Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

There are plenty of people on tumblr who fit the term 'SJW' perfectly but yeah, it's one of those words that often gets used for "person I disagree with" on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Also, lmao at the thought of playing as a literal black thug as being 'politically correct'.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Please keep playing terrible early adventure games for our amusement.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

There is only MGS3.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I hope WoW dies a slow, painful death and I wish the same on all other MMORPGs.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Raiden is my waifu.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Koreans looked at Japanese fanservice and thought to themselves "we can do better than that."

I'm sure there's at least one crazy nationalist Korean out there who claims that Koreans invented fanservice 2000 years ago until the imperialist Japanese pigs stole it from them or something.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I knew it was a joke I was just making a general statement.

Same.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Why are you playing MMOs?

Never play MMOs.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Figures it would feature games with lovely storylines.

Except maybe The Witcher, haven't played that series.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Kojima likes tits. Hence why they exist in his games.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

In Training posted:

He's said repeatedly that Otacon is the character "most people who play the game identify with" so it makes sense that he's lonely and sad, like me.

lmao

Completely true.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Let me base this NPC on my beloved wife.

Oh, everyone hates her.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Why are mobas such garbage and why do people keep playing them despite everyone admitting that they're not having fun?

There is no bigger turn off to me than something proclaimed to be an "e-sport"

It's fun with friends, but none of my friends play Dota so...

Never, ever play MOBAs with strangers.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

MOBAs are bad, but MMORPGs are awful.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Twitch plays Dark Souls.

Three days in and they still haven't made it out of the tutorial zone.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

The PC master race seems to always have the worst examples. :allears:

I knew I was in for a treat when he started talking about 'yellow' people.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Lots of bad opinions itt.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

lmao at complaining about DX1's jank then praising SS2.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Also how can you not love the borderline racist accents in DX1.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

I liked playing deus ex.

An extremely controversial opinion indeed.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

What, just one single high quality graphic?

At least we get a full FPS system.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

NES games were usually programmed by like three people, only one of which had any idea what they were doing.

It didn't help that you had to program a new engine from scratch in assembly for every single game from what I've read, unless it was extremely similar to something you had done before.

The actual hardware was less complicated than what we have nowadays but still.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Daggerfall, for if current Bethesda games aren't janky enough for you.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I can't read that font.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

BPD stops violent plot during Pokemon Championship at Hynes Convention Center

lol

Funniest part is how much bigger the news would've been if they were muslims.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nerd A: <Thing> about <country X> is amazing! Why is <my country> so stupid... :sigh:

Nerd B: Are you kidding me? <Other thing> about <country X> is literally the worst thing on earth and they should all be shot. <Country X> :argh:

Remember kids, all other countries are cultural monoliths and only your own deserves nuanced views.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Doesn't Brazil have/used to have some sort of insane import tariff for consoles produced outside of Brazil, which is the reason why Sega was so huge over there cause it was the only company who produced some of their consoles there?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Make C++ bloatware that takes an hour to fully compile, problem solved.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Will you ever run out of lovely adventure games to play?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Is that a Sikh killing Muslims?

Interesting.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Angry Joe has good opinions but his gimmick gets annoying within 10 minutes.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Woah! Hajime got a little 'ethnic'.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

idgi

Did they propose during a Borderlands cosplay event or something?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Goon Social Interaction Simulator

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It sounds more like he's struggling to find a new purpose in life.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Yeah the thing about Notch money, even moreso than just having a couple million bucks or w/e, is that you can literally just make up a new purpose.

I used to do volunteer work at an elderly home and there's a lot of people there with similar issues of loneliness/depression as Notch for obvious reasons. Many would say they feel lonely even though they had daily visitors. Most of them were no longer capable of just going to someone else for social interaction like they used to when they were healthy. A lot of them had a purpose in life when they still had a job and/or had to take care of their kids, but now that that's gone they don't know what to do with all their time. The ones who didn't feel lonely were not necessarily the ones with the most visitors, but the ones who were still active. I still remember a man in his 80s learning how to use the computer for the first time in his life to e-mail some people he knew abroad. He was definitely one of the happiest people I met there. Obviously I'm not talking about people who have Alzheimer's, but you get the point.

What I'm saying is that a lot of people have problems with finding a new purpose in life even when they have all the tools in the world to do so.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Games targeting men feature scantily clad women, news at eleven.

Why do soap series have so many handsome men???

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

Women will generally spend hours in front of a mirror improving their looks so that they can attract the most successful men possible. They're purposely choosing to use their bodies to reward successful behavior in men.

They do this for one reason. They believe it's easier than actually becoming successful themselves. That's why you see lots of men going into difficult high paying majors and women taking easier lower paying ones. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's just the general decisions of each gender. Men know that if they want to become wealthy they need to earn it, while it's easier for women to simply marry into wealth. Again nothing wrong. If a women chooses to forgo fun in her youth to achieve a daunting degree like engineering that's great. And if a women chooses to party and have fun in college then marry an engineer that's fine too.

So I'm sorry to burst your victimhood bubble but there is no underlying male domination in society. Men are far more likely to be killed on the job. Far more likely to be attacked in public. Far more likely to have to earn their own wealth. Far more likely to kill themselves. Far more likely to be drafted into the next big war to be used as cannon fodder. Far more likely to lose custody of their children in similar circumstances to other women. Far more likely to serve harsher sentences for the same crime. Far more likely to work at any occupation in the show Dirty Jobs. Far more likely to be hit as children. Far more likely to work longer hours than even childless mothers. In short shut the actual gently caress up and stop calling me a bad person for having a pair of balls.

Thank you internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Nothing brings all the internet crazies out of the woodworks than a discussion about gender.

• Locked thread