Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is fuxked up to admit but I've only beaten one ace attorney game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that's a protip, thanks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

What in the Samhain?!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

elf help book posted:

on 3ds eshop there a trilogy title which has all three original main games and those are also best ones so get that

The trilogy is also on the AppStore if you want to go that way.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

god drat...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DrManiac posted:

The trilogy is also on the AppStore if you want to go that way.

gently caress you!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

gently caress you!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fargield posted:

The girls in those games suck comapred to harvest moon

not my wife carmen from rf3 :henget:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Fargield posted:

The girls in those games suck comapred to harvest moon

I havent played Harvest Moon in ages but Margaret in Rue Factory 4 is a S+ tier waifu.

I finally started playing The Last Story yesterday. It is a good and fun game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Question about Nier: is there any reason to do all the side quests? If I don't, will I get locked out of an ending? Because there are 100 of them and they are all kinda lame and so far have only given me money (done a little over 25 I think).

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
when i was little my cousin and i thought we were smart as hell by getting a stack of cd-r discs for monster rancher :eng99:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Question about Nier: is there any reason to do all the side quests? If I don't, will I get locked out of an ending? Because there are 100 of them and they are all kinda lame and so far have only given me money (done a little over 25 I think).

four of them give weapons and you need all the weapons for endings c and d.

Disturbing the Sleep of Kings - labryinths song
The Damaged Map - labryinths shout
The Magical Stone - iron pipe
A Bridge in Peril - labyrinths whisper.

if it's not aon that list don't bother if you're not feeling it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im not gonna play nier could someone explain why an ending would require owning all weapons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

four of them give weapons and you need all the weapons for endings c and d.

Disturbing the Sleep of Kings - labryinths song
The Damaged Map - labryinths shout
The Magical Stone - iron pipe
A Bridge in Peril - labyrinths whisper.

if it's not aon that list don't bother if you're not feeling it

I probably only have time for ending B before MGSV comes out, so I may try to just power through the story. Thanks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I probably only have time for ending B before MGSV comes out, so I may try to just power through the story. Thanks

it's been a while but i thnik after you get ending B the only story changes are the endings anyway, you coan probably just youtube them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

im not gonna play nier could someone explain why an ending would require owning all weapons

i don't know.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

this is horseshit

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i don't know

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk either.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

elf help book posted:

there's no story reason, it's just a holdover from Drakengard, where you had to get all 65 weapons in order to get the final ending
The standard video game thing of you have to get enough collectables for the true ending, but here the collectables are weapons

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

In Training posted:

There is no reward to doing all the sidequests, although some of the sidequests have fun story stuff, like the one where you get the two sisters to sing or all of the quests involving the Lighthouse lady. There's also one that you get in the mansion that's pretty cool

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

there is no actual reason why this is the case

Dec 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

it's been a while but i thnik after you get ending B the only story changes are the endings anyway, you coan probably just youtube them

this is true but it takes like an hour to power through the second half of the game if you know where to go and skip dialog so whatever just do it

ending d is way cooler to play through anyway

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
A friend just gave me his Strange Journey cartridge. I think I'm going to play it. Hopefully it's good, and not bad.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
People talking about Monster Rancher reminded me that Song Summoner existed. The wikipedia article for it is very good.

quote:

[Ziggy] rescues a robot deserter, which he names Z.E.R.O., due to the large number of zeros in its name.

Z.E.R.O.'s faceplate shatters and it is revealed that he is really Zero, Ziggy's lost brother.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

A friend just gave me his Strange Journey cartridge. I think I'm going to play it. Hopefully it's good, and not bad.

good luck goon

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

PleasingFungus posted:

People talking about Monster Rancher reminded me that Song Summoner existed. The wikipedia article for it is very good.

if you had told me that wiki entry was xenosaga 2 id have believed you entirely

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

lol

Dec 26, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

No one saw Biggie Smalls and the Notorious B.I.G. on the same room.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

PleasingFungus posted:

Lol

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PleasingFungus posted:

lmao

But SE made loads of money on mobile and will continue to anyway, I paid money for FF5 on my phone ;/

hubris.height posted:

i should try to phoenix wright games, i hear about them all the time. is there a specific one that should be played as a test, or just in release order?

Play the first one, the others all sort of assume you did. The first trilogy is the best anyway imo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

But SE made loads of money on mobile and will continue to anyway, I paid money for FF5 on my phone ;/

gently caress you!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

gently caress you!

I did too, but I stopped playing after a few hours because I couldn't stand the controls

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ff5 mobile's so bad, they fixed a bunch of bugs from the original release but that removed a bunch of the cool mechanical tricks you can pull and kneecapped challenge runs. also it looks real bad and the controls are garbage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god the iOS FF games look like pure rear end. How did they gently caress that up so bad

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh my god the iOS FF games look like pure rear end. How did they gently caress that up so bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gross...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
flash is good gamemaker is bad

• Locked thread