Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I need money so I can buy all these gosh dang games!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Why buy amiibos anyway, nendoroids are where its fuckin at

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DolphinCop posted:

full bore is a good game
It's a great game

Microsoft's gamescom press conference is tomorrow morning but I dont feel like making a thread, someone else do it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This past Saturday, the popular League of Legends-focused Twitch streamer Trick2g was putting on an elaborate 24-hour live event to commemorate the fact that he’d amassed 800,000 followers. He decided to end the stream with a bang: staging his own mock swatting. Come Monday morning, his account was banned.

cool guy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean? Did he get friends to bust into his room dressed like cops or something?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAHN1g2MA_8&t=180s

thats what it looks like, from what i can see in the extremely tiny space in which there is actual video content

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm going to sleep but EA is doing their German E3 press conference in 40 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKBHA2_j5H8

A second chance to be disappointed by mirrors edge 2 and battlefront

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

LETS TURN THIS PRESS CONFERENCE INTO A PARTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKBHA2_j5H8&t=1533s

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Call of Duty is doing a press conference now. A GLOBAL E-SPORTS conference

http://www.twitch.tv/callofduty

e: there are announcers in loving suits

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ahaha they're "drafting" players

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

zenintrude posted:

Get a load of this loving nerd

Finally, mainstream evidence for cancelling Oculus Rift

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

palmer you're walking right into the ocean

SHUT UP MOM I'M ON A DATE WITH NEP-NEP

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

star citizen has a gamescom presentation for some reason in 90 minutes

http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

still not a game yet though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sweet windjammers shirt

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Great Joe posted:

why the gently caress are people talking about the worst game in here :wtc:
no one's talking about Dark Souls

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Accordion Man posted:

Its kind of weird they have those jokes considering Nier, DP, and Persona 4 either have trans and intersex characters that are portrayed as actual characters or have fighting against cultural gender roles as as a recurring theme.
I'm playing Catherine and the cast is practically shouting "MAN" at erica the whole time

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

She's a good character but the other characters all tug their collars endlessly going "HMMM WHAT TO SAY" and then at one point at the bar vincent says "i'd appreciate this advice if it came from an actual woman" to her

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's not subtle in the slightest, no

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, we are agreeing together

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Finished Catherine, it was a good ride. I don't really get the context of the stabby dream and subsequent nightmare it didn't really seem to fit the game's overall explanation. I guess they just needed to crazy it up to make the player that much more interested in the game's core plot twist.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

demon rush

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The last we heard of SNK Playmore, they had been acquired by Chinese company Leyou Millenium. This left fans wondering what the future of the company's fighting game IPs held.

"Our company is a Pachinko Slot maker, but we're also video game developers. We'd like to work hard to make video game fans into Pachinko Slot fans."

rip

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wonder if PC will get lightning returns or FF12 HD first

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

precision posted:

is the PC port of The Last Remnant worth tenbux? I never played it before
The Last Remnant is really cool once you understand the combat system and levelling/BattleRank mechanics, especially because there's a turbo setting to speed combat up by like 10x. Basically all games should have this feature but only Last Remnant and Hexyz Force have it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Zombies' Downfall posted:

did they actually announce ff12 yet?
Not officially but the composer announced he is doing music for it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Phil Fish?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah totally man lawyer up

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I dont have a half hour to watch this but cool fine

i'm more amused by how gamers cant handle basic 101 stuff so I cant wait to see the reaction

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

Sorry, not this time Anita, this would be the one I ask for a free pass. Blame it on my upbringing in a traditional lower-income Mexican family, but I need some babes showing up at the end of some games. Give them detailed personalities and backgrounds, but they still need to show up in a sexy costume (bikini at least).
at LEAST

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSxYUZrwlvk

use the force luke

*limit breaks*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ekster posted:

Why do soap series have so many handsome men???
Women will generally spend hours in front of a mirror improving their looks so that they can attract the most successful men possible. They're purposely choosing to use their bodies to reward successful behavior in men.

They do this for one reason. They believe it's easier than actually becoming successful themselves. That's why you see lots of men going into difficult high paying majors and women taking easier lower paying ones. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's just the general decisions of each gender. Men know that if they want to become wealthy they need to earn it, while it's easier for women to simply marry into wealth. Again nothing wrong. If a women chooses to forgo fun in her youth to achieve a daunting degree like engineering that's great. And if a women chooses to party and have fun in college then marry an engineer that's fine too.

So I'm sorry to burst your victimhood bubble but there is no underlying male domination in society. Men are far more likely to be killed on the job. Far more likely to be attacked in public. Far more likely to have to earn their own wealth. Far more likely to kill themselves. Far more likely to be drafted into the next big war to be used as cannon fodder. Far more likely to lose custody of their children in similar circumstances to other women. Far more likely to serve harsher sentences for the same crime. Far more likely to work at any occupation in the show Dirty Jobs. Far more likely to be hit as children. Far more likely to work longer hours than even childless mothers. In short shut the actual gently caress up and stop calling me a bad person for having a pair of balls.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Recore could be good but on the other hand it has Keiji Inafune's name on it so

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I mean red ash was a complete disaster so I'm not like super down with the guy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Heavy Lobster posted:

What happened with red ash other than they released a video that was literally "hey look, we have a movement system and that's about it because we're in pre-alpha" and people got angry because they don't know what a pre-alpha is?
They launched not one but two kickstarters while Mighty No 9 was not only not released but about to be delayed to 2016, they wanted to make red ash some cross media bullshit but who would want to invest in an anime for knockoff characters they've never heard of? Then when red ash was about to fail they put out a 'playable' alpha that looked like a college student's first project in Unity. Suddenly they said "oh we have a publisher!!" which was this shady looking Chinese website with OUYA knockoff hardware, so you shut the kickstarter down right? No they kept the Kickstarter running saying "all the money goes to stretch goals!" What stretch goals? "you'll find out later!" There was like a fuckin week left

It was a total joke

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I just want one big game designer to come to kickstarter and not do "I'm going to make more of the one game I'm known best for rather than come up with a loving original idea"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Which I liked but even that is "hey guys we're gonna make an old school point and click adventure game!" Considering Double Fine has made so many other types of games, they went to kickstarter for the nostalgia hook like every other developer

At least they did Massive Chalice in the second go around although that didn't get received super well

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That wasn't kickstarted it was early access

Adam Bowen posted:

I can't even imagine how lovely every form of media would be if creators had the attitude that only "original ideas" are worth pursuing.
If Miyamoto only did Mario games we'd never have gotten Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, or Pikmin

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

But do you think every designer is Miyamoto? You don't just sit down and decide to make something original and then a new idea pops out, you learn as much as you can about your craft and you actually create things and then maybe one day you have a good idea and run with it and it turns out to actually work and that's awesome. Or it turns out to be stupid as poo poo and you try again.
Ideas aren't good or bad they're just ideas. If you have the skills to execute those ideas you should do em. Have you never seen a game jam?? A ludum dare? I'm not talking about strange fantastical stuff here, people doodle out ideas all the time, good or bad

e: we mentioned doublefine before and half their games come out of their Amnesia Fortnight game jams, I'm sad they're not doing one this year

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

Sure, but there's no shame in sticking to an established idea if it's what you're good at and if people still want more of it. If every novelist in history had just decided to quit after their first novel so they could do "something new" then the world would be a shittier place without some of the great works they created later on.
I'll agree with you although Inafune was there at capcom when like. Megaman X5 happened, and Megaman ZX

It may not be best for everyone but I would still like to see some established creators try something new via kickstarter

• Locked thread