Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
King of Thieves is a pretty cute multiplayer platformer. It's kinda like if Ms Mowz from Paper Mario got her own game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Get a load of this loving nerd

Jimmy DeSanta as Bobby Moynihan

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Kanfy posted:

I mean I never got into Ocarina of Time myself but I can still recognize why it's considered such an important and beloved game. Trying to claim that in reality it was actually a bad game back in '98 would be real dumb of me, even if I don't personally hold it in such high regard.

Deus Ex wasn't that big of a deal until well after its release, iirc. Like what started the discussion in the first place, the stuff that's janky today was janky back then, and there's a reason it took as long as it did to get a (mediocre, underfunded) sequel. Somewhere along the line "cult classic" got distorted into "critical darling and canonical Best Game" because people are easily wowed when older games let you approach levels in different ways.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

The Colonel posted:

DKC2 a good game

The music is pretty bad compared to the first one, imo, but the game is good.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

It's almost like there's never been a good Turok game.

Rage Wars was fun.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Portrait of Ruin played pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean red ash was a complete disaster so I'm not like super down with the guy

What happened with red ash other than they released a video that was literally "hey look, we have a movement system and that's about it because we're in pre-alpha" and people got angry because they don't know what a pre-alpha is?

• Locked thread