Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

If a gimmick group is starting up, I'm willing to step in. Have a 20 warrior I can use, or would be willing to roll up something different. Would this be naked fresh or somewhat decked out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this, but this kicks rear end.

https://github.com/nomns/nparse/releases

It has maps and a spell tracker without all the hassle of Gina.

Is this legal?

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Looking for a cheap Thurg plate BP MQ. Post here or find me on Saryon or Scathar.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Got a tracker for keys, Trakanon named cycle would be some gross upgrades into level 50. This is a level 40 quest and time would be better spent gearing up new players while they get into the mid-20s.

Najena is a fun key cycle, and there's a unique fight in the Rathyl room that I can lead a group on. 23 cleric LFG.

I have a Master Key to Tower of Frozen Shadow, and will take any level 25+ on a tour on Skullmonkey or Hoborg. I usually get bored by Vhal Sera, so I'd split floors 1-6 and floor 7 for separate adventures.

If you get bored enough, I have a baby enchanter that would love a robe from the boss on 7th floor of tower of frozen shadow. Can help camp with 60 warrior or bard, or 58 cleric. Also willing to help newbies get their feet wet with gear/spell money. Post here with names, I’m not usually on my higher level guys due to sever alt-it is.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Hey Gadock, thanks for the assist in TT. I got jumped by that named, was almost out of mana for fear kiting. Holler here if you ever need something.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Rand Ecliptic posted:

Hey guys, I posted this over on the P1999 forums, but I wanted to crosspost here (if that's alright) to get some Goon opinions as well :)

I really enjoy questing in EQ, even fairly inconsequential quests. I love running all over the world in search of quest components. I'm looking to roll a new character and am wondering what class(es) have the most quests, specifically class-specific quests.

It seems like Monks get a lot of quests and I know from Live experience that Paladins do too. Any other classes you'd add to this list?

Human cleric of Innoruuk should scratch that itch and take you about a year to finish.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Anyone soloed ice burrowers in WW before on something other than a charming chanter/Druid? I was thinking of using either a 60 bard to chant it to death, or a 55 Necro with a rogue pet and aggro kite it. I realize both will take awhile, but I’m fairly patient.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Meatgrinder posted:

What do you charm in WW as a druid to kill ice burrowers? Asking for a friend

Rhinos, mammoths, or hounds, then aggro kite the worm while the pet murders it.

I am mostly looking to kill these for a skin for my monk.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

The monk is only 47 and has terrible gear. My 58 rogue is mostly naked but has her epic and a decent offhand weapon.

WTB a wizard buddy to aggro kite these. Must have at least dubious CoV faction, j boots/sow pots, and a staff of temporal flux.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I'm 99% sure I have some on my wizard. Look for Saryon online tomorrow afternoon, or after 8pm Monday.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Save all spiderling silks, and low, medium, or high quality pelts you get in the newbie yard, I will buy them. I can also make cured silk for new monks. If you are new and are around Gfay, look for Scather murdering guards in Kelethin or Felwithe and I'll hook you up with starter money.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

If you can get to KC, you can have it. Peeps announce the rot all the time.

I have a couple pieces of trooper scale (for iksar warriors) if anyone wants them.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Thanks for the rez in Icewell. I forgot that I farmed dwarves for heads awhile ago on Orolin and was KOS still to Dain.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

acidblue posted:

How's the goon presence in this game? Is it worth starting from scratch right now?

Decent. Plenty of us will help you out to start. Send a tell to Sargon if you start up.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

retpocileh posted:

Any goons offering pleveling services? PM me.

What class, and from what level to what level, and how fast are you looking for this?

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

retpocileh posted:

Looking to get a necro from 6-36ish, ASAP. Looks like I can't PM you, wanna shoot me an email at s.bergman.trees@gmail.com ?

Sorry, I can't help ASAP, I'm fairly busy until Sunday. If you need help later, let me know.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Post a link to get this going....I need another addiction.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I love my ranger, he is by far my favorite character. He needs too much love/plat to stay viable though at 57.

That said, anyone up for doing +6 dragons this weekend? My monk needs a necklace, and I'm too poor to afford one right now. Can bring a 60 warrior, 58 cleric, or 57 monk.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I was in the Hole with some random aftermath peeps on Saturday, we did a trio at town entrance. Was an amazing time, great exp and decent loot.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

This is from a few pages back, but in terms of straight money farming, you can always do Paineel skeleton guards. You'd need to do some faction work in the Warren's to get in, but the guards are relatively easy and drop fine steel.

Take a night off from leveling, bind yourself in OT, and port from the ramp. You will make at least 500p a night.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Hey goon wizard, do you have your staff of temporal flux? If not I can help with this, it is essential for leveling. My wizzy is 59, and I can't imagine quadding without it.

I am looking for the 59 necro pet spell Emissary of Thule if any goons have a copy for sale.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Any goons available to kill Ulump Pujluk in Swamp of No Hope? I can bring a 60 warrior, 59 cleric, or 59 monk if needed. Should be single groupable. Druid needs an epic.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

I can help out as a 56 enchanter but since he’s unslowable and unstunnable And has very high MR, and also is only one level below me, I may not be that useful. I can charm Grik the Exile and do DPS though.

If you haven’t put out word in the discord yet, I’ll see if anyone else wants to come.

Ya I didn't post in the discord (not in this discord). Holler if anyone is bored enough to do it.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Posting for too many alts that need jboots. I'll dig in my bank for newbie stuff to give to newbies.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

dromal phrenia posted:

Hey all you people posting for the contest, start talking in the discord so it isn’t just 3 enchanters chatting all day every day!

And a Druid. And whatever gatmanno is.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Green is going to be the biggest loving shitshow in history, and I want no part of it. 2000 screaming neckbeards fighting over 12 mobs sounds like the opposite of fun.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Loan Dusty Road posted:

Man I miss my bard and disciple in Vanguard.

Bloodmage is the correct answer here. Though both were fun. Druids were really fun burst squishy damage too.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

suuma posted:

I think I read the largely inaccurate official Prima Games Kunark strategy guide more than I actually played EQ because dialup.

Same. That poo poo was hella wrong all over the place.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

cmdrk posted:

also prob have some cash for people playing on P1999 blue because I don't play there anymore.

I am always cash poor and am not above taking handouts.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Still going on blue. Currently 3 characters shy of having all classes 60, and 2 epics short of having them all.

Hit me up on Clearbrook if you are new and want/need some gear/starter money.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Bard and warrior. Both fairly obtainable. Mage epic was rough.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

There is no way they are going to merge blue and green. Instead of the shitshow that is blue raiding with 2-3 hardcore guilds with 3-4 smaller guilds picking up the scraps, imagine trying to herd another 5-6 guilds in that same space. While green appears to be cleaner/nicer/more polite than blue, that would quickly change on a merger.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Burt Gherkin posted:

I played all the way to endgame raiding on blue, even got myself a piece of vulak loot.

Here's what I learned:

Holy gently caress do not do endgame raiding. It is just an arms race of who has more free time. There are some seriously obsessive weirdos so keep it casual. I'd consider logging back in to give away my stuff but I can't even be bothered reinstalling.

The draft is fun (minus the VQ neckbeards complaining about it). There are chill "raid" guilds that do fun stuff and raid occasionally.

Am poor, will take any charity.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Easy to hammer to OT and get a port as well.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

shirunei posted:

i thought that was dumb expensive now

It’s roughly 4k instead of 2k nowadays.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

I really want to try a bone knight. It sounds insane and fun.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Apparition posted:

Out of curiosity how long would you estimate this has taken you?

I've been playing for about 6 years. I am not, at all, a hardcore raider. Probably only been raiding 2 years, and never in one of the top guilds.

I am missing warrior and bard epics, even though those were 2 of the first classes I got to 60. I'm in no hurry for these-I will let other people who main these classes get them first.

Mage epic is hella fun.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

shirunei posted:

The real question is how many guardian robes do you have? More than one is a mark of madness if there ever was,

2-one on iksar SK and one on human druid.

I've done 6 coldain shawls.

Help me.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Node posted:

That's impressive and nuts. How many collected days do you have throughout all your characters?

No idea. Don't want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

IMB posted:

Yeah probably best not to open that door

So I checked my post history in this thread, as this was where I found P99 after quitting FF14. I think it's been 8 years playing this. Judging by my first posts in 2015, it took me 2 years to get 2 characters to 60. My mage was my second character created, and he dinged 60 last year. Super casual here. I know guys that have leveled a new character 1-60 in 3 weeks. I am sure that bots in big guilds get leveled faster.