Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

As a human druid of Tunare, is there any reason I need high or wood elf faction? I've done the Felwithe portion of my epic. I want to quad/rot both race's guards, but am scared I'll permanently gently caress up needed faction for later quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I am still active, but not guilded. My alt syndrome is out of control to be guilded right now, no raid guild would take me. Currently playing my mage right now - if there was a shred of hope of ever getting him his epic I would main him.

Characters:

Saryon 52 wizard
Orolin 52 magician
Clearbrook 52 druid
Kahvi 51 rogue
Ghworg 46 warrior
Drace 45 Shadowknight
Dezlen 45 ranger
Ruana 24 cleric
Several others that I don't play often.

If you're new and need some buffs/starting plat hit me up on one of those characters.

Pratan fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 12, 2015

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Dirt posted:

Erudite necromancer is the best necromancer.

Paineel is awesome too because you can level from about 20 to the mid 40s just on the undead guards. And they drop about 12pp worth of stuff per kill, with no faction hits. When I played my necro I made like 5k going from 20 to 24 there. It's pretty boring though.

Whenever I get around to playing again I think I'm gonna roll an Erudite SK.

I wouldn't. My erudite SK just dinged 51, and it's been a struggle due to low STR and STA. The added mana is nice when you solo and fear kite stuff, but you'll really start to notice the hp difference between an Erudite and a troll or ogre. You will automatically win fashionquest though.

Any good places to ghetto fear kite my way up to 55ish? I was thinking high elf guards like a necro, but I don't have the cc that necros get. Looking for steady pulls similar to OT/DL.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

If you have mage/resist gear, my mage could use it.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Anyone got a spot for a 55+ magician to solo level? I should be good to 57 where I am currently at (Kelethin), but I'm looking to the future/whenever Kelethin gets packed. Pulls need to be steady, as I can currently kill 15-20 mobs before I need to med. I realize that will probably change soon.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Looking for the following magician spells. Shoot a tell to Orolin, Dezlen, or Clearbrook if anyone has or knows someone who has these. Try not to rape me on these, am fairly poor.

Call of the Hero
Burnout 4
Dyzil's Deafening Decoy
Muzzle of Mardu

PS goon who just started: been looking for you, hit me up when you are online.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

55 sucks. My mage is 55, and I'm not noticing a difference from 54. I was duoing with a 54 mage for 3 hours last night, and he was matching me in exp gains all night.

56 needs to be better with DDD.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

crew posted:

Unless of course you are a masochist like moolchaba. I dont have archives but he did a warrior solo from 1-60 and 99% into 60 too!

:negative:

I am currently leveling my second warrior solo. He is a halfling, 46 right now and wrecking face against hill giants in rathe mountains. No fungi, only an ikky BP, but decent gear overall. If I can continue to improve his gear I'll probably go to mid 50s solo. My first warrior is also 46, but is a troll and unpleasant to look at.

Speaking of gearing, my halfling needs jboots, and I'm too poor to buy them right now. How do you get the south ro AC to spawn? The oot spawn is always camped when I try, and I'm not wasting hours sitting there when I could be leveling.

I also soloed my rogue to 51, that was retarded fun. Intimidate is broken on a rogue.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Bybus Slago posted:

I spent a bunch of time doing the SRo AC thing, and its lovely. Its pretty common to have people park a character there, log on at the specific times he can spawn and try to snipe him, which happened to me after spending ~6 hours figuring out the placeholders and best times to kill things to maximize spawn chance. For the OoT spawn, you can usually ask whoevers doing it to put you on the list and go play an alt, and they can tell you when they're leaving. Granted that list can be several people long.

If you really want to try the SRo spawn, I can track down my notes and share them.

Yes please, I am leveling in Rathe Mountains, and don't mind running over to Sro to camp him. The few times I've tried camping the AC in Sro, there weren't many peeps there.

This is on blue.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

On a break for a bit. Mage is still 57, will probably come back in awhile and get him to 60, then get my lovely erudite SK to 60.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Never Been Banned posted:

Anybody on blue want to buy a Manna Robe for the one time low goon price of 150k? Looking to get rid of the drat thing fast so I can afford the gnarly price tag on a wavecrasher someone is holding for me for another 24 hours.

PM me here or send a tell to Tissamo if youre down to be my angel/release me from my tunnelquest.

Completely jealous of your robe. Hope you find a buyer.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Never Been Banned posted:

Thanks man. I'm so burned out on tunnelwanking that I'm auctioning the thing to pubbies for 150k now and still havent found anybody.

145k is now the goon special I guess.

If I had anywhere near that amount I would offer you a retarded lowball.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

As a barbarian shaman, you'll want to stay around Halas for the first 10 or so levels. There are no shaman trainers or spell merchants that will talk to you outside of FV.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

khysanth posted:

Ain't that the truth. I just got my War alt to 51 after soloing him from 1 --> 50 as a dumb dumb self-imposed challenge (thanks CoF and Fungi though).

I kind of want to continue AFK soloing him while I'm at work and stuff but don't really know where to go now.

I soloed a halfling warrior to 52 with worse gear than you have. You'll want a truncheon of doom for slows, it really saves on the dowtime. I stayed in DL, but you could probably do the lesser sarnaks, undead, and bees in burning wood along the DL zoneline.

I don't get the warrior solo hate. Yes, I wouldn't do it naked, or as a first character, but you can wreck things as a warrior from 1-45 fairly easily with 10-20k in gear. Crippling blows with a staff of battle or better turns mobs into paste quickly, bandage up to 50%, then pull another. I've done 3 warriors to 45 as I couldn't decide which race I liked best. 45-50, yes it sucks but still doable. After 51 gets really painful. Soloing at 52 in DL I was getting 2-2.5 blues an hour killing blue drolvarg ragers, brutes, and petrifiers. I've started grouping in KC due to bards taking all the DL mobs.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Communist Q posted:

Can you list where you solo'd as a rogue? I'm super curious how you managed to solo before instill doubt from 10 to 21.

Here is the path I took my solo rogue down. This was in kunark era.

North Ro then Oasis is super easy. Random wanderers in Ro, then low level caiman then crocodiles in Oasis. At most grab a partner, don't do a 6 man group there, the exp sucks that way. You can also do field of bone then Kurns 10-21. You will probably gain 2-3 levels a day this way. At 21-24/25 the orcs in Kith forest are great exp, and you can make money selling orc scalps. At 25 I went to EK and worked up intimidation on craig spiders until 28. It's not viable now, but I did 28-34 intimidating wooly mammoths in everfrost. LOIO seems like a decent a spot for those levels now. 34-41, pirates in FV. 41-45 I was in OT fear kiting berserkers and other mobs, and got my OT hammer for later. 45-48, hill giants in rathe mountains for money. I bought my epic at 48, then did 48-51 at the 2 wandering guards outside of Oggok for great exp, however you will need jboots or sow to do them efficiently. I stopped punching myself in the dick at 51 and grouped in KC to get my rogue to 53, although I would painfully solo stuff outside KC when the groups weren't biting.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Inimicul posted:

Anyone have a Clay Guardian Shield they want to sell?

I'll probably have to start browsing the EC threads because I'm not going to hang out there for days. :(

Use p99auctions.com instead while you play.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I have a 51 erudite SK. Piece of advice: don't roll an erudite SK. I'm rerolling due to being a loving erudite SK.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Siets posted:

Did they ever get around to nerfing Circlet of Shadow? Just curious.

Yes, it was nerfed on the last patch.

Anyone got a corroded plate helm or breastplate MQ for sale? My warrior needs to look spiffier.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

shirunei posted:

I have a bp any offer accepted as I have been unable to give the thing away. Your gems.
You can give to me, I will gladly take it off your hands. Otherwise 5k for the BP sound ok? I have the gems on me, and can get a ride to GD later tonight. I'll be on Thistledown around 6-7 est tonight. Can port you over and back on my mule also.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

As a wizzy, you can and should start quadding at 20. At that level you don't need a snare spell to kill stuff, only a sow. I highly recommend getting a flux staff to help pull. Hit me up on Thistledown after Tuesday of next week and I'll help you get one (currently on holiday).

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Looking for another thurg plate breastplate and/or legs MQ if anyone has one rotting in their bank.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Help fund a poor warrior/cleric. Donate to the Thistledown fund today.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Post your gear! I am trying to solo my 59 warrior to 60 but it is so slow. Raid exp is faster.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I thought I was good soloing a rogue to 52. Had an epic around 48 but no fungi. If I can get a fungi or mrylokar bp I might try again.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Still looking for a corroded breastplate mq (thurg) if anyone has one for sale cheap.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I've been on p99 for 2+ years now, and if they brought that poo poo back I would probably quit. Holy gently caress how did we play with that back in the day?

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Grouping as a wizard is flat out boring, especially if your group doesn't have any form of mana regen. I stopped playing my wizard at 55, as the 2 places I knew to quad at 55+ (raptors and suits in WL) were always camped.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Looking for an ancient coin from Kaesora if anyone has one rotting in their bank.

EDIT: And I got one immediately walking into Kaesora. Crazy.

Pratan fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 6, 2017

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Hey goon that soloed a rogue to 60, would you mind posting where you did it 50+? I finally got my warrior and bard to 60 and am looking for something to do in between raids.

Aoe-ing KC on my bard was hella fun. 54-60 went by pretty quickly.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Anyone have or know someone with a VS stone for the ranger epic they would sell fairly cheaply? I have an itch to finish my ranger epic.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Still playing mostly casual. Raiding every now and then. Would love enough to get my ranger his epic.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'm positioning my Ranger at the entrance tonight, thinking if it doesn't happen tonight ~9:30pm EST, I'll figure out an evening in November to try again.

Tower of Frozen Shadow is a good 30-50 dungeon, too.

I like the themed troll warrior gimmick. I've got a dungeon only cleric (21) I'm slowly working on.

Unrest->Crystal Caverns->Dalnir/ToFS-> 45

Does Qeynos sewers count as a dungeon? My cleric did the specs there from 41-47. Made a ton of cash on a solo cleric there.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

jymbojones posted:

So I've hit level 19 on my lizard monk and I've basically outgrown Kurns, so it's time to head to actual civilization (and start faction grinding so I can bank and stuff). There's a greater than 50% chance I'll gently caress up somewhere and die and need help tonight or tomorrow.

I didn't play classic much before Luclin so using boats and poo poo is a complete mystery to me.

This is going to be a disaster and I love it.

Stay in Kurns until 22-23. Crazy to leave earlier.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

If you hosed up your badger faction, then yes it is time to go.

OT can work 19-25ish. Then WW.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I am on the following characters (usually-I have sever alt-itis. I could be full NTOV geared in a raid guild if I could stick to one character).

Thistledown 60 warrior
Rihl 60 bard
Ruana 58 cleric
Kahvi 58 rogue
Dezlen 57 ranger
Orolin 57 magician
Saryon 56 wizard

And various other characters from 40-55 I am too lazy to list out.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Justaddwater posted:

:drat:

How are Rangers? Considering to roll one as an alt but do they need crazy twinking to be any decent?

They are second in terms of utility behind bards imo. In groups you can do everything-puller, tank, cc, dps, even limited healing against trash mobs. Tracking is an amazing ability, useful all the time. You do need halfway decent gear to solo anything, as rangers don’t have great defensive skills.

Mine has decent gear but no epic due to lack of a guild. I am really noticing the Dps loss when I solo at 57 compared to my epic rogue (who can solo well if she had a healing breastplate). Lack of epic is also hurting my grouping ability, as there are too many ranger twinks out there that are fully decked out compared to me.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

You can also do wood elf guards to 55. My wizard did guards until 55, then DL drolvargs to 56, then BW to 57. There are enough blues in BW to get to 60, the issue is finding and pulling them. I use my ranger to track and pull them, drag them back to a spot, snare then log out. It is so much easier than running the wizard around looking for mobs.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Herv posted:

I remember quadding the dorfs in the SE tunnels of great divide. Been like 15 or so years so I forget if I was doing them at 60 for AA's.

I tried those recently at 57, but couldn't reliably land snare, or full damage with pillar of fire. I'll try again at 58.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Dammit, I’m on vacation for the next 10 days with no access to my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

If you are taking requests, I'll take a while scale for bard epic. Or a pulsing green stone for ranger epic.