Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
august games chat: for 40 days and 40 nights we wandered, gameless, through the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i want to go back and play valkyrie profile 2 again

that game is good

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

No Such Thing posted:

Actually, play what you want and enjoy it.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I know no one is trying to slaughter Deus Ex 2, The Invisible War, in this thread. However, I really feel like it needs to be said that if that game had come out with some of the cybernetic mechanics changed and in a different, or new franchise, it would be held in much higher regard today.

Kidney Thieves: The Night Club

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Fighting the Knights Templar through the streets of gay Paris while using my stealth cybernetics will always trump any complaints.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

Dude, Deus Ex 2 is an awful game no matter what franchise it was associated with. The game exe closes and relaunches at every load screen. It's a barely functional mess, lol.

Oh yeah, the game was programmed with a number of startling problems. Outside of technical issues, though... As story, setting, and interesting things happening goes, it was good. I enjoyed the entire section in Egypt and the rich tower and poor streets.

I'm willing to grant that rose tinted glasses are part of my opinion on it, because recently trying to play it on windows 7 was a loving nightmare.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Colonel posted:

DKC2 a good game

yeah. its pretty good. as a child, i used to play dkc2 a lot with my sister.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
rare really started to suck a lot towards the end, though

i wonder why so much of the snes / n64 rare stuff was so good but then perfect dark zero happened

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

The only ones I know are the N64 games and they were always bad

you didn't like og perfect dark or goldeneye? i'll grant that today they're garbage, but at the time there wasn't anything on the consoles for 4 player mayhem with your friends.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the taint reaps again

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

The Colonel posted:

Diddy Kong Racing, is better than Mario Kart 64.

diddy kong racing is really difficult, i remember getting really frustrated with the difficulty.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
haha, yeah. avatars.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sakurazuka posted:

I sold my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles and bought a digital copy of Xenoblade Chronicles with the money.

this would be a good idea, but its hard to trust nintendo's current account system. if my wii u dies, i don't want to lose my game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i've been meaning to find a better storage solution for my games, if anyone has a good bookshelf or something i can get that will hold them well i'd appreciate the advice. i have filled up a couple of the small ones and half a large one

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sakurazuka posted:

My storage solution is throwing them all over the floor like a filthy animal.

positive side: you can roll in it, like scrooge mcduck, a famous animal

The Taint Reaper posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-6313...antic+DVD+shelf

I have one of these and my game collection is in the thousands.

thanks, this looks really good

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i didn't like lightning returns at first. corn in the bible said, its really good, keep at it. they were right, and lightning returns rules.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Last night in the Witcher, Geralt discussed wihhis ex that he was nailing her friend for a year, when he had amnesia. He used this as an excuse and got teleported over a lake to fall a long distance. This was followed by a long night of drinking and cards with his friends. Witcher 3 owns.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what games does house play on his psp?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
よび

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Games chat is an attempt to destabilize the forums

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Silent Hill pachinko

I really feel like Until Dawn is the closest to Silent Hills we will ever see. It does a better job of being spooky than either Downpour or Homecoming. It doesn't delve into Satan land like a classic Silent Hill, but I can pretend the mines are Silent Hill.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

corn in the bible posted:

its still bullshit

yeah, its the kind of f2p and p2w tactics that get ripped apart for other games when they are included, even when they are entirely optional. it gets a pass because obviously mgs is a franchise with a lot of good will going for it, but it is certainly still bull poo poo

e: its ok when kojima does it

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Real hurthling! posted:

its likely a condition kojima agreed to in exchange for getting the extra year of dev time rather than something that he wanted in the game from the start.

in the draft version of my post i had "its ok when konami does it". i realized that nothing konami ever does is ok, and edited in something that might get a reply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
You're a real spoony borg, Jensen.

• Locked thread