Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

I make the best space doll houses ever

Dirt posted:

People on the P1999 Forums seem annoyed now. Give it a day or two, and then anyone who complains will be called "entitled".

This community is loving weird.

Everyone from the Devs to the customer service people seem like such dicks haha.

They recently implemented the patch to kill Luclin character models from being used on your own client, which upset a lot of people including myself. Never mind that you can still download Luclin high-rez environment textures, enhanced lighting and a host of other post-luclin graphic mods. The reasoning is it's not authentic to the classic experience. The actual reason is it allows trolls and ogres to get on top of some buildings which may allow an advantage in PvP servers. In other words nobody wanted to be bothered to fix it or deal with the several complaints a year it may make.

The general attitude of the community is divided between people who are :smith: about it, and this actual quote:

quote:

I say make P99 as close to 100% content original as you can and keep boxers off the server... and gently caress anyone who whines about it. They can go play WOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

Also, level 11 Bard on blue looking to get an invite: Kannarus

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

A Mean Cow posted:

They recently implemented the patch to kill Luclin character models from being used on your own client, which upset a lot of people including myself. Never mind that you can still download Luclin high-rez environment textures, enhanced lighting and a host of other post-luclin graphic mods. The reasoning is it's not authentic to the classic experience. The actual reason is it allows trolls and ogres to get on top of some buildings which may allow an advantage in PvP servers. In other words nobody wanted to be bothered to fix it or deal with the several complaints a year it may make.

The general attitude of the community is divided between people who are :smith: about it, and this actual quote:

Keeping boxers off the server is a good thing, unless you're talking about the irony of someone saying to keep it 100% classic except for this one non-classic change.

I'm not really bothered by the buff timer change at all, it just strikes me as entirely pointless and only negatively effects new players who wouldn't know about log parsers. They're clearly able to take a more nuanced approach to the issues than just "was it like this in 1999? no? not happening then" as shown by variance timers, disallowing multiboxing, and a number of other NOT CLASSIC implementations. So why put in a change that does nothing but penalise new players?

A Mean Cow
Jan 18, 2004

The graphic thing has nothing to do with boxing, it was a 99.99% personal graphic aesthetic change only. The quote just shows the ignorance and blind circlejerking of the community regarding just about any decision the devs make, even if it doesn't make sense.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So I guess there some some bug with the BFG and/or the seaworthy planking spawns in Iceclad.

So what are they going to do? Delete all BFG/planks from the game, and let the planks spawn again when they fix whatever the bug was.

:lol: @ anyone who spent a ton on MQs.

In other news: Velious has been weird so far. I am pretty surprised by how crazy powerful the stuff coming out velious that is for sale in EC is. Prices are all kinds of crazy. I guess there is a 90+ player "list" for the Holgresh Elder Bead camp. People asking anywhere from 10k to 100k for them :lol:. Guess I won't be getting one.

FBSS has tanked to ~4k. Lots of "good stuff" from before is tanking: GEBs, Runed Cowl, Kunark class armor, etc. Non velium jewlery is being liquidated for below cost prices if you look long enough.

Velious armor is crazy compared to the stuff we had before. It's a good time to make a twink I guess. Prices are wildly inconsistent though. Phase spider carapace went from "Trade for fungi" to 15k in like three days. That crafted monk armor, panther skin whatever went from 10k+ a piece to a 3-4k.

The weirdest one is SCHW's. Seem to be locked around 10k...But you can get a dragonborne sash for 8-9k, and it's actually more haste than the SCHW's.

Basically If you were planning on buying anything, i'd wait.

XP in velious seems to suck.

Also CoM crashed and I can't play my mage. Lame.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 10, 2015

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Have u been Haynar'd today??

*implements patch that lowers system-wide gamma, rendering game UI, second screens, and alt-tabbed browsers unreadable*

*implements patch that crashes client if you try to log out while standing*

What untested, unannounced CLASSIC FIX will come next with no player beta testing because the dev gets off on people's whining?

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Dirt posted:

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
shoulda duo'd with my monk!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Just spent a few hours doing the Acolyte's Anklet quest running all over the place only to realize as I was turning it in that its race restricted and since I'm a wood elf I can't even wear it. :doh:

Well at least I had a pretty good time exploring all around? Its NO TRADE so I can't even make some money off it or hand it over to an alt. Ugh.

14 Druid Byrch still needs a guild invite on Blue.

hayden. posted:

lol wut? Spell buffs don't tell you how long they have left anymore?

:negative:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ugh gently caress Kithicor Forest so hard. Guess I'll just wait until the daytime and hope for the best, but now I've died a few times just trying to find my body.

E: whew, corpse found by daylight. I'll remember to hug the wall during night time in the future.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 10, 2015

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Waiting to get info to the UG port whore officer hootie, and will throw an invite out. In other news spent 3 hours in UD camp in velks and managed to replace two items and get a piercer that price berzerker strength. Good times.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Zaphod42 posted:

Just spent a few hours doing the Acolyte's Anklet quest running all over the place only to realize as I was turning it in that its race restricted and since I'm a wood elf I can't even wear it. :doh:

Well at least I had a pretty good time exploring all around? Its NO TRADE so I can't even make some money off it or hand it over to an alt. Ugh.

14 Druid Byrch still needs a guild invite on Blue.

:negative:

Can you get to Unrest? I have a lowbie cleric there I can tag you in the guild with. Probably still one of the best zones to level in aside from Befallen and Crushbone.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Can you get to Unrest? I have a lowbie cleric there I can tag you in the guild with. Probably still one of the best zones to level in aside from Befallen and Crushbone.

Sure, I can get there easy. I think I'm still a little too low for leveling there, I've been killing the sisters in lesserfay for easy pp and was thinking about going to Befallen next. That or try kiting around in the plains I guess.

I eat baby skin
Nov 30, 2003
Fresh from the nursery

Zaphod42 posted:

Sure, I can get there easy. I think I'm still a little too low for leveling there, I've been killing the sisters in lesserfay for easy pp and was thinking about going to Befallen next. That or try kiting around in the plains I guess.

You can start in unrest around 10, so 14 is more than enough. Just a friendly reminder since you are a druid: unrest is considered an outdoor zone.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007
Minamata here. Is there an updated list of who's all on Red these days? I've been gone a while...

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

So I have about a month and a half off of work, and then I start a really intensive graduate program. I have this idea I have a 19 shaman on this server from 2010, with some equipment. I really want to play a warrior though. Would it be possible to make a warrior sell off the gear on the shaman, and get to 60 in about a month of 10 hours of play a day? And then is it possible that once my that is all over that I could play only on two nights a week or whatever the raid night is and make decent progress towards being a main tank for big encounters?

If so what would be the best way to approach any of this? A warrior is basically non existent without at least a duo partner.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

lemonslol posted:

So I have about a month and a half off of work, and then I start a really intensive graduate program. I have this idea I have a 19 shaman on this server from 2010, with some equipment. I really want to play a warrior though. Would it be possible to make a warrior sell off the gear on the shaman, and get to 60 in about a month of 10 hours of play a day? And then is it possible that once my that is all over that I could play only on two nights a week or whatever the raid night is and make decent progress towards being a main tank for big encounters?

If so what would be the best way to approach any of this? A warrior is basically non existent without at least a duo partner.

Making a warrior as your first character to 60 is going to be slow going, but if you're not dying all the time and being relatively productive, 10 hrs/day is plenty to take any class to 60 in a month. If you sit around LFG or get killed in bad groups a lot, you won't even get to level 50 in that time (and 51-60 takes as long or longer than 1-50).

As far as getting involved in raid tanking, you probably won't have the time or money to get geared up much unless you get really lucky on drops in groups. So, you'll have to either join a more casual raid guild and hope to scrape drops or make friends with people in one of the higher end guilds and get them to help you gear up so you meet whatever minimum gear requirements there happen to be.

Really, if you want to be important on raids right away in Velious, roll a cleric. Warrior is the most expensive class to make useful on a raid.

You might also think about rolling on red as XP is way faster, there's guilds actively recruiting lower level players, and it seems like you've got a pretty limited time frame.

Realtalk, though, you probably shouldn't make a plan to get super invested in one of the most addicting MMOs of all time right before you head to grad school. Just sayin'.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

^ They don't call it evercrack for nothing

Shoutout to the goons who helped me last night, thanks for getting me into the guild and hooking me up with some far better gear than the newbie garbage I was rolling around in.

Got to 15 and made some good pp killing sisters in lfay, gonna head to unrest and try to push some levels tonight. 19 isn't far at all and then I'll be able to teleport all over, very excited for that. And before too long I'll get group teleport and I can start ferrying guildmates around to return the favor. :)

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Someone in my guild told me that he got from 1-31 in 12 hours because he was twinked on a warrior.

Is RMT actually caught often on the server? I remember there was one big bust, but after that anything? If anyone is willing can I get info on RMT?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

lemonslol posted:

Someone in my guild told me that he got from 1-31 in 12 hours because he was twinked on a warrior.

Is RMT actually caught often on the server? I remember there was one big bust, but after that anything? If anyone is willing can I get info on RMT?

1 - 31 is probably possible if you buy power leveling or one of those dragon teeth that summons a 44 necro pet at level one.

I don't think just a fungi and twink gear will get you levels that quickly. I mean it might, I did 14 to 21 in a few hours in Kurns on my cleric because I grouped with a dude who spent about 200k on his monk twink.

I think there was a wave of RMT bans awhile back. I have no idea how prevalent it is on the server though.

A lot of people who have been playing a long time are rich as gently caress, so maybe that dude is one of those people.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Aug 11, 2015

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It is my understanding that RMT is rampant on P99, but that the staff are also very good at catching and banning a majority of the offenders. Basically, people who do it are really dumb and keep getting caught and banned.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Siets posted:

It is my understanding that RMT is rampant on P99, but that the staff are also very good at catching and banning a majority of the offenders. Basically, people who do it are really dumb and keep getting caught and banned.

I have a toon that I sold that is still active from 2 years ago that was never banned. Probably bought 300k plat. Saw the new owner online the other day.

I'm not sure what they're using to catch people but it seems to mostly revolve around the major sellers that get caught and then they ban the customers by going through logs.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

lemonslol posted:

RMT is always happening but hundreds of people lose characters/accounts/plat/items every year. I know people who have gotten banned and also those who haven't. It's ultimately a matter of luck - if someone you are logged trading with ends up getting flagged or doing something obviously dumb, it's just a matter of whether or not the admins are :effort: about it. All trades over a certain plat amount are flagged in a separate log and online guide/GM accounts get system messages about them as they happen. If there's an obvious throwaway character or a conspicuous lack of items or services involved you can bet that poo poo is going into the future-people-to-possibly-ban book.

1-31 with nothing but twink gear is doable on Blue in that amount of time (assuming twinking is fungi, dragon haste, excellent weapons and some +hp accessory gear) but you have to be pretty knowledgeable about zones, mobs, XP quests, etc.. Most people waste tons of time because they don't know where to level efficiently or the places they can think of to go are overcamped. I did 1-49 on a mage with nothing but a Torch of Alna and 2 5/55 rings in under 30 hours (this is not doable now due to pet nerfs and the group-with-self bug getting fixed). If you have a PL available or are doing something like redwood wand or red/white dragon tooth shenanigans it can go quite a bit faster than that.

That said, if you have starter gear on a warrior and aren't familiar with the good XP spots you're going to be lucky to get to level 10 in twelve hours.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Okay with all of that said my Shaman is pretty nicely geared I guess. I haven't really played it since right before kunark, but I have some pretty nice gear from classic. Level 18 174 Wis 146 STR 132 STA 400HP 700 Mana. What would the most effcient way to level as much as possible without power leveling from someone, and I have 8 plat to my name?

I'm currently soloing at crocs.

e: I just looked on the wiki i have most of the preplanar gear recommendations.

gay for gacha fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 11, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
This is a solid guide for a solo shaman on a budget: http://wiki.project1999.com/Evil_Shaman_Solo_Guide

It's not going to be the fastest possible route as that dude prefers outdoor zones with easy kills that have low ZEMs, though the big advantage there is you aren't beholden to lovely groups, overcamped or trainy zones, or high risk camps that are hard to break.

Gearwise on a shaman the only thing that matters much is whether you have a fungi/iksar BP, though a badass weapon and haste can help a lot all the way up depending on what you're killing (facetanking with slow while beating poo poo up is legit). Canni and regen at 24 make your max hp/mana less important for grinding out XP (still important for hard/long fights).

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 11, 2015

Havelock Ellis
Oct 21, 2010

Yes...hmmm.
Started playing this again, not played since a few months before Kunark came out but decided to start over. Rolled a Necro but not sure caster is for me so if anyone could help me transfer the modest amount of coin and a few items I have over to my other char that'd be neat. Send a message to Huatl, will see about getting an invite to the guild when I've moved the stuff over.

edit: Am hanging around in the EC tunnel.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

aparmenideanmonad posted:

This is a solid guide for a solo shaman on a budget: http://wiki.project1999.com/Evil_Shaman_Solo_Guide

It's not going to be the fastest possible route as that dude prefers outdoor zones with easy kills that have low ZEMs, though the big advantage there is you aren't beholden to lovely groups, overcamped or trainy zones, or high risk camps that are hard to break.

Gearwise on a shaman the only thing that matters much is whether you have a fungi/iksar BP, though a badass weapon and haste can help a lot all the way up depending on what you're killing (facetanking with slow while beating poo poo up is legit). Canni and regen at 24 make your max hp/mana less important for grinding out XP (still important for hard/long fights).

I melee'd on my shaman until 34 when I got a decent root. I found the poisonwind censer and a haste belt to be invaluable.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

lemonslol posted:

The only not stupid way to RMT on P99 is to know a guy who wants to get rid of some plat as a one time deal and won't sell to more than a few people. If it's some guy you met on the P99 forum and have never interacted wtih him, or if you go through some website, you're gonna get banned. There was a goon who sold some a year or two ago but probably had less than 10 transactions total and he and the people he sold to never got banned that I know of. It was also probably only a couple hundred thousand at most. I imagine most big time RMT guys were doing millions worth.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Hexel posted:

I melee'd on my shaman until 34 when I got a decent root. I found the poisonwind censer and a haste belt to be invaluable.

You wouldn't still have that Poisonwind Censer?

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I know people on red who still RMT to this day, they used to duo/trio fungi camp 24/7 and they sell plat like its a job. They have never been banned, frequently caught for boxing/ghosting however. They convert most of it to blue plat and from there I don't know. But yeah RMT is crazy rampant, especially on red. There have been a few 'big' busts, but most of them pale in comparison to the real stuff going on the in background. When Nihilum broke up, There were so many inactive accounts, bankers, gear, raw plat, spells, aon's etc that it was part of what led to the huge ban on red, although only a few people got hit. I see people playing RMT'd characters from classic, kunark era etc on a daily basis. One good example is chuck on red, He has numerous chars hes leveled up, some are named ie chuckdusky, chuckslaw etc and they have changed hands many times along with other chars like his multiple clerics, enchanters, wizards. It is pretty disgusting that some people can get away with it, and others get banned. I know people that have sent in full proof of AoN's and other high end droppables (manastone, cure shields) being bought for hundreds of dollars each, being funneled through one person to a group of RMTers. He recently bit the bullet(his rogue he didn't even play got banned, some random 60 rogue VP robe, vp sword nothing special) meanwhile he already had other characters in the works being leveled for him all decked out in better gear. I don't know what it is like on blue, but I do know there are groups of people on red who specifically funnel it to blue because theres so many more people its easier to turn it.

As far as velious goes, so far so great. Farmed 6 or so ornate velium pendants out of icewell keep(seen 50+ drop in our group) and 1 pair of holgresh beads which I wouldn't mind having another 1 or 2 pairs at least to play with or keep to sell for future. Buff timer nerf was stupid as hell, I use GTT already to the max, triggers for everything since I play red(discs, da/db, nukes/dispells etc) so making some new timers for buffs wasn't hard, but does make it troublesome when you came out, the timers get lost. As a melee its quite annoying, but on my caster characters its not bad at all especially my shaman, because i can recast it. For timers I really only setup the necessary buffs. Focus of Spirit, Aegolism, Fortitude, Symbol of Marzin, Heroism, DMF, Kragg, SoW, Levi, VoG/Shissar, C2 etc.

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
Any noobs on blue msg Chuy/Gonn for plat. I don't play too often, but I can throw you 1k to get you started on gear. Also, what guild has the most goons? I got a 60 Chanter and Warrior and I wanna start playing again with Velious out.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Yeah is everyone in a guild? I am in some guild from like 2011 and no one is ever really on it.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

lemonslol posted:

Yeah is everyone in a guild? I am in some guild from like 2011 and no one is ever really on it.

Most goons are spread out. There is a goon guild but it ebbs and flows with users. I need to invite a few people still on my alt or the guilds lvl 30 port whore, but you can find me in game and i'll add you to my list of people to invite. My toon's name is Swashy, though i've been spending most of my time hiding out in Kael and ToV at the moment.

I know there's 3 or 4 of us in BDA, but who knows any more. Skullmonkey is the only active one I know of.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I am still active, but not guilded. My alt syndrome is out of control to be guilded right now, no raid guild would take me. Currently playing my mage right now - if there was a shred of hope of ever getting him his epic I would main him.

Characters:

Saryon 52 wizard
Orolin 52 magician
Clearbrook 52 druid
Kahvi 51 rogue
Ghworg 46 warrior
Drace 45 Shadowknight
Dezlen 45 ranger
Ruana 24 cleric
Several others that I don't play often.

If you're new and need some buffs/starting plat hit me up on one of those characters.

Pratan fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 12, 2015

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Not gonna lie, I'd probably buy a fungi if I felt it was safe. That loving item has eluded me for years. It's always been way too expensive and I can just never bring myself to farm plat endlessly to afford one. :smith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hit 16 farming the yard in unrest but its waaaay overcamped so I'm probably going to try charm kiting in karana tonight instead.

19 is within sight! Gonna be the first time ever I have an EQ character who can port. :dance:

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

I recently reinstalled for Velious (after not logging in since 2012) and found my 60 Cleric stripped of all droppables. GMs said they were traded to some guy named Datlife, eventually they went through Platlord (who is now banned I guess). They can't recover any of the items since they are still in the economy somewhere. Apparently this happened in Jan 2014.

Here are the transactions straight from the GM logs:

quote:

Trade
ID: 2118339
Perspective: Booter
Associate: Datlife
Server: Live
Zone: ecommons
Date: 2014-01-02 00:43:22
Gave
[14703] Black Sapphire Platinum Necklace (1)
[14702] Golden Black Sapphire Earring (1)
[4407] Golden Efreeti Boots (1)
[14738] Band of Eternal Flame (1)
[4565] Donal's Chestplate of Mourning (1)
[14702] Golden Black Sapphire Earring (1)
[11666] Bone-Clasped Girdle (1)
[10584] Totem of the Wizened Spirits (1)
Received

Trade
ID: 2118359
Date: 2014-01-02 00:44:29
Gave
[14707] Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring (1)
[14707] Platinum Diamond Wedding Ring (1)
[11648] DawnFire, Morning Star of Light (1)
[14699] Platinum Jacinth Wedding Ring (1)
[14699] Platinum Jacinth Wedding Ring (1)
[11052] Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch (1)
50296 Platinum
Received

Trade
ID: 2119407
Date: 2014-01-02 04:58:17
Gave
[1622] Hierophant's Cloak (1)
Received

Don't think I'll ever bother playing the cleric again. What a shame. Leveling up a wiz now...

e- would kill for some info if anyone happens to know anything. The only people who MIGHT have had my login info were TR/IB officers from ~2011-2012 era. I don't know who were big RMTers back then, Kinsawt maybe? Even if I found out I'll never get the items back though.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I was curious what stuff costs for actual cash, so I did some google work.

:psyduck:

You can buy 100k plat for like 125 bucks.

How is that even profitable for the people doing the selling? That has to break down to something hilarious when you look at hours per dollar.

I don' t get the point of RMT here. It's a free server. Nothing is really out of reach for anyone other than a few class epics being pretty hard. RMT dorks are not actively loving up the game mechanics either I guess, I also don't get the point when the returns for RMT are so bad.

I'm not really against RMT, it's not a huge deal IMO. I am just glad there isn't random bots sending me tells all day long with links to buy plat for cash like I have seen on Live/EQ2/FFIV/whatever other MMOs I have tried. I actually a made poo poo ton of money due to RMT transactions in Ultima Online as a kid so maybe my view on it is a bit skewed. I bought my first car with UO money :getin:
But that was actually worth the effort from a hours to dollars perspective. But to be fair, I *was* actively involved in a kind of game mechanics manipulation that was pretty shady... Not duping or anything, but me and a few people figured out how to manipulate the spawn rate of a mob that you could tame and sell for obscene amounts of gold, because they were so rare, due to people were manipulating the spawn of them...

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

khysanth posted:

I recently reinstalled for Velious (after not logging in since 2012) and found my 60 Cleric stripped of all droppables. GMs said they were traded to some guy named Datlife, eventually they went through Platlord (who is now banned I guess). They can't recover any of the items since they are still in the economy somewhere. Apparently this happened in Jan 2014.

Here are the transactions straight from the GM logs:

Don't think I'll ever bother playing the cleric again. What a shame. Leveling up a wiz now...

e- would kill for some info if anyone happens to know anything. The only people who MIGHT have had my login info were TR/IB officers from ~2011-2012 era. I don't know who were big RMTers back then, Kinsawt maybe? Even if I found out I'll never get the items back though.

The exact same thing happened to me too. I lost all my plat but I got all my items back.

I dont know why it would have been different for you.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Dirt posted:

I was curious what stuff costs for actual cash, so I did some google work.

:psyduck:

You can buy 100k plat for like 125 bucks.

How is that even profitable for the people doing the selling? That has to break down to something hilarious when you look at hours per dollar.
Well what happened over time in WoW was that they stopped having literal gold farmers, i.e. real people hammering away at easy mobs for gold and drops, or teleport hacking in dungeons, to spending their time automating hacking of accounts in order to sell stuff. I don't know if there's much hacking on Project1999 though, or rather through EQEmu that we login through.

An alternative to farming plat is selling dungeon and raid drops. All raid targets are completely cleared every week (or more often), and as players quit or get corrupt, those items flow out into the economy and RMT. Thus you can't really compare the hours you'd need to spend grinding plat via pp and gem drops to how much plat is sold for in dollars. Furthermore, peoples' time is free, so to speak, so you can't even compare it having a minimum wage job.

I also don't see how RMT is such a big problem. What I'm truly baffled about is that people pay hundreds of dollars for items on an emulated EQ server..... come on! Oh well, it's your :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Pilsner posted:

Well what happened over time in WoW was that they stopped having literal gold farmers, i.e. real people hammering away at easy mobs for gold and drops, or teleport hacking in dungeons, to spending their time automating hacking of accounts in order to sell stuff. I don't know if there's much hacking on Project1999 though, or rather through EQEmu that we login through.

An alternative to farming plat is selling dungeon and raid drops. All raid targets are completely cleared every week (or more often), and as players quit or get corrupt, those items flow out into the economy and RMT. Thus you can't really compare the hours you'd need to spend grinding plat via pp and gem drops to how much plat is sold for in dollars. Furthermore, peoples' time is free, so to speak, so you can't even compare it having a minimum wage job.

I also don't see how RMT is such a big problem. What I'm truly baffled about is that people pay hundreds of dollars for items on an emulated EQ server..... come on! Oh well, it's your :10bux:

I would spend 15 dollars on this server if it meant an increase in fun.