Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
Rolled an Iksar Shaman on the blue server yesterday. Is there a possibility of getting an invite to the goon guild? Character name is Tiresias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Hit 19 on my Druid last night, teleporting around like a badass. I'm glad I got to experience riding the slow-rear end 1999 boats again, but now I'm glad I can skip that bs.

10 levels to go and I can start teleporting others for tips! Woohoo.

Pulvis Sumus posted:

Rolled an Iksar Shaman on the blue server yesterday. Is there a possibility of getting an invite to the goon guild? Character name is Tiresias.

Should be able to get in no problem, just gotta catch an office when you're both online and send them a tell.

You'll have to meet up somewhere though which will be a pain in the rear end for a low level iksar, but you can work it out.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have a feeling I am going to get kicked from TMO at some point. I love grouping with those guys, but raiding feels like an absolute chore (especially when you are melee and reliant on everyone else for rides.) Unless I come all the time, I feel like I stand zero chance of ever seeing even a single piece of gear. There are so many dudes that show up to every single raid with giant stocks of DKP, and I just am not ever going to be one of those people because of my family and work life. I have seen these guys raid for up to 8 hours a stretch sometimes. There's just no way I personally can handle that.

I really wish there was room for membership in TMO as a non-raider, but I have a feeling that isn't the case. Sigh. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Siets posted:

I have a feeling I am going to get kicked from TMO at some point. I love grouping with those guys, but raiding feels like an absolute chore (especially when you are melee and reliant on everyone else for rides.) Unless I come all the time, I feel like I stand zero chance of ever seeing even a single piece of gear. There are so many dudes that show up to every single raid with giant stocks of DKP, and I just am not ever going to be one of those people because of my family and work life. I have seen these guys raid for up to 8 hours a stretch sometimes. There's just no way I personally can handle that.

I really wish there was room for membership in TMO as a non-raider, but I have a feeling that isn't the case. Sigh. It was fun while it lasted I guess.

For what it's worth, I feel your pain. Sat in a Halls of Testing raid last night putting tells in for quest plate, only to watch the same couple warriors get drops because they're the hardcore players these days. As casual scum, I'm not in a rush to get Best in Slot, but it's easy to feel like you're lagging behind the other guys in Velious.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pillow Armadillo posted:

For what it's worth, I feel your pain. Sat in a Halls of Testing raid last night putting tells in for quest plate, only to watch the same couple warriors get drops because they're the hardcore players these days. As casual scum, I'm not in a rush to get Best in Slot, but it's easy to feel like you're lagging behind the other guys in Velious.

Right, I basically feel like a throwaway soldier who's just there to speed up the gearing process for officers. I'm not saying that the guys who put in the time don't deserve the gear over me, they do, but if you can't show up very very consistently it feels completely pointless to even try.

I wish that I could just be a member of TMO, make alts, help people with their epics, help people with the 50-60 grind, port guildmembers, etc. Raiding just isn't for me though. It takes forever, I'm never going to see drops, and Empire shits all over us right now and for the foreseeable future resulting in my evenings ending with my melee rear end plugged at some zoneline and spending the better part of my next day trying to secure a port home. Not a fun way to play the game.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
I just started an enchanter on Blue. I remembered enough to make it to Qeynos and get bound there. Made it to level four and found the people nice (someone dumped a fine steel weapon for spell money on me, and someone else gave me a Green Silken Drape). Looking for an invite into the Unknown Guild, character's named Erianine. Currently on line and hunting Cuburt in the Qeynos sewers.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Siets posted:

You can hang out with me on red if you want I need help leveling and porting around.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I just got an app. invite to Asgard in blue a little while ago. They seem very relaxed letting people join and leave raids as life permits. I am only a level 51 Rogue working on my epic (no plat to mq) so I am unfortunately not able to make many raids since I am so low.

Other day someone won HoT Chain pants for only 1dkp point. I feel like I am so behind.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ramulack posted:

I just got an app. invite to Asgard in blue a little while ago. They seem very relaxed letting people join and leave raids as life permits. I am only a level 51 Rogue working on my epic (no plat to mq) so I am unfortunately not able to make many raids since I am so low.

Other day someone won HoT Chain pants for only 1dkp point. I feel like I am so behind.

Don't worry about gear. Get your levels, work on your epic while you're LFG. You have the benefit of it being super easy to finish. Kunark is still gonna be your best bet for leveling I think. And just think about when you're 60 you'll be spending your 1 DKP on chain pants, because everyone else will have it.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Posted a page or two back about my Cleric getting stripped of all his droppables. Turns out the GMs reversed decision and will get my items back (but not the 50k plat, oh well, I'll take it!)

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Nice man, that's awesome!

Havelock Ellis
Oct 21, 2010

Yes...hmmm.
Got my warrior up to 20, if anyone wants to duo/group send a tell to Drut. Will also keep my eye out for an IG officer for an invite.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Havelock Ellis posted:

Got my warrior up to 20, if anyone wants to duo/group send a tell to Drut. Will also keep my eye out for an IG officer for an invite.

My druid is 19, send a tell to Byrch if you see me online. What zones are you gonna be leveling in?

Havelock Ellis
Oct 21, 2010

Yes...hmmm.

Zaphod42 posted:

My druid is 19, send a tell to Byrch if you see me online. What zones are you gonna be leveling in?

Will do, thinking of Oasis or High Hold orcs atm, or maybe Mistmoore/Unrest if a friend wont mind porting me over to Fay.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
I can do invites in EC today after 5pm pst. I will either be on Bererez or Canno.

edit: this for blue.

edit2: gonna be on later than expected. maybe 8ish.

Not_Rainbow_Horse fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 19, 2015

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

A Mean Cow posted:

They recently implemented the patch to kill Luclin character models from being used on your own client, which upset a lot of people including myself. Never mind that you can still download Luclin high-rez environment textures, enhanced lighting and a host of other post-luclin graphic mods. The reasoning is it's not authentic to the classic experience. The actual reason is it allows trolls and ogres to get on top of some buildings which may allow an advantage in PvP servers. In other words nobody wanted to be bothered to fix it or deal with the several complaints a year it may make.

people also were using it to duck out of tstaff procs on the pvp server among other things which was a p big deal

Hoppy Goodness posted:

Minamata here. Is there an updated list of who's all on Red these days? I've been gone a while...

Hardon = Anime

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Looted a new 2HS in Kael this afternoon - http://wiki.project1999.com/Thunder_Runed_Great_Sword.

Can anyone explain the wiki resist details (-100 SvM)? This sword seems to land a lot of procs on trash mobs.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Looted a new 2HS in Kael this afternoon - http://wiki.project1999.com/Thunder_Runed_Great_Sword.

Can anyone explain the wiki resist details (-100 SvM)? This sword seems to land a lot of procs on trash mobs.

It means the proc casts as if the enemy had 100 less save vs magic, which means it's significantly likely to land.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Divinity has been letting people roll for drops for the most part as long as its your main character and you are a full member (after like 2 weeks). If my dice were even marginally better id be pretty pimped out already and im pretty low on the totem pole.

wrist deep in the dead
Feb 10, 2006

Pratan posted:

I am still active, but not guilded. My alt syndrome is out of control to be guilded right now, no raid guild would take me. Currently playing my mage right now - if there was a shred of hope of ever getting him his epic I would main him.

Characters:

Saryon 52 wizard
Orolin 52 magician
Clearbrook 52 druid
Kahvi 51 rogue
Ghworg 46 warrior
Drace 45 Shadowknight
Dezlen 45 ranger
Ruana 24 cleric
Several others that I don't play often.

If you're new and need some buffs/starting plat hit me up on one of those characters.

quoting this dude who helped me out with some gear on my new bard, just started playing on blue as Zaith

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
A raid guild may accept your 52 Wizard since they are generally a sought after but less played class.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I just got to 16 in on an enchanter. Going to try for twenty today. I'll try to hit up that helpful goon to see if I can get some money for spells.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Ramulack posted:

A raid guild may accept your 52 Wizard since they are generally a sought after but less played class.

You could probably get in any raiding guild but Rampage. I bet Forsaken is desperate enough to get numbers, they will take a 52 as well.

But then you would be in Forsaken and no one should be so desperate.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
So i had posted in the old thread if anyone was able to help me getting up to plane of hate to nab the book for my rogue epic and I cant remember the name of the gentle goon who did. However, I died so i need to get up there again!

This time I wont venture in unless its somewhat clear / being raided. My in game name is Marchand or Tibmit on blue if anyone is brave / willing to lend a hand. Naturally ill provide stone & tip.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

lemonslol posted:

I just got to 16 in on an enchanter. Going to try for twenty today. I'll try to hit up that helpful goon to see if I can get some money for spells.

I'll give you 500p for spells if you transfer some poo poo for me in EC.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ramulack posted:

So i had posted in the old thread if anyone was able to help me getting up to plane of hate to nab the book for my rogue epic and I cant remember the name of the gentle goon who did. However, I died so i need to get up there again!

This time I wont venture in unless its somewhat clear / being raided. My in game name is Marchand or Tibmit on blue if anyone is brave / willing to lend a hand. Naturally ill provide stone & tip.

I'm happy to help if you are willing to talk days and times. I seriously only log on if I have an "appointment" these days.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Ramulack posted:

I have a wizard and play quite a bit. Post here tomorrow when you're playing

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Hexel posted:

I don't need the 500p but if you need a transfer in EC now shoot me a tell on Erianine, I'll help you out

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm happy to help if you are willing to talk days and times. I seriously only log on if I have an "appointment" these days.

Hi yes, I need an appointment to hang out with you and drink copious amounts of beer. (also, to LAN with you, so we can play EQ together or dota or something)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hexel posted:

Meatgrinder posted:

I don't need the 500p but if you need a transfer in EC now shoot me a tell on Erianine, I'll help you out

I need the 500p and would be happy to help anybody transfer anything :cheeky:, I can self-port around too for easy transport!

19 Druid Byrch hit me up for your trading / sow needs if you see me online anytime, the reason I play druid is to run around having fun helping people. I don't even mind helping some goons power level for awhile, although my buffs aren't crazy strong yet so only good for newbies.

Helped a goon friend get his enchanter up to level 5 real quick last night, probably gonna play a good bit this weekend and push towards 30.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Come on! Bring out your inner warrior! GROWL!

Anyone on Blue who has expressed an interest in Red and are afraid of getting pked:

Well, you're gonna die... a LOT

The only thing they can take is your money.

So your phat lutes are safe

XP is crazy! I leveled to 12 in one night, 26 the next night, and I'm now 32.

I don't have a lot of money but if you're new and need directions or maybe a weapon go ahead and send me a tell, I'll help any way I can!

(Lahara)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

I need the 500p and would be happy to help anybody transfer anything :cheeky:, I can self-port around too for easy transport!

19 Druid Byrch hit me up for your trading / sow needs if you see me online anytime, the reason I play druid is to run around having fun helping people. I don't even mind helping some goons power level for awhile, although my buffs aren't crazy strong yet so only good for newbies.

Helped a goon friend get his enchanter up to level 5 real quick last night, probably gonna play a good bit this weekend and push towards 30.

I'll be around all day chillin in the tunnel. I dont mind tossing out 500p for a transfer since its kind of a hassle, I need to move 6 bags of gear and a pile of plat from my shaman and enchanter to my monk. My drat alt-itis burnt me out and I wanna delete those guys and just have my monk :shibe:

EDIT: Rottenberry got me but i can give you 500p spell money no problem im kinda rich.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 21, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hey, I got some questions that you guys may or may not know the answers to,

On 1999 (blue) did they ever change the class XP penalties? I heard a lot of talk about it being something that might happen at Velious or post-Velious but I haven't seen anything very concrete on the issue, so I assume that means they're still active and SK and Paladin are still pretty rough to level? I'm gonna stick with Druid anyways, but I'm curious.

Also there's lots of items on the wiki that are greyed out and have notes about how they were added in Velious or post-Velious, are those in-game probably or not? Like the druid spell to teleport to surefall glade, is that in-game on 1999 or no?

Also general EQ question, what exactly does succor do? Like its an evacuate spell for getting away quickly, right? So is it just a faster teleport? Most of the succor / egress spells have a specific zone, does it mean it teleports you to that zone quickly or does it mean only if you're in that zone that you can cast it to get to a safe spot? Then later on I think Wizard gets a simple 'succor' spell, does that work for any zone? Seems awfully limited to only have succor for a few specific zones.

Like druid gets Succor: Butcher at 34. Are you ever going to be leveling in BB where you need to evac once you're 34+? Or can you cast it from anywhere, just making it a faster teleport spell?

Hexel posted:

I'll be around all day chillin in the tunnel. I dont mind tossing out 500p for a transfer since its kind of a hassle, I need to move 6 bags of gear and a pile of plat from my shaman and enchanter to my monk. My drat alt-itis burnt me out and I wanna delete those guys and just have my monk :shibe:

Yeah man hit me up, I'm happy to do grunt work for some spare plat here and there. :) I'm at work ATM but I'll be on for sure after I get off and probably a good bit this weekend.

I was a really bad alt-aholic on live back in the day (I leveled literally every class to at least 10 but I never got much higher than like 25) so I'm trying to stick with one character on 1999 for the most part :cheeky:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Hybrid XP penalty is still in, will be coming out in a few months I think. They are following "the official" Velious timeline. Basically just going by the patch notes from whenever Velious came out.

The spell at 57, Succor is like a emergency port to somewhere else in that zone.
The other ones, like Succor Ro Or Succor East, Winds of North/South are quick casting emergency ports to those places, but you have to be in a dungeon to cast them I think.

You will get paid a ton at level 39 to port people to DL then run into to KC and evac to EJ.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MageMage posted:

Come on! Bring out your inner warrior! GROWL!

Anyone on Blue who has expressed an interest in Red and are afraid of getting pked:

Well, you're gonna die... a LOT

The only thing they can take is your money.

So your phat lutes are safe

XP is crazy! I leveled to 12 in one night, 26 the next night, and I'm now 32.

I don't have a lot of money but if you're new and need directions or maybe a weapon go ahead and send me a tell, I'll help any way I can!

(Lahara)

Hey Lahara, I enjoyed random bard porting you about in Mistmoore last night. Joined that guildy group at level 16 hitting reds, came out nearly 23 still hitting reds. Was a fun night.

(Toccata Fugue - Bard, Unfetereds Curse - Necro)

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 21, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Class penalties will be in for a bit yet, but they were removed during Velious so will probably be gone early next year at the latest. Race penalties will be staying AFAIK. More info on those: http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics#Race.2FClass_Experience_Penalties

The original Evac/Succour ________ line of spells have no requirements and are just fast casting group teleports. Traditionally, if you're grouping as a wiz/dru you would keep one loaded for when poo poo hit the fan (overpull, train, AFK healer, whatever).

The Kunark era adds these types of spells for Skyfire (Winds of the North/Tishan's Relocation) and Emerald Jungle (Winds of the South/Markar's Relocation) with the added requirement that you must be inside a Kunark dungeon in order for them to work.

Evacuate/Succour (level 57 wiz/dru) are group teleports to the designated safe spot in a zone (Necro 55 spell Levant does this also but just for the caster). This was originally the loc 0, 0 in many old world zones, but in a lot of zones it's somewhere nice and out of the way of mobs or the zone-in. Notably, it can be used to get across West Karana when you're heading to Qeynos. Here's a list of safe spots if you're interested: http://wiki.project1999.com/Travel_Guide#Evacuate_Locations

iNteg posted:

Hi yes, I need an appointment to hang out with you and drink copious amounts of beer. (also, to LAN with you, so we can play EQ together or dota or something)
:frogout:

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 21, 2015

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Hey Lahara, I enjoyed random bard porting you about in Mistmoore last night. Joined that guildy group at level 16 hitting reds, came out nearly 23 still hitting reds. Was a fun night.

(Toccata Fugue - Bard, Unfetereds Curse - Necro)

Haha this Bard right here. I cant wait to level with you around some lava or deep cliffs.

Everyone group with guy if you want something different :)

Dirt posted:

Hybrid XP penalty is still in, will be coming out in a few months I think. They are following "the official" Velious timeline. Basically just going by the patch notes from whenever Velious came out.

They're removing hybrid penalties on blue?

Well poo poo, why don't they just call red "Empire's Playground"?

MageMage fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 21, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Class penalties will be in for a bit yet, but they were removed during Velious so will probably be gone early next year at the latest. Race penalties will be staying AFAIK. More info on those: http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics#Race.2FClass_Experience_Penalties

The original Evac/Succour ________ line of spells have no requirements and are just fast casting group teleports. Traditionally, if you're grouping as a wiz/dru you would keep one loaded for when poo poo hit the fan (overpull, train, AFK healer, whatever).

The Kunark era adds these types of spells for Skyfire (Winds of the North/Tishan's Relocation) and Emerald Jungle (Winds of the South/Markar's Relocation) with the added requirement that you must be inside a Kunark dungeon in order for them to work.

Evacuate/Succour (level 57 wiz/dru) are group teleports to the designated safe spot in a zone (Necro 55 spell Levant does this also but just for the caster). This was originally the loc 0, 0 in many old world zones, but in a lot of zones it's somewhere nice and out of the way of mobs or the zone-in. Notably, it can be used to get across West Karana when you're heading to Qeynos. Here's a list of safe spots if you're interested: http://wiki.project1999.com/Travel_Guide#Evacuate_Locations

Thanks, poo poo's a little confusing :cheeky: That's more or less what I assumed it just seemed kinda weird so I thought there was maybe more to it.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Oh hey I had no idea you guys were goons, I was the shaman in that group Gnoll incase you couldn't tell I was a goon from my barely comprehensible and probably-the-manifestation-of-a-deep-rooted-mental-illness OOC ramblings -- Sup brewskis

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Why do illusion spells break when you zone? Its definitely intentional design since normal buffs carry through zones. Is there some way you could exploit that or something?

I just remember in vanilla being screwed when my dark elf enchanter zoned through freeport and got caught by a guard with my illusion down. Right now I'm playing a good character so its no big deal, but I'm curious why it was deemed necessary in the first place.