Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I'm attempting moolchaba's server as well. Just wanna explore the maps and bonk some gnolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
Do most people on TAKP run a three-box setup?

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
So I failed at making a private server, and made a little trio on TAKP, only one or two I'll play at higher levels. Not sure if a rogue, shadowknight, and shaman work well together, but I've mostly got the three big roles covered.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
If you're tracking TAKP folks, I'm Omarcomin, Wherewallaceat, and Gamebethegame as my SK, rogue, and shaman respectively. I added Meatza and Lorien to my friends list, I'll message you when we're both on next

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
Anyone here been playing on TAKP? I'd been really enjoying it, but hit a bit of a wall around 30 playing on my own

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he

shirunei posted:

Yeah I do! What is your char names? I will keep a look out, although I rarely play.

My trio is Omarcomin, Wherewallaceat, and Gamebethegame - you can guess what I was watching when I made the characters. Still haven't gotten them much past 30, though.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
For folks playing on TAKP, I'd be glad to group up and fart around, currently just about to hit 30.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I got a character (monk) to max level on Quarm, and have really enjoyed just wandering giant zones and crawling the out of the way dungeons. Hoping to get into raiding, anyone have recommendations for good guilds that don't require attendance for raids?

I was in a group where folks decided to get transphobic in chat while talking about the devs, which didn't sit well - would be glad to avoid that as much as possible.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I've got a 50 on quarm, but have only been on intermittently - mostly waiting for kunark.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
100k in plat seems absolutely insane to me - did you work the ec tunnel market? I think I've had over 1k plat on my monk once ever.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he

Flavahbeast posted:

I made ~15k farming giants while leveling, about 15k farming petrifin+shardwing before planes came out and another 15k or so farming djarn with small groups. Probably another 10-20k from random dungeon drops while leveling and flipping stuff in EC

These numbers have changed a lot with the economy, but before planes came out I mathed out rough plat per hour from some of the big cash camps:

Djarn was tops at 5700pp an hour (I dont think anyone is soloing this at 50. Very easy to wipe on the way in even with a full group, gnarly corpse retrieval if you do)
Froglok King + Tactician was second at ~3100pp (rarely camped and I've heard of enchanters soloing king, but their drops are Lore so you need to deal with that)
Frenzied ghoul was 1750pp (Regularly soloed by necros and I think enchanters, probably doable by shaman if you have a feign ring from Sky, not sure about mage, rare big money drop is Lore but his 300pp common drop is not, usually camped anyway)
Petrifin+Shardwing was 1680pp (Very easy to solo at 50 for a pet class, but this was only a good camp because most people didn't know where/how petrifin spawned, someone in my guild discord mapped the placeholders. Also very RNG dependent, Petrifin is the big money but is a very low spawn chance so you can get unlucky and never see him. Prices on these have crashed hard so don't even bother now imo)
Ghoul Lord was 1450pp
Assassin + Supplier was 1250pp (Not sure anyone solos these? Usually camped)
Froglok Noble was 790pp (pretty easy to solo on my shm, maybe close to giant money pre-planes since you'd be killing a lot of other frogs too, probably not worth now),

I was able to pull around 800-1300 raw plat an hour killing Rathe hill giants on my shaman if it wasn't ultra crowded, so when you factor in all the time it takes to sell stuff in EC thats probably always the way to go if you're not an elite gamer who can solo the king/tactician spawn, but I have no idea how crowded Rathe gets now

This is a super helpful writeup, thank you. I think the first thing I need to do is make a better soloing character, probably a pet class.

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
I've never looked into bards, I thought they were mostly just good at killing big groups in outdoor zones.
What makes them outdo necros, chanters, or mages? Pretty much all my knowledge of this game is from playing back in 2001 or so, and very fuzzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he
The last couple of days convinced me to make a bard and get it to 10 this weekend - aoe kiting is remarkably effective at killing hordes of crushbone orcs and also myself (mostly myself).

What I'm struggling to understand is how bards handle 1 on 1 fights, do they rely on charm later?