Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
But Gamemaker gave us Barkley and Hotline Miami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
cboyardee is never going to finish barkley 2 and that loving sucks

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Game Maker has become extremely good.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

NickRoweFillea posted:

cboyardee is never going to finish barkley 2 and that loving sucks

mighty number 9 and starbound came out before barkley 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

cboyardee is my friend & i will absolutely whoop your asses.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

stoutfish posted:

mighty number 9 and starbound came out before barkley 2

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

starbarry clock posted:

flash is good gamemaker is bad

the opposite is true

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

cboyardee is my friend & i will absolutely whoop your asses.

me2

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

It can't happen, nobody owns CDs anymore.

I'm the guy who still owns CDs for some reason

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

i still have a shitload at my parents' house from like 10 years ago

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

01011001 posted:

i still have a shitload at my parents' house from like 10 years ago

no i have them from albums that released in the past two or three years

Dec 26, 2012

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think the last CD I bought was The Brutalist Bricks by Ted Leo and that came out like 5 years ago. I still have a bunch in a box somewhere

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

Me too. i just bought one last week

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

rediscover posted:

the opposite is true

ill kill you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

no i have them from albums that released in the past two or three years

sharrrk posted:

Me too. i just bought one last week

Zuh?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i bring cash to shows and then dont spend it all on beer by the time its done, i think is how it happens

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

someday i'll finish smt iv and etrian iv. well, i probalby won't actually,

U should finish smt iv .. the bosses near the end r super cool adn have anti cheese strategies built into them and stuff

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

beelzebub was harhs as gently caress, i still haven't actually beaten that fight lol. i ended up just beating the game instead

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fungah! posted:

beelzebub was harhs as gently caress, i still haven't actually beaten that fight lol. i ended up just beating the game instead

U might have been making it harder by equipping null skills and using almighty attacks on it . it wont let you do that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i found this out vs. azazel i think .. i was using almighty spells on it and it started using megadolian on me every single turn until i died. wheras if u fight it normally he just acts normally

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
mega doge on

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lesbian baphomet posted:

i bring cash to shows and then dont spend it all on beer by the time its done, i think is how it happens

i buy tshirts.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

U might have been making it harder by equipping null skills and using almighty attacks on it . it wont let you do that

hmm mauybe. it's been a while so i don't remember what my team comp was + and it was on my friend's cart. i think it was the fly gimmick that was loving me up, my demons didn't have a good way to deal with it so i kept getting murdered b y them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

mega doge on

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

i found this out vs. azazel i think .. i was using almighty spells on it and it started using megadolian on me every single turn until i died. wheras if u fight it normally he just acts normally

i think elizabeth and margaret do this as well, in their respective persona games, as well as the thing if u use null sillss,

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh yea... but they just straight up murk u. in smt iv you can still beat the bosses when they do that , its just like 3x harder. it pwns ppl who try to cheese the game cos they think the bosses are supposed to be that hard and cos theyre noobs theyll just keep tryign to beat it like that over and over without changing their strategy until they freak out and QQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's cool how people own themselves by complaining about grinding in SMT games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

id o it sometimes when like my guy's one level away from being able to fuse a really cool demon or if one of my demons is about to get a useful skill or something but otherwise yeah, poo poo's dumb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

id o it sometimes when like my guy's one level away from being able to fuse a really cool demon or if one of my demons is about to get a useful skill or something but otherwise yeah, poo poo's dumb

that's different than people who go through all of persona without fusing a single demon and complain about grinding.

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

it really is

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you didn't need to grind much in smt 3 and certainly not in the persona games.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the matador fight in smt3 is tuff roadblock but it's not so much grinding that's required as it is dicking around until you get the right demons team with the proper resistances and buffs/debufs, iirc. IIRC>

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

the matador fight in smt3 is tuff roadblock but it's not so much grinding that's required as it is dicking around until you get the right demons team with the proper resistances and buffs/debufs, iirc. IIRC>

urc

Dec 26, 2012

yep

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

ya matador is mostly around to teach ppl that buffs and debuffs are actually insanely important because of how they aren't in most other JRPGS. or to make sure that you've got a seriously strong offense/defense if you arent using them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yah. most of what's hard about that fight's that the demons in the level range you fight him at are weak wind and there aren't many that res wind so he just beats the poo poo out of you. as long as you can deal with that and red capote and survive andalusia you're fine

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

uzume makes the matador fight a cakewalk

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I was really surprised when ppl told me that Daisoujou has all of the instant-kills in his boss battle because he never even tried to use them against me. he just kept using that hp/mp drain or whatever and its an insanely easy fight when he does that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

he used mamadoon on me a couple times but they never hit thanks to fog breath

• Locked thread