Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

khysanth posted:

I recently reinstalled for Velious (after not logging in since 2012) and found my 60 Cleric stripped of all droppables. GMs said they were traded to some guy named Datlife, eventually they went through Platlord (who is now banned I guess). They can't recover any of the items since they are still in the economy somewhere. Apparently this happened in Jan 2014.

Here are the transactions straight from the GM logs:

Don't think I'll ever bother playing the cleric again. What a shame. Leveling up a wiz now...

e- would kill for some info if anyone happens to know anything. The only people who MIGHT have had my login info were TR/IB officers from ~2011-2012 era. I don't know who were big RMTers back then, Kinsawt maybe? Even if I found out I'll never get the items back though.

The exact same thing happened to me too. I lost all my plat but I got all my items back.

I dont know why it would have been different for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Ramulack posted:

A raid guild may accept your 52 Wizard since they are generally a sought after but less played class.

You could probably get in any raiding guild but Rampage. I bet Forsaken is desperate enough to get numbers, they will take a 52 as well.

But then you would be in Forsaken and no one should be so desperate.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Anyone else feeling the Velious pain at level 60? I've died so many times I nearly lost the level.

Yeah im down 35% on my monk and 20% on my shaman. Both where maxed so its not a big deal but i'll end up having to done some exp or something.

Its tough to find the time though. The time I save to play I want to spend raiding not leveling up.

We ran some chardok groups to help warriors and monks get exp back so I think thats going to be happening more and more.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Pyrocat posted:

Oh hey Canna, didn't realize we had any other goons in the guild.

This is Parliement too ;)

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Bybus Slago posted:

Anyone familiar with any of the blue guilds? I started playing my 55 mage again, and I've had a couple people try to recruit me, but I'm not sure what any of the guilds are like. I don't really want to get into poopsock raiding, and my schedule can be rather erratic at times. Don't really want to join a guild with the wrong expectations.

Rampage is the top guild by a huge margin, the only guild in sleepers and gets the vast majority of top tier kills.

Forsaken, Asgard, Taken are basically the same guild right now combining forces to try and compete with Rampage. They get kills but have a history of raid suspensions and members being banned for trains and whatnot. These alliances never last long but it basically applies to all three guilds.

Divinity is a fantastic guild. They go back a long time and are probably one of the least controversial guilds on the server.

BDA/OMNI/Azure Guard are pretty casual but get lower tier boss kills.

Those are most of the bigger guilds unless I forgot anyone.

The only guilds that really poopsock anymore are Forsaken, Asgard, and Taken. They do it because it's the only way for them to compete with Rampage which basically forces Rampage to do it as well. There are a lot less things you can poopsock in velious but even so it wont last long. "FAT" members will burn out then stop showing up like what happened right after launch.