Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
117 people in the league and this thread is a graveyard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

8raz posted:

117 people in the league and this thread is a graveyard...

It is Not Allowed in TMP so, welp

Anywho, I'm real mad that I gave Chelsea enough credit to maybe stop Vardy and Mahrez and captained neither!!

e: also for thinking City could keep a clean sheet against Swansea, thanks idiots

Parity warning fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 17, 2015

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Are any of you in a league with your friends?

I have one with 14 friends, £10 entry, and have been coming second for most of the season so far. The guy who's winning is like 80 points ahead of me and is one of my closest friends. He's been quite fortunate but I think he's due a couple of bad weeks. I'm hoping this bench boost will get me closer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

8raz posted:

Are any of you in a league with your friends?

I have one with 14 friends, £10 entry, and have been coming second for most of the season so far. The guy who's winning is like 80 points ahead of me and is one of my closest friends. He's been quite fortunate but I think he's due a couple of bad weeks. I'm hoping this bench boost will get me closer

You used your bench boost in a week when everyone on your bench is playing a top half side?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Strawman posted:

You used your bench boost in a week when everyone on your bench is playing a top half side?
Top Half Schmop Half

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Happy to have made mahrez my capn today.

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
I keep captaining Mahrez up until Friday/Saturday then double guessing myself. I'm a pleb.

Noseman
May 9, 2005

Whatcha readin' for?

Sushi Face posted:

I keep captaining Mahrez up until Friday/Saturday then double guessing myself. I'm a pleb.
Same, GW18 however I was set on KDB until the last minute before Mahrezing out and assuring his first blank in 15 weeks or something silly.

Surprised to see green arrows though, but apparently a lot of the top 50k are united believers benching Butty for Cech

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Putting Arnautovic in my team was a :stoke:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Fuuuuck why didn't I do that....

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I triple captained lukaku for gw18 and he didn't do anything and also my whole team was a dumpster fire and this week he scores 2

What I'm saying is I'm melting down

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Hahhhhh I made MAhrez my captain today.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Chas McGill posted:

Hahhhhh I made MAhrez my captain today.

I made Ozïl my captain... Pretty much anyone I expected to perform this week, didn't.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Strawman posted:

Update:- that was actually a really good gameweek for me and I've been on a bit of a roll since then. I'm now 40 points behind instead of 80. Use the force etc

So who's in the top 20 of our league?

8raz fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 9, 2016

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

8raz posted:

So who's in the top 20 of our league?

I had a poo poo gameweek but still 8th.

I've had millions in the bank for ages and never know what to do with it when cheap players like Ighalo are playing well.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Im 12th.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hah! Get bent, I'm 11th.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
not a great week but im still top

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Forgot to use my wildcard :rant:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I've stopped being a coward and played my triple captain, Harry Kane v Norwich.

Be brave. Bite the bullet. Never look back. Secure a future for white children.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hoops posted:

I've stopped being a coward and played my triple captain, Harry Kane v Norwich.

Be brave. Bite the bullet. Never look back. Secure a future for white children.

So you didn't save it for a double gameweek then. Brave man.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Konsek posted:

So you didn't save it for a double gameweek then. Brave man.
gently caress

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, just confirmed the transfer of Lukaku in my team and he gets injured.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
huth on the bench :negative:

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
I finally made a good choice by transferring in and captaining Firmino. Still doing poo poo this season but still!

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Does anyone have a reliable site for predicted lineups? Guardian only seem to post them when they feel like it.

v Cheers boss v

Al2001 fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 5, 2016

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
fantasyfootballscout.co.uk

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So who else used their wildcard this week to prepare for the DGW fixtures?

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Using my wildcard now, don't really want to sell Kane, Mahrez etc. but the temptation is to field as many DGW players as possible.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Red_Museum posted:

Using my wildcard now, don't really want to sell Kane, Mahrez etc. but the temptation is to field as many DGW players as possible.

Kept Kane and Mahrez as my only single game week players, they've been so good and could well outscore the DGW players, plus I'd lose loads of money as I've had them since early on. Looking forward to this week, those two and 13 DGW players with bench boost. Went top last week despite triple captaining Lolkaku.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Can't seem to play bench boost or anything with a wildcard active? What's up with that?

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

corn in the fridge posted:

Can't seem to play bench boost or anything with a wildcard active? What's up with that?

Yep, have to think ahead. I used my WC in 32 with the double game weeks and bench boost in mind.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Here's what I'm running with. Don't know how many will actually play both games though.

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk

Red_Museum posted:

Here's what I'm running with. Don't know how many will actually play both games though.

I bet you're pretty pleased with how that turned out.

Looking forward to next year so I know what I'm doing and hopefully don't use all my chips in week 1-10...

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I forgot about my team for the second half of the season. Have a chance to play my wildcard for the final day. Still have all out attack and bench boost to play in the last two weeks. Can't really be bothered to do the full optimal strategy analysis, does anyone have any good shouts based on that?

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hoops posted:

I forgot about my team for the second half of the season. Have a chance to play my wildcard for the final day. Still have all out attack and bench boost to play in the last two weeks. Can't really be bothered to do the full optimal strategy analysis, does anyone have any good shouts based on that?

You can only use one "chip" per gameweek, which includes wildcards.

Sanchez and Aguero are the two obvious choices since they're playing well and have easier opponents and have something to play for. Hazard might explode again, although it's hard to say how Leicester v Chelsea will go. Kane, Payet, Vardy, solid all season. DDG in goal, PVA and Bellerin in defence. Defoe and Townsend may be good since Sunderland and Newcastle are fighting it out to avoid relegation.

Avoid Liverpool.

Beyond that who cares it's the last week of the season and you have nothing to play for. Get whoever you want. Look at fixtures, form, and who's trying to get into Europe/avoid relegation. Things get muddier at this point since teams tend to rotate players more. Moreso this season than the last few I'd say.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Leader of me and my mates league had a big meltdown and I ended up winning the prize money. :getin:

Top 10 in this league too it seems. gg all

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

8raz posted:

Leader of me and my mates league had a big meltdown and I ended up winning the prize money. :getin:

Top 10 in this league too it seems. gg all

Still Man Utd and Bournemouth left to play don't forget! Plus any subs to come on after that's played. I'm top of the Goon league but I don't think I'll stay there, since I have no Man Utd and the guy in second does.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Konsek posted:

Still Man Utd and Bournemouth left to play don't forget! Plus any subs to come on after that's played. I'm top of the Goon league but I don't think I'll stay there, since I have no Man Utd and the guy in second does.
Yeah my local league is definitely wrapped up. 20 points clear and we both only have Rashford to play.

Good luck! I might steal 7th in the Goon league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Konsek posted:

I'm in 2nd but I think you might be good still, United don't have anything to play for so I'd be surprised if there isn't a vastly different squad out on Tuesday.

• Locked thread