Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

precision posted:

fire emblem

precision posted:

Good Anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

i'm a fan of noted anime games such as splatoon and dark souls
i quite enjoy anime games such as metal gear solid and ace combat

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

let's also not forget about anime games such as ridge racer and gran turismo

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

i dont always like americanime games (shogo is pretty rough) but driver san francisco is one of the few i like

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

my fav anime trope character is the gruff wisecracker who's too cool for school but also the butt of every joke. he also eats a lot.
please recommend me games with this character in a prominent position.
ys has dogi

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The constant menu juggling with the camouflages
Just put on Jungle face camo and Tiger Stripe clothes and never look at that thing again.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Yo Styx: Lord of Shadows or whatever is like hot garbage I guess

Like it looked like it had good graphics so it should be a good game but it's like not and I don't understand why it is a bad game

how do you gently caress up being a goblin
MODS!?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

One of my most anticipated games has graphics that look like this

Innit pretty?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

You can just play Outrun, you know
Outrun's just one sprint, this is gonna have circuits AND sprints AND other game modes.

Besides, it's got pop-up headlights, like in my avatar. You can't argue with pop-up headlights.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

theultimo posted:

Yup Miata popups are the bomb.
I love popup headlights of all kinds.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

is there poppin synth? cuz that's literally all that matters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pbzUBg_AjY

this is the musician they have on

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

why the gently caress are people talking about the worst game in here :wtc:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's funny, I didn't realize people were discussing a new expansion for some game about cars or something, probably Gran Turismo or Gran Turismo 2 or Gran Turismo 3 or Gran Turismo Pocket.
okay fine, second-worst game

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

If you press the first person button whenever eva is around you find out snake is always staring directly at her tits.
no but see it's like a deep way of conveying their emotional connection because *gasp* later he looks at her :aaa: FACE :aaa:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I heartily approve of weird racing games and Grip looks super weird.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

If you're a podcast person 99% Invisible did an episode on modern slot machines and all the user-engagement tricks they use are pretty wild.
Both of the people talking are insufferable and neither of them talk long enough for you to adjust to their own brand of annoying.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

My fav part of Deus Ex is hovering my crosshairs for several seconds on a terrist's head and then hitting him with a tranquilizer bolt from my mini-crossbow, then having him proceed to not really be affected by it and instantly knowing where I am. I also like that you get the option to get that, a pistol you already have and a rocket launcher that can kill any human in one hit while having such a tiny sound radius that you can use it without alerting other guards.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Oh yeah, the dialogue sucks, even for games of the time.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Really, what I've learned about Deus Ex over the years is that if you take its notions of stealth at all seriously instead of just nuking the odd guy who sees you with a rocket, you're gonna have a bad time.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

System Shock 2 meanwhile was a much better game with better dialogue and voice acting, despite it all being recorded on a tin can.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Ekster posted:

Also how can you not love the borderline racist accents in DX1.
related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SC7z8W134

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I seem to remember that the clock racer, whom you had to beat on every course to unlcok, was the biggest motherfucker in the world and that trying to beat him on one of the last couple of tracks was the hardest thing in video games I ever did.
I thought you were talking about Diddy Kong Racing, not Crash Team Racing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

In Training posted:

I can think of 13,279 that are dumber.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

program666 posted:

Procedural generation is really appealing for multiple reasons.
None of which have to do with making a nicer game and all of which have to do with taking work off of the developer.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The only times people have praised a game's design when it has randomly made levels is when those levels have a giant dose of handmade pieces thrown into the mix (see: Diablo, Spelunky)

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

So it turns out the real enemy to videogames turned out to be pachinko.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It is! :)

• Locked thread