Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

precision posted:

goddamn japan, WE TALKED ABOUT THIS

AT LEAST KEEP IT ON THE FUCKIN VITA

what is it with people getting pissy about anime in their japanese games. the 3ds is an anime game console by an anime game company

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm a fan of noted anime games such as splatoon and dark souls

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

agreed

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

Man you totally showed the author of that lovely clickbait article by linking to it and getting them clicks.

it's cool how video game nerds are literally parroting arguments from 1920s fascists

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why are mobas such garbage and why do people keep playing them despite everyone admitting that they're not having fun?

There is no bigger turn off to me than something proclaimed to be an "e-sport"

counter strike is good. too twitchy and execution-based to have a huge e-'sport' infrastructure/scene though, it's too hard to play for nerds who just want to spend hundreds of hours memorizing patterns and strategy

Ekster posted:

It's fun with friends, but none of my friends play Dota so...

Never, ever play MOBAs with strangers.

if you don't play with strangers you'd have to play with people you know, and that would involve revealing that you play MOBAs in public, so better idea: don't play MOBAs at all

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

In Training posted:

CS has a pretty healthy scene though.

it's like a tenth the size of even DOTA, as far as i was aware at least

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 14, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

theultimo posted:

Reminder, Macross Plus turns 20 today.

i was reading on polygon comments or neogaf or something nerds bitching about how MODERN ANIME has been ruined with the inclusion of pop idol stuff in relation to that fire emblem SMT game. little do they know macross is literally like 35 years old. lol

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Motto posted:

people have a weird obsession with japanese idols. a trailer for a new falcom came out that had idols in it for a single shot and the entire reaction was people bitching about that.

Level Slide posted:

I know former anime emperor, Zorak, would often talk about how the idol industry is a front for actual yakuza or someshit. I have to wonder if that one idol group comprised of ladies over 80 are also part of the yakuza conspiracy and the death of feminism in Japan.

Anyway, Tokyo Xanadu looks like a nice game, even though I probably won't be able to play it for a long time.

i mean idol stuff is legitimately kind of sketchy, although like everything to do with japan people's reaction can be way far out of proportion to it, it's just the dumb nerds slowly realizing that their favorite video games are actually anime games *gasp* and freaking the gently caress out that's so funny. it's like you told someone the bread they make sandwiches for lunch with has actually been made of ground up cockroaches for years

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Zombies' Downfall posted:

That analogy only really makes sense if the bread actually was made of ground-up cockroaches though, because Japanese games definitely put stuff like idols in things where it makes no sense to us and is weird

the point is they didn't care or notice for years until it was pointed out to them. it was a bad analogy

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

quote:

Billionaire who sold Minecraft to Microsoft is sad and lonely

http://www.cnet.com/news/billionaire-who-sold-minecraft-to-microsoft-is-sad-and-lonely/

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Jon Do posted:

You know some people are reading that, and all they're thinking is 'Federline'. Countdown till he loses half his remaining poo poo in a divorce settlement? Then again, first world problems.

i'm pretty sure he's already divorced and was before the sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

star wars is bad

• Locked thread