Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay Crackdown 3 looks pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ddraig posted:

They need to release the original Crackdown on the PC.

That was one of the few games that actually made me feel a sinking feeling in my stomach when jumping off somewhere high.

Plus it was pretty chill just jumping everywhere and kicking cars into orbit whenever you felt like it.
That'd be great with mod support too. Fat chance we get even the third game on PC.

The Dark Souls 3 gameplay looked really good.

I'm kinda surprised at the amount of stuff they're showing at GamesCom that is at least not rehashed E3 stuff.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Holy poo poo I'm watching the EA conference at gamecom and they just go "Let's make this a party" and then cue tons of people acting so enthusiastic on stage it's super awkward looking.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Good to know gamers are out there keeping them honest!

Those are the two most popular comments btw

I can't stop laughing at how dumb these comments are.
They're arguing about the definition of Mafia.

Take a look at some german gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCxXOSZABLc

The driving is giving me Sleeping Dogs vibes in how destructive it is.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 5, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

This poo poo looks like fun.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

drunkill posted:

Cars are exploding a little too easily, hopefully it'll be toned down before release (not for a year anyway) so car crashes are crashes, not just explosions. I also hope the trams are ridable, it was sad that a ton of content was cut from Mafia 2, the subway and elevated trains were locked off from player use, they were supposed to be part of the open world before that was restricted.

It looks like the car explosions were just for show. I'd say they'd tone it down.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Gonna be honest here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCWQXxqbIbA
Devil's Third looks like poo poo and I still want to get it.

E: Uhhh multiplayer looks weird

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 5, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Stux posted:

who cares about raiders

People who actually think MMOs are fun.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That picture at the top of that article, I know that place, it's packed to the brim with hipsters and they do tons graffiti art around the area each week. It's actually kind of cool looking most of the time...

BUT gently caress THAT poo poo LET'S GET MY CHAD THE BLOWHOG FANART PASTED ALL AROUND THE PUB.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

My favorite part of MGS was when Naomi killed herself because it was the only way to avoid Otacon.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I liked when Big Mama walked into fire because she thought a bag of beef soup was Big Boss.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

I dunno, Sniper Wolf choosing to be shot in the face rather than hear him whine is a high point as well.

I dunno either, Naomi did literally grab his camera bot to make him watch as she killed herself.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Nah I'd do the same thing if I knew my other option was to marry Otacon. I think Kojima just hates Otakus.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

when you think about it, aren't waifus just a modern muse?

Hatsune Miku inspired me to be the biggest, neckbeardiest, fugly, weebo known to man.

Waifu's are exactly like muses.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Otacon was probably my favorite character in MGS1. I felt his story was really quite tragic, and he was the only character who wasn't a soldier or bio weapon or ninja and he kind of felt more "grounded" than all the rest. Yeah he's a nerdy scientist. Scientists are nerds. I really felt bad for him, tricked into building a nuclear battle tank and having to watch the woman he stockholm syndrome fell in love with get shot in the face was pretty harrowing stuff, and I really was rooting for him to make it out okay. I actually prefer the ending with him and Snake than Meryl and Snake.

Otacon was some sort of crazy super nerd. Scientists are not as bad as he is.

Yeah I did prefer the ending with Otacon hugging Snake on the snow mobile.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

The saddest part of MGS4 is when Otacon reveals he no longer watches anime.

You know he's lying just so Snake thinks he's cooler or less of a wierdo.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Otacon is a loser, but he's the best loser.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh great it has those touchpad things instead of analogue sticks.

That's just a prototype design, right? It looks like the WiiU's big ugly gamepad.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWKA6WKDMHA
Hello gamers. I. am a gamer and I've come to tell you about my brand new gaming rig of which I use to frag all the noobs.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

There is no bigger turn off to me than something proclaimed to be an "e-sport"

Dude don't mess with these guys they're super intimidating

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

precision posted:

papers please is still a PC exclusive :colbert:

also seriously what is the deal with the steam trading card market, why are people paying me 10 cents or more for them

People on Steam are weird.

I sold all my poo poo a while ago and got a game with it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wow that looks boring. Like at least with the pokemon one they were getting somewhere by this time.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hard Core PC Gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

The PC master race seems to always have the worst examples. :allears:

I miss the gamers.txt thread :smith:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

hubris.height posted:

i've been meaning to find a better storage solution for my games, if anyone has a good bookshelf or something i can get that will hold them well i'd appreciate the advice. i have filled up a couple of the small ones and half a large one

Turn an entire wall into a bookcase.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

I liked Ground Zeroes but I worry that the full game is going to have too many eyeroll characters and moments. Every time I get into a Metal Gear game I get some sudden reminder, like a character pissing himself or a loving vampire with no explanation, that it's the product of inferior Japanese developers who watch too many American direct to video movies.

Don't worry I'm sure MGSV will have all the goofy poo poo that you want in it. Just like all the other MGS games.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

But whhhyyy?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wow, what a goober.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So about €44.

I'm just gonna grind out the in-game coins for it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Blister posted:

you can't

Welp gently caress the other FOBs then.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

You need FOB's to expand the number of Combat Units you can send in single-player mode. These Combat Units are used to get resources and GMP to expand Mother Base.

That sucks. I'll make due with one then.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

scalebound looks like the worst platinum game ever

It can't be as bad as Korra.

Platinum's future lineup looks pretty meh so far.

"We literally couldn't think of anything else for the 100% reward!"

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

What happened with red ash other than they released a video that was literally "hey look, we have a movement system and that's about it because we're in pre-alpha" and people got angry because they don't know what a pre-alpha is?

I think it's cause he's cracking open another kickstarter for what's basically Mega Man Legends 3 and people are annoyed over how Mighty No 9 is turning out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

:qq: Guys Jimmy's being ignorant of my deep gaming culture.

• Locked thread