Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

I haven't played any of the MGS games, but with everyone hailing MGSV as The Game To End All Games I've set myself to the task of playing every MGS title I have the hardware to play before August is over.

I've played a couple of hours of MGS1 and it's already the best PS1 game I've ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

MGS Megarun Update: MGS was solid gold from start to finish and actually controlled a lot better than I was expecting. The game was really designed around the limitations of the control scheme and felt consistent all the way through, and the whole story was glorious hammy double-crossing fun.

MGS2 is awful awful awful. The story is bad, the twists are bad, Raiden is bad, Rose is really bad. The Vamp fight was awful and now I have to deal with Jennifer Hale's most embarrassing role. I'm giving up and skipping on to MGS3 for some sweet soviet era action.

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

It really says a lot how everyone has an opinion on the MGS series. I'm glad I'm playing it. I'm just sick of Raiden having no opinions and big shell's obnoxious level design. And the illuminati thing was kind of poorly articulated. But the information control cyberpunk poo poo fills me with glee.

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

I'm really enjoying MGS3 in spite of the fact that I am bad at it and also the fact that Hideo Kojima is a pig. I wish EVA would zip up her jumpsuit but I'm placated by The Boss and Ocelot who are the two best characters in this entire series so far.

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

I finished MGS3.

Killing The Boss felt horrible, and now I'm sitting here imagining a version of the Big Boss arc where she was the player character instead of 60's-snake. (Yes, I know that could never have happened because of the first two Metal Gear games, let me have this fantasy.)

It also proves that Hideo Kojima can write women correctly, he simply chooses not to.

And now, because I don't have a PSP or a PS3 to play MGS4 or Peace Walker on, all I can do is wait for The Phantom Pain. On that note, take a moment to imagine The Boss with one eye, a wrinkled face, and a cyborg super arm, sitting in the back of a helicopter and listening to Love Will Tear Us Apart while watching the sunset over Mother Base.

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

I'm fine with most of them too. The foruth wall breaking, the anachronisms, the goofy recurring lines, Ocelot. But every game has that one love interest character and her writing, direction, and body language are always just so hypersexual and it skeezes me out pretty bad. I just sit there during each one of Those Scenes thinking "Literally no woman is like this outside of your imagination dude." I'm really hoping the fact that Snake is old as gently caress in MGS5 means there will be less of this.

e: the best gag in the whole game was looking in your facepaint screen and going "Why the hell do I have a Raiden mask? He hasn't even been born!" and then having a very specific reason for it later.

Cyberbird fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberbird
Jul 18, 2015

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

you've totally missed the point of eva

Every time I have even a small criticism of these games someone says something like this. Sorry I didn't enjoy the gleeful indulgence of straight boy fanservice? :confused:

• Locked thread