Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pron on VHS posted:

you loving oval office........ Labhart was the emotional focus of the episode. You loving clammy rear end in a top hat. why can't you see that???? HE GAVE THE TEAM SOME GOOD PLAYS

I am 100% serious when I say that Labhart himself gives less of a poo poo about being cut than bhsman does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Azhais posted:

That's a weird way of spelling Charles James

No, they're gonna save him for next week. :devil:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
That time-lapse Cushing segment reminded me of something out of a movie. I was half expecting at some point he stops somewhere, does some blow in a bathroom, lifts for a bit, then throws up again in (slow motion this time).

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

at least one. At least! It's so many that I can barely count it! Aaaaaaaattttt leeeeeeeeaassssssssttt one PM specifically about CRAZY. And his opinions. At least one PM. Maybe more?! WHO KNOWS?!?! but there is AT LEAST one PM specifically regarding this discussion topic. That's right, at least one TFF poster has taken the time to write BHSMAN, personally, to commiserate. At least. He's still scrolling through that private message. When he's done he will find out how many more have come forward, but for now at least one has. PMs are >/=1. At least.

How did I miss this in not only his post but your response Hahahaha

TFF is honestly a laugh track right now. I can't stop laughing at several threads. Thank you all.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

How did I miss this in not only his post but your response Hahahaha

TFF is honestly a laugh track right now. I can't stop laughing at several threads. Thank you all.

Calm down?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chichevache posted:

at least one. At least! It's so many that I can barely count it! Aaaaaaaattttt leeeeeeeeaassssssssttt one PM specifically about CRAZY. And his opinions. At least one PM. Maybe more?! WHO KNOWS?!?! but there is AT LEAST one PM specifically regarding this discussion topic. That's right, at least one TFF poster has taken the time to write BHSMAN, personally, to commiserate. At least. He's still scrolling through that private message. When he's done he will find out how many more have come forward, but for now at least one has. PMs are >/=1. At least.

This is the best post I've ever seen you make

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Charles James has been one of my favorite guys they've ever focused on in this show. Love his attitude and seems like he can make some plays

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeesh, I avoid the forums until lunch and this is what happens.

All of you settle down

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Charles James has been one of my favorite guys they've ever focused on in this show. Love his attitude and seems like he can make some plays

I have really really come around on CJ and I hope he makes the 53 man

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
[

But back to the Texans who will actually see a roster spot -

If that bad rear end James dude makes the team is it strict utility or is he actually making an argument as a corner?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 3, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He will literally never see the field as a corner unless someone gets hurt or it's garbage time. He'll strictly be special teams

There are at least five CBs ahead of him on the roster

e: Right now the CB pecking order is Joseph -> Jackson -> Johnson -> Bouye -> Morris -> either CJ or Jumal Rolle

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 3, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Intruder posted:

He will literally never see the field as a corner unless someone gets hurt or it's garbage time. He'll strictly be special teams

There are at least five CBs ahead of him on the roster

He's clearly the best healthy RB on the roster

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
They usually show more of the borderline guys putting in the time on special teams. I'm sure they are but maybe Bob Ligashesky isn't good on camera.

I'd guess both EZ and CJ make it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Labhart seems like a mega chill dude and I would totally drink some beers with him and talk football and I'm happy he has a nice house and a pretty wife.

Thats my hot take.

Also:

- Of course Brian Cushing drives a Camaro. Of course.

- Wilfork is a cartoon character and I love him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't think EZ makes it, the team can't trust a liar

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Can he catch? I just love how they are running him through the absolute ringer, making him play iron man football - and he just does it with a huge smile

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do you mean catch as a WR, or like to receive punts and kickoffs? I feel like if he could do either of the latter they'd have shown it on the show by now, as for playign WR there's no way in hell he could crack that, even moreso than CB. Too many WR options right now. Hell, five of the spots are already set in stone and you have like 6 guys fighting for the last spot that may not even exist if they decide to just roll with 5 WRs

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

But back to the Texans who will actually see a roster spot -

If that bad rear end James dude makes the team is it strict utility or is he actually making an argument as a corner?

Corner in name (and depth) only; granted, he's making a really good argument to stick around but he would be the 7th or so on the team.

Athanatos posted:

They usually show more of the borderline guys putting in the time on special teams. I'm sure they are but maybe Bob Ligashesky isn't good on camera.

I'd guess both EZ and CJ make it.

Intruder and I talked about this a few pages back, but it basically comes down to whether the Texans want to split DB/WRs 7-to-5 or evenly at 6-6, and even if they kept six wideouts they're more likely to go with Nuk, Shorts, Washington (who is basically what EZ wants to be - a deep threat who actually catches passes), Strong, Mumphery, and Chandler Worthy (he had that speedy touchdown late against the Saints and can return punts), with guys like EZ and Keyshawn Martin being the odd men out.

tl;dr - At this point it seems like either James OR Nwachukwu (EZ) make the team, but not both, and while I like James's chances he's not guaranteed a spot either. The Texans play the Cowboys tonight if you guys want to catch a stream, as both of those players will likely be getting a lot of time to prove themselves.

EDIT: I should mention that EZ owns and I don't want to see him leave, but them's the breaks. :shrug:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 3, 2015

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Keshawn is without a doubt gone IMO

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Keshawn is without a doubt gone IMO

At this point I won't believe it until John McClain's fat fingers type out the tweet.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Do you mean catch as a WR, or like to receive punts and kickoffs? I feel like if he could do either of the latter they'd have shown it on the show by now, as for playign WR there's no way in hell he could crack that, even moreso than CB. Too many WR options right now. Hell, five of the spots are already set in stone and you have like 6 guys fighting for the last spot that may not even exist if they decide to just roll with 5 WRs

Just curious if he has third down back ability. There's no chance he's a running back type blocker.

I dunno, I'm really pulling for him. His charisma is off the charts.

I'm officially about to watch a Texans preseason game (when miamis on commercial) via stream to watch a 4th string RB/CB play holy god I have issues

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

CJ on camera knows that being a successful ufda is hard as gently caress. Labhart just wanted to chill around a NFL camp and heck, I do too

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'm officially about to watch a Texans preseason game (when miamis on commercial) via stream to watch a 4th string RB/CB play holy god I have issues

There's a thin line between hate and love. :love:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Just curious if he has third down back ability. There's no chance he's a running back type blocker.

I dunno, I'm really pulling for him. His charisma is off the charts.

Everything about CJ so far to me screams "Guy they make you like and then you get heartbroken when they cut him" tbh, but I really hope he makes it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

PrinceRandom posted:

CJ on camera knows that being a successful ufda is hard as gently caress. Labhart just wanted to chill around a NFL camp and heck, I do too

I hope Labhart goes the coaching route

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PrinceRandom posted:

CJ was the guy asking Watt for advice, right? Or was that EZ?

Genius whoever it was. Don't be too scared to ask the superstar how the gently caress he does it, because it's not simply athletic prowess. Guys with his athletic ability exist and suck (See Dion Jordan, That big white DE in Cinci, that busy from OSU)

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
My favorite parts of the episode were the Elway phone conversations because that's probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing Broncos Hard Knocks. :)

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Kull the Conqueror posted:

My favorite parts of the episode were the Elway phone conversations because that's probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing Broncos Hard Knocks. :)

We might see the Chris Clark trade go down with more detail, or just see bits of the Broncos like the Patriots in the first episode.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

CJ was the guy asking Watt for advice, right? Or was that EZ?

When Watt was talking about his lifestyle? That was EZ.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rick Smith having no familiarity with the Broncos LB situation was pretty funny

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Rick Smith having no familiarity with the Broncos LB situation was pretty funny

May have been trying to trade Tarpinian before he was cut, or Tuggle/Bullough.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Labhart should just retire, go find a town in the Texas hill country with a high school, apply for the WR coach position (his resume being a YouTube video of him catching passes from Manziel) and spend the year chilling and loving off early to go hunting during the fall.

bondster
May 6, 2007

After watching the past couple of episodes I want EZ to make the Texans or some other team only because we have great .gifs to spam of him in GDT's if he does anything.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

bondster posted:

After watching the past couple of episodes I want EZ to make the Texans or some other team only because we have great .gifs to spam of him in GDT's if he does anything.

I feel like someone like the Panthers could use a guy like him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
How much would it cost to have Xzibit "Pimp My NFL Franchise" as a follow-up episode?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
EZ was cut. :(

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

bhsman posted:

EZ was cut. :(

So was Kourtnei Brown :(

Come on CJII...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess Worthy is making the team

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Season finale spoilers!!!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man that pick they used to draft Nix sure would have been nice to, say, move up from 33 to 32 in the draft

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Voodoo posted:

Season finale spoilers!!!

The realest of reality TV.

Intruder posted:

Man that pick they used to draft Nix sure would have been nice to, say, move up from 33 to 32 in the draft

Zero chance Seahawks take an objectively worse deal from the Vikings if we wanted Teddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
I really hope Strong works out better than our last few 3rd rounders. Which I guess just means "taking regular season snaps" at this point. Low bar.

• Locked thread