Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I want to play Valkyrie Profile

get the psp version, i got my copy for like 15 bucks and it's a good port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

it hink i might take a break between mgs1 and mgs2 to play some more lightning returns, it's so good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fungah! posted:

it hink i might take a break between mgs1 and mgs2 to play some more lightning returns, it's so good

wehere the gently caress is the pc version ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

wehere the gently caress is the pc version ahhhhhhhhhhhh

it's real hosed up that type 0 got a pc release before lr because it's like .1% as good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I want to play Valkyrie Profile

thats a good rear end game right there. its very unique

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

thats a good rear end game right there. its very unique

the character quests are a neat mechanic. some of them are extremely bleak

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Sorry this is the big three but here's a good place to mention that FFXII just had a HD remaster announced a-la FFXHD. It's the only FF I haven't played

its my least favourite one. except for 10

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
whatever happened to suikoden/grandia/shadowhearts/breath of fire? the ps2 seems to be the great graveyard of jrpgs

i can't believe they are making another star ocean, the series somehow escaped the landfill

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

stoutfish posted:

whatever happened to suikoden/grandia/shadowhearts/breath of fire? the ps2 seems to be the great graveyard of jrpgs

i can't believe they are making another star ocean, the series somehow escaped the landfill

the ps2 was the designated RPG console of its time, so its where almost all of them went whether they were successful or failed

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

its my least favourite one. except for 10
Give it another chance, it's my third-favorite behind 9 and 6.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

FactsAreUseless posted:

ya. it's a flawed game but ultimately still really good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

X-2 is the most based after 7.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

contact is a cool ds game give it a shot

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

01011001 posted:

i really wanted to like it a whole bunch, but, i didnt

Second you mean? How come

Skeezy posted:

The gently caress up being what

It's technically a spoiler but anyone considering Bravely Default should know because it's really a big fuckup

At some point during the game you jump into a parallel universe and to escape you have to fight 4 bosses that are tougher versions of early ones (Ch 5)
Doing this puts you into another parallel universe where you have to fight the same 4 bosses (Ch 6)
Doing this puts you into ANOTHER parallel universe where you have to fight the same 4 bosses (Ch 7)
Doing this puts you into ANOTHER ANOTHER parallel universe and you figure out how to break the cycle(Ch8)

They could've skipped 2 of the chapters and got the point across

Also worth mentioning that you can actually "quit" at any point and get an ending but it's the bad ending

It's really clear that they ran out of time/money/whatever

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

starbarry clock posted:

contact is a cool ds game give it a shot

Contact was extremely cool as a thing and also not that great as a game
It was really grindy for some reason. Like, go hit 100 things with a sword to get a new sword skill grindy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

i dont like random chest loot , i dont like giant empty flat areas , i dont like the fighting style, i dont like the adventurefeel. i fidn the whole thing altogether objectionable, except for frans boobys and rear end, which are so very good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've seen video and it looks a lot like Xenoblade to me, but uglier, and I didn't really like Xenoblade except for its environments

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

I didn't really like Xenoblade except for its environments

:stare:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I've seen video and it looks a lot like Xenoblade to me, but uglier, and I didn't really like Xenoblade except for its environments

not even the music!?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Skeezy posted:

Did they really fix that in the International version?

all chests now respawn if you get two screens away

Dec 26, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Second you mean? How come

It's technically a spoiler but anyone considering Bravely Default should know because it's really a big fuckup

At some point during the game you jump into a parallel universe and to escape you have to fight 4 bosses that are tougher versions of early ones (Ch 5)
Doing this puts you into another parallel universe where you have to fight the same 4 bosses (Ch 6)
Doing this puts you into ANOTHER parallel universe where you have to fight the same 4 bosses (Ch 7)
Doing this puts you into ANOTHER ANOTHER parallel universe and you figure out how to break the cycle(Ch8)

They could've skipped 2 of the chapters and got the point across

Also worth mentioning that you can actually "quit" at any point and get an ending but it's the bad ending

It's really clear that they ran out of time/money/whatever

as in i didn't really like bravely default. I haven't played second obv

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

If I'm going to buy one Pokemon game out of X/Y and OR/AS which should it be.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't play ORAS but I heard XY was better. I liked XY a lot.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

XY is good especially when you have someone to battle with a lot so you're both developing teams to beat each other. me and my friend did that for like 200 hours before she got tired of losing to my broken rear end priority brave bird talonflame.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scrub could just use a wobbuffett or a tyranitar

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I didn't play ORAS but I heard XY was better. I liked XY a lot.
Which one of X/Y should I get? I know the differences are probably pretty minor but I guess each one has it's own legendary? I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue honestly.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Pablo Gigante posted:

Which one of X/Y should I get? I know the differences are probably pretty minor but I guess each one has it's own legendary? I haven't played a Pokemon game since Red/Blue honestly.

i was going to link you pokemon exclusives but you should just pick one imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

X = blue
Y = red , if that helps you decide

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i'd like to replay x/y, it does something very unique by giving you a massive pool of pokemon to catch before the second gym. pretty easy to get a bunch of pokemon you think are cool.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got Blue in the most epic Christmas of 1998 where I also got a Game Boy Color, a Playstation and Final Fantasy VII. So I will pick X. Thank you everyone.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
x/y also does a good job of hitting you with a nostalgia bomb so i guess it is the game to play for a returning player

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Which game was better: blue or red. Personally I think it's the one I had and was able to play.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Which game was better: blue or red. Personally I think it's the one I had and was able to play.
I agree.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i got y and then later nintendo gave me x for free

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I traded in the curbside copy of Platinum I found and it covered all but $5 of the cost of X :stare:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

i got red first, and i liked it so much i saved up my money and bought blue.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lesbian baphomet posted:

the ps2 was the designated RPG console of its time, so its where almost all of them went whether they were successful or failed

It was the silver age of JRPGs.

I should dig out the games I got from the pawn shop a couple years ago, finally get through my PS2 backlog.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

I traded in the curbside copy of Platinum I found and it covered all but $5 of the cost of X :stare:

Pokemon games never ever go down in price. Heart gold is forty dollars dollars used

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I had blue as a kid, but Red is better because you could get a mankey before going through Mt. Moon. Blue had less access to that kind of type variety so early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Unguided posted:

It was the silver age of JRPGs.

I should dig out the games I got from the pawn shop a couple years ago, finally get through my PS2 backlog.

what was the golden age of rpgs if not the ps2 era

• Locked thread