt feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I've never bought a season pass before and i'm considering it for the witcher 3, are they usually still available after dlc starts coming out or do you have to buy in early to get the bundle discount? (ps4 if relevant)

• Locked thread