Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the world ends with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the goddamn big three you clown.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

What's the goddamn big three you clown.
Tecmo Secret of the Stars
Guardian's Crusade
Quest 64

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Tecmo Secret of the Stars
Guardian's Crusade
Quest 64

Thank you

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

who's excited for Bravely Second

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*raises paw*

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
my favorite jrpg is labyrinth of touhou

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry this is the big three but here's a good place to mention that FFXII just had a HD remaster announced a-la FFXHD. It's the only FF I haven't played

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

In Training posted:

Sorry this is the big three but here's a good place to mention that FFXII just had a HD remaster announced a-la FFXHD. It's the only FF I haven't played

very cool. yet another reason to get a ps4

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Soral posted:

the big 3 is my dick and balls. topic locked

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

i played a bit of it a long time ago and didn't liek it but i always wanted to give it another shot. i hope they HD the international version so i don't have to worry about opening the wrong chest and making the ultimate weapons unobtainable. loving stupid.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

It would be cool if they got Matsuno back to actually finish the game like he intended to because even the International Version felt incomplete.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i played a bit of it a long time ago and didn't liek it but i always wanted to give it another shot. i hope they HD the international version so i don't have to worry about opening the wrong chest and making the ultimate weapons unobtainable. loving stupid.

Did they really fix that in the International version?

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee

In Training posted:

Has it been officially announced by Square Enix though?

I'm still thinking that composer guy who "announced" it got XII and VII mixed up somehow.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Skeezy posted:

Did they really fix that in the International version?

i'm not sure actually, i would hope so

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's the video if anyone wants to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMGTCxb6rAc

CrookedB posted:

Has it been officially announced by Square Enix though?

I'm still thinking that composer guy who "announced" it got XII and VII mixed up somehow.

Some guy got to Hitoshi Sakimoto after the announcement and asked him about it. Take what you want out of the response I guess, but the composer dude did point out XII's composer after announcing the remake/remaster thing.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

What's the third of the Big 3, the Tales series?

breath of fire.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Synonamess Botch posted:

the dreamcast had some pretty good jrpgs that i never hear about anymore, like skies of arcadia, or evolution. the butler named Gre Nade is still one of the funniest things i've seen in a game.

skies of arcadia on dc had an insane eencounter rate that made me quit and then the gc version came out and it was a little better but not much

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the first game was trash

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i remember dans (pbuh) posting aboout this in the 10 year old final fantasy/anime thread in fyad.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

grandia 1 was cool. grandia 2 was ok but you had to fight the same palette swapped bugs for like 50 hours. thanks. i don't remember why they're cool.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

mysterious loyall X posted:

grandia 1 was cool. grandia 2 was ok but you had to fight the same palette swapped bugs for like 50 hours. thanks. i don't remember why they're cool.

the voice acting.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the first game was trash

What the.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the first game was trash

'Twasn't

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
the Baten Kaitos series on the gamecube has a really cool battle mechanic IMO, but has some of the worst VA I've ever seen.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SeXReX posted:

the Baten Kaitos series on the gamecube has a really cool battle mechanic IMO, but has some of the worst VA I've ever seen.

you can't see voice acting, fucknuts.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah!

the first game was trash

The second supposed to fix the biggest gently caress up they made in the first one which by (bravely) default makes it good

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Yinlock posted:

hello only other person in the world who actually played evolution, we meet at last

I played the first and second games!

Also it's a loving crime that Skies of Arcadia hasn't got a sequel or even just a spiritual successor.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Kazvall posted:

gently caress yeah op

original or remake?

original, i bought it for like 25 cents or 99 cents during a psn sale

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

i want to play shadow hearts but i dont want to buy a ps2

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah!

The second supposed to fix the biggest gently caress up they made in the first one which by (bravely) default makes it good

The gently caress up being what

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Skeezy posted:

The gently caress up being what

im pretty sure what he's talking about is a big spoiler, but ive only heard about it and havent played the game so IDK

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

skies of arcadia on dc had an insane eencounter rate that made me quit and then the gc version came out and it was a little better but not much

I remember in the Gamecube version that the first boss would go from tutorial mode to incredibly difficult if you never got a level up from random encounters in that first ship you board.

So I mean, apparently they lowered the encounter rate enough so that you could miss the levels that they balanced the tutorial boss against.

Concordat fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 3, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

rediscover posted:

im pretty sure what he's talking about is a big spoiler, but ive only heard about it and havent played the game so IDK

oh it's the stuff during the ending parts okay i think i know what it is.

lol yeah it's stupid

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i greatly love wild arms 1. i wish the remake was better. whistling over grave

Dec 26, 2012

i really wanted to like it a whole bunch, but, i didnt

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i would like to replay skies of arcadia.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to play Valkyrie Profile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
other games i would like to replay: xenosaga and the dot.hack series

• Locked thread