Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Conskill posted:

Mechanics question. Is Improved Invisibility (and Improved Superior Camo) improved insofar as it cloaks against typical attempts to see invisibility, or only improved in the sense that it has a static duration?

I could be wrong but I think its just the fixed duration. I doubt it defends against undead or see invis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
Sorry if this is a dumb question or not, but where do you guys get EQ: Titanium Edition? Torrent? Direct Download?

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Well its not a huge issue, can always manually select great divide if that doesn't do the trick i haven't tested it yet i will try to add it as the program calls it and see if that works instead. But for the most parts the zones are ezpz to navigate once you get the feel for them. But it is always nice having something like Pilsners map in the background ready to pull up at any time and speed off to someone to help them out or more recently, track down stormfeathers/lodizals that are pulled to random rear end locations to be hidden before killed so timer is pushed/unknown.

as far as improved invis and superior camo etc goes, mostly its just intended to last longer and or not make you appear as quicker but i dunno it seems random as hell still. I can cast sup camo and get the fade message 30 seconds later, other times I can have it literally last til I break it or it expires. Without looking, I would say improved invis is much like superior camo in that its just supposed to last longer with a less chance of appearing. None of the invis cast by any class will ever be better as in letting you get past certain mobs the older invis wouldn't.

Pwnz0r fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 7, 2015

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Dry Hump posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question or not, but where do you guys get EQ: Titanium Edition? Torrent? Direct Download?

Everyone torrents it. Easy to find with Google.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013

hayden. posted:

Everyone torrents it. Easy to find with Google.

Ah, thanks.

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery

Zaphod42 posted:

I could be wrong but I think its just the fixed duration. I doubt it defends against undead or see invis.

For camo, the superior version can be cast indoors, whereas normal camo was outdoor only. The improved versions are basically supposed to be what others have said, more reliable, but that wasn't and isn't my experience with them either.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
EDIT

In a fit of rage after being murdered and losing most of my stuff in the freeport tunnels, I'm now an Iksar Shadowknight named Zuzekka on the blue server. Feel free to invite/Hit me up.

Dry Hump fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 7, 2015

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Since Velious I seem to not be able to box a client on red and a client on blue at the same time. My windows keep freezing / crashing.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

snow should be gone on odus and faydwer. and most of antonica but i know i missed at least two.

kunark tomorrow!

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Pwnz0r posted:

Anyway Pilsner if you can look into it, Great Divide whenever you zone into it with the zliz map is giving a "cannot find Great Divide" error. The names and everything seem to line up(----side issue but not a big deal i copy pasted the old south karana quillmane maps over to v5, when I don't farm cloaks for friends I make them use that if they have no access to a bard/ranger to easily track quillmane and learn the spawn)

[Sat Aug 01 22:09:09 2015] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
[Sat Aug 01 22:09:24 2015] You have entered Great Divide.

I did notice its as greatdivide1.jpg so I added in same image as just greatdivide.jpg but haven't tested it yet to confirm it works. Not sure why the rest of the maps would work fine with 1s and GD wouldn't
I was told the name of GD was "The Great Divide", but maybe that was incorrect or has changed from beta. You can easily change it yourself for now: Close the app, open the file "ZoneData-Project1999.txt" in the ZoneData directory, then just change the name of the zone from "greatdivide=The Great Divide" to "greatdivide=Great Divide".

Can you review the long zone names? Here's what I got from another helpful goon:

cobaltscar=Cobalt Scar
crystal=Crystal Caverns
eastwastes=Eastern Wastelands
frozenshadow=Tower of Frozen Shadow
greatdivide=The Great Divide
growthplane=Plane of Growth
iceclad=Iceclad Ocean
kael=Kael Drakkel
mischiefplane=Plane of Mischief
necropolis=Dragon Necropolis
sirens=Sirens Grotto
skyshrine=Skyshrine
sleeper=Sleepers Tomb
templeveeshan=Temple of Veeshan
thurgadina=City of Thurgadin
thurgadinb=Icewell Keep
velketor=Velketor's Labyrinth
wakening=The Wakening Lands
westwastes=Western Wastelands

The map images are named with a number in order to support maps with multiple images, like dungeons.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Aug 7, 2015

Irrational Man
Aug 10, 2004
Can we get an update on TMO from Tashan Dorrsett

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
:smith:

Got the bracers of power or whatever drop randomly in crushbone but accidentally sold it before I realized what I had because it looked exactly like a legionnaire's bracer. Couldn't buy it back.

Then I got the earring drop for the quest, and the wiki said to turn it in to any male high elf slave. So I gave it to the elven priest who was male and high elf.... and nothing. I guess I should have known better, and looked for an "elven slave" instead of an elven priest who is a slave?

Ugggh gently caress you everquest :darksouls:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I wonder if you could have killed the slave to get it back

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Is posting in this thread for invites into the blue guild still the way to go? I'd definitely be interested in one for my lowly level 11 mage.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I've been meaning to log in, maybe I can finally do that and throw you an invite?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

What's the best way to get money and gear from one char to another? A guy in the last thread (izzit I think?) hooked up my first char, an enchanter, with a bunch of stuff, but I've been playing my necro more so I want to get it over to him.

Don't really want to risk dropping it on the ground in an empty house or anything.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

iNteg posted:

I've been meaning to log in, maybe I can finally do that and throw you an invite?

Cool -- who should I send a tell to?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Pathos posted:

Cool -- who should I send a tell to?

I'm gonna be on as swashy in the next day or two to get my sky shrine and CS key.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

megalodong posted:

What's the best way to get money and gear from one char to another? A guy in the last thread (izzit I think?) hooked up my first char, an enchanter, with a bunch of stuff, but I've been playing my necro more so I want to get it over to him.

Don't really want to risk dropping it on the ground in an empty house or anything.

The most reliable way is to have a friend (or an "Unknown Guild" member) transfer the items for you. Try to get the characters to the same location to minimize the waiting time for the helper.

You can trade bags that are full of items. If you intend to trade bags, then always let the person know ahead of time.

EC is a very common place for transfers because most people are already sitting around trying to sell\buy junk.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

hayden. posted:

I wonder if you could have killed the slave to get it back

I... didn't even think about that :stare:

iNteg posted:

14 druid Byrch on blue would love a guild invite.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I've got officer status on a couple characters, send a tell to trebbek

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
I've got about 50 plat on my lvl 5 enchanter. What's the best bang for my buck gear wise? I'm still wearing a newbie robe and that's about it. I also bought a crude stein for 30 plat, which seemed like a good idea at the time.

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.

Canuckistan posted:

I've got about 50 plat on my lvl 5 enchanter. What's the best bang for my buck gear wise? I'm still wearing a newbie robe and that's about it. I also bought a crude stein for 30 plat, which seemed like a good idea at the time.

Spell money

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
With casters, spells are top priority. Money and items will come later and you're really not going to notice much benefit to your mana early on. During early levels, HP items are pretty good though.

But yeah, save it for spells.

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
The struggle of levelling an Iksar Shadowknight...is very, very real. That xp speed.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Dry Hump posted:

The struggle of levelling an Iksar Shadowknight...is very, very real. That xp speed.

Yes, but what will hurt most later is being KOS to every faction in the game. Gather Shadows is a fickle mistress

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

quote:

Splurt Fixed
Old world mobs showing velious textures (Gargoyles, etc) fixed.
Adjusted Avatar of War's Attack Speed and ATK Rating. You're gonna need some AC.
Rogean: Fixed a line of sight calculation that could allow a player to melee a large mob, but avoid PBAE.
Rogean: Dragon models should no longer bounce around when moving / pushed.
Haynar: Pathing Optimizations
Haynar: Timers removed from spell buffs
Haynar: Binding fixed in Plane of Mischief
Alunova: Several Velious bosses have had their offensive stats increased.
Alunova: Some pathing issues fixed in Temple of Veeshan.
Nilbog: Jano Jinglebelly no longer spawns
Nilbog: Mojax Hikspin drops the correct note needed for 'Message Intercept'
Nilbog: Corrected dialogue for Tholious Quey
Nilbog: Spirocs of Timorous have faction hits on death
Nilbog: Changed the spawn mechanics of Karg/Martar Icebear. They should be more available.
Nilbog: Assistant Kiolna no longer exists. Speak to Bank Clerk Jaylin regarding strongbox keys.
Nilbog: The water zone issue with the Hole has been fixed
Nilbog: Druid and Wizard Iceclad spells have been added to the appropriate old world locations
Nilbog: Councilor Julia Lockhear no longer shouts to herself
Nilbog: Tri-Plated Golden Hackle Hammer may be clicked from inventory
Nilbog: Removed faction from Tain Hammerfrost to prevent his death to wandering npcs
Nilbog: Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood procs at level 1
Nilbog: The exit door on 7th floor Tower of Frozen Shadow now uses Large metal key
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with Boridain Glacierbane repeating text
Nilbog: Lower level cubes in skyshrine drop coin
Nilbog: Scout Charisa says the name of the player who turned in her quest item
Nilbog: Sentry Kale's 'Dragon Tooth Choker' quest now provides the letter needed to proceed.
Nilbog: Tower of Frozen Shadow: 7th floor door to exit now requires Vhal`Sera's key
Nilbog: Repop cycle of Kael quest npcs fixed
Nilbog: Script turn in for Resonant Bracer fixed

agggghhhh

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

lol wut? Spell buffs don't tell you how long they have left anymore?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

hayden. posted:

lol wut? Spell buffs don't tell you how long they have left anymore?

This is the worst patch since maps were removed.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
While I can understand both of those changes, because classic EQ didn't have maps or buff timers, you'd think they would have gotten around to that sometime more like immediately when the server came out and before players had gotten used to using them for years.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Mercury_Storm posted:

While I can understand both of those changes, because classic EQ didn't have maps or buff timers, you'd think they would have gotten around to that sometime more like immediately when the server came out and before players had gotten used to using them for years.

It really is s bad nerf and judging by red /ooc it hasn't gone down to well.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Who cares stuff still blinks before going off and you should have a rough estimate on buff timers just from experience. also GINA

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

shirunei posted:

Who cares stuff still blinks before going off and you should have a rough estimate on buff timers just from experience. also GINA

Multiple GM's have made forums posts in the past saying GINA is against the rules because reasons, and they might start banning for it, and knowing them it will be done all ninjalike like this patch. Same with maps.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 9, 2015

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

from the EULA

'programs that provide audible ques or overlay information by only reading the everquest log files are currently allowed.'

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Multiple GM's have made forums posts in the past saying GINA is against the rules because reasons, and they might start banning for it, and knowing them it will be done all ninjalike like this patch. Same with maps.

They aren't ever going to ban for poo poo like GINA or GamParse because it doesn't interact directly with the client, it just reads a file. They have talked about disabling the logging function to prevent use of these tools, but that is obviously non-classic and also presents problems for CSR issues.

Removing buff timers is pretty dumb considering all of the non-classic stuff that's allowed to remain, but c'est la vie.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

The dedication is honestly impressive. I can't imagine the mindset of the developers. Faultlessly implementing every aspect, even the aspects that seem like bugs or not existing simply due to lack of time to develop them.

Next patch update: the eqgame.exe will detect the hardware you're running and only allow CPUs and video cards that existed prior to 2003. Also it limits your bandwidth to 56k. Also it only runs in Windows ME.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

shirunei posted:

:haw:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

quote:

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."

People on the P1999 Forums seem annoyed now. Give it a day or two, and then anyone who complains will be called "entitled".

This community is loving weird.

Everyone from the Devs to the customer service people seem like such dicks haha.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 9, 2015

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Dirt posted:

People on the P1999 Forums seem annoyed now. Give it a day or two, and then anyone who complains will be called "entitled".

This community is loving weird.

He says that but lol if he really thinks people believe him that he'd keep doing this with no one playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Have the two new EQ1 servers affected p99 pop?