Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Lol at him pretending to take a swing at a fake cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nasgate posted:

A Corporate shill forcibly controlling a dragon to further your own goals.

Meta as gently caress

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Healbot posted:

WoW wouldn't have bled so much if content was delivered in a timely manner. People got burnt out even faster than back during Cataclysm because Blizzard has no concept of keeping deadlines.

Can't really tell buy that chart because they don't show increments of time, but they were hemorrhaging subs early and quickly within the first few months. Everybody knows that the orc storyline dragged back a bunch of old farts that are even older now and were never going to stick around.

They are actually speeding up the rate of content tho, by making wow expansions a yearly release :v:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Even Kojima can't make monster hunter games not garbage. Everything about PW is awesome except for the monster hunter parts.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

maybe you're just old

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

So either that's a pricing error or the new world of warcraft super deluxe expansion edition is over 100 bucks.

As a collector of fine ultra huge game boxes this outrages and angers me.

Also it's literally just TBC again! They even have illidan on the box, they also stated that everything in TBC was just stdh.txt. You see you didn't kill any of those guys all those years ago they all came back to life in some form, yes lets call everything setbacks! Also they seem to be proudly announcing that you will have to grind for everything interesting mentioned in this game, it's a feature!

Blizzard just release Warcraft 4 already, stop killing the franchise with poo poo like this. Give me my orcs without all thise Vanilla Diablo 3 bullshit and fire that guy who made diablo 3 out of a cannon.

The franchise is turning into a yearly Activision cashgrab and its extremely obvious with Legion. WoD sold like gangbusters to old farts that are nostalgic for orcs, and Legion will probably sell just as well to people who have a hard on for the old elf storylines. They don't even have to worry about people actually playing the game and paying subs if they can sell enough expansions.

Next year I'm sure they'll be rehashing a new Lich King expansion.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Most of it is focused on dragging the Illidan fangirls back to the game by making him the major figure in the expansion and introducing his class as playable complete with doing a elf flippy jump on command.

The Taint Reaper posted:

they're appealing to the same people. I just hope it blows up in their face like vanilla diablo or Starcraft HOTS because only then do they make good games.

Despite the fact that they bitch and moan about everything, wowplayers are the easiest fans to appease on a basic level. It's like crack but with the added sunk cost fallacy.

theultimo posted:

And yet Dalaran and Vurkill are in Legion too, so they are trying to grab LK stuff as well.

It's probably just for the setup to the next LK themed expansion, they did the same thing in WoD setting up Legion.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I wonder if the food that Japanese girls cook actually comes out as lumps of black matter

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Thomas in DP isn't that sympathetic of a character. He's a scheming nefarious gay, which is a thing in Japan. Kaine isn't trans or intersex, she's a girl who just so happens to have a penis due to a glitch.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Colonel posted:

I personally just see it as lighthearted comic relief, none of the characters are particularly centered around their inability to cook.

Its strange because I've only found it funny in Gintama because it was part of a gag with the other characters, in everything else its just "them wacky broads sure can't cook lol"

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

NoA wouldn't even release Devil's Third until people complained on the internet, even though it was already getting localized for Europe.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah the multiplayer is guaranteed DOA in the US. I'm glad it's getting a PC release because that kind of game is extremely my poo poo.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Every time I play Hyrule Warriors is dislike it more and more. It's somehow worse than kens rage 2

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

A ranks are all bullshit like don't take 4 hearts of damage between you and your friend, exp and badges are ridiculously grindy compared to other modern Warriors games.

Its strange how the Nintendo backed one has the worst QoL

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ok, saying KR2 was better was a stretch, but HW is more disappointing than KR2 because it had much more potential.

theultimo posted:

Best is still Warriors Orochi 2, followed by 3

Have you tried SW4 yet? It isn't as super stuffed with content like WO, but the new hypercombo system owns and the gimmick in it is great.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

In Training posted:

Rare games belong in the trash. Sorry the bin.

Blast Corps, my friend

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Perfect Dark Zero looked so loving cool to teenage me and my friends, with its robot suits and sweet rear end katanas and online multiplayer.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/08/19/call-of-duty-black-ops-3-beta-this-game-is-going-to-be-even-harder-for-people-like-me/

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I used to love the Total Recall game when I was a kid. But that was when I'd like any game that was more playable than Monster Party.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

Escape From New York had a wireframe sequence but it wasn't CGI, to save money they built a model of the city and painted it black and made the wireframe out of glowing tape.

A decade later, they did the same sequence in Escape From LA but with CGI and it looks worse.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The ps2 era one was a prequel actually

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Goddamnit Swery, are seriously tricking me into buying your lovely game a fourth time?!?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/26/cult-classic-deadly-premonition-gets-deluxe-ps3-box-set/

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think the whole of the kind of people that spend time posting on the Internet is an echo chamber. I find it better if I want to get out of 'an echo chamber' is to go talk to some gamers in real life and get away from Reddit and Twitter. My peers around my age with families, jobs, etc. A lot of SJW types seem to be scary derelicts, addicts and failures judging by history I've seen on some of them.

Since I just spent some time equating peers and echo chambers and cults it occurs to me that I could find a homeless person on the street (as opposed to taking a trip to Africa or finding some bush tribesman in Australia or something) and really get out of my echo chamber that way by telling them about GG too, but they have other priorities so I usually just talk to them about their life and give them money.

In the end, I am reasonably certain of my own ability to assess facts and don't desire that much validation from other people.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

If a group of games journalists were hanging off a ledge and were about to fall I would run up there and start bashing their fingers with a hammer in order to hasten the process.

I'd pee on em

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Level Slide posted:

Please tell me the posts following that were calling the dude out on being an rear end in a top hat.

For your sanity, yes everybody calls him out for his terrible opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

precision posted:

the xbox one might be literally the first console ever made that doesn't have a single exclusive i want to play on it

i mean it sure doesn't have one yet anyway

What about that one game that's a bunch of n64 ports

• Locked thread