Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Update for August, games still good.

Taint Reapers, i think you have the weirdest Amiibo fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
A good month to be a PS4 owner.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Lmao "the widely regarded best mgs of all time is just slightly less lovely than mgs2"

Like jesus dude, did Kojima cuckold you?

Mgs3 is the best of the 4 main games, particularly with the improved gameplay from subsistance version and beyond. Great story and cinema, and the most fun you'll have with guards.

Mgs1 is classic and holds up well for a psx game. Twin snakes adds amazing cutscenes and makes ocelot a stupid easy fight.

Mgs2 is one of my favourites for how absurd the series can be and vastly improves the gameplay with lots of neat features added in. The tanker is my favourite "tutorial" in any game. Bonus points for introducing Vamp.

Mgs4 has super fun gameplay elements that you really only get to mess with in the first two acts. And god help you if you're going for a pacifist run. Long rear end cutscenes and you can really tell Kojima was unhappy working on Mgs again.

Peace walker is super fun but really meant to be be played in bursts. Notable for adding Fulton recovery.

Ground zeroes is loving gorgeous and insanely well optimized. People frequently play below spec levels. Also has amazing run videos. Such as a guy throwing one vip target at another who is driving a jeep and knocking him out. Or a dude taking out AA guns by ramming them with a truck.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Gotcha Force

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Depends on your definition. If you define harem as a group of people who exist for the main character, you can argue that Dark Souls is a Harem anime.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The Scalebound gameplay and trailer make me long for the days of silent protagonists.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

theultimo posted:

I think the beats by Dre were more than enough

If you could change your color pallete to like all white with some black and gold, you could at least pretend you're a villain.

A Corporate shill forcibly controlling a dragon to further your own goals.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Awesome! posted:

they couldnt get it to 60fps on vita so they killed it

There goes the sale to the twenty people in NA that own Vitas

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Judging by the skin tone in that gif, he'd have to be in a gang. No one gets more poo poo on during times of racial strife than mixed race kids.

Of course they probably won't go into that, and it's actually whitewashing, but one can hope.

I also hope there some bayou action and a crayfish trapping minigame.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I really want to make a Galak-Z thread but I have neither A) the time B) the OP-making chops or C) the Galak-Z chops/knowledge to do a good post :(

Isn't one of the devs a goon that posted earlier? Or am I misremembering?

If true, I'm sure they'd love to help.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
In case anyone wanted to Hawken is a fun game where you blow up robots.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

precision posted:

i bought a vita

and persona 4 golden and, since it's on sale, dangan ronpa trigger happy or w/e it's called

my girlfriend picked out hatsune miku project diva f 2

help

Your gf has better taste in games than you.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Draenor was the second TBC themed expansion, legion is the third.

they're appealing to the same people. I just hope it blows up in their face like vanilla diablo or Starcraft HOTS because only then do they make not-awful games.

Ftfy m8

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

nnnotime posted:

4X game Master of Orion reboot, developers' diary #1 video is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-FzmFH1QV8

I'm the Alkari's disrespectful squawk to you at the end.

EDIT: https://youtu.be/x-FzmFH1QV8?t=6m23s

Im the Mighty Ducks spaceship.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I've always seen it as Hideo loving loving movies and creating characters to be essentially movie tropes.

Meryl: Strong woman falls in love with quirky hero with no sensible redeeming features, because he's the everyman hero. For a recent example, see Ant Man

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
PC gaming is hella cheap. Can build a good gaming rig for about as much as consoles these days. And all games are always on ridiculous sales on steam or bundle stores.

And you can sell your cards to buy more games, so with PC gaming you can literally pay for games by playing games.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

countdown to someone saying that consoles need a tv

It's true though? Like, there's no reason to have a TV unless you have a console or want to connect your pc to it. Lmao if you have cable or Sat in 2015.

And monitors are big enough you can watch movies with your s/o on them.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

yeah i agree, theres no reason to wath moies or netflix or hatevr on a big tv, if you are an alone person wwith no friends to watch things with

Who the gently caress wastes their life watching movies if you have other human beings to communicate and have fun with? Especially at home? Drink, chat, play board games, and/or dance.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The planets were boring, but driving around in the mako was the best part of all 3 games for me. That and femshep headbutting a krogan.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Persona 5, Xenoblade X, and Final Fantasy 15 are all coming out on different days on the same week.

I'm ready to drop 300 dollars on Collector's Editions, who else is with me?

One of these games will be a commercial success.

None of these games will be fun enough to be worth reatail, let alone CE.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Mmos have always sucked, they just seemed fun when you were young and dumb.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
N64 however, does not have Cubivore

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

They charged 29.99 for a 10 hour game, for 29.99 I could have gotten way more cocaine.

Were the hell do you live were coke is sold in increments of pennies? Or even in 30$ increments.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

winners don't do drugs

I believe most gold medalists drink coffee and/or tea.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Yes, I have seen a lot of skinned corpses
:frogon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u91t0_wfL6k

• Locked thread