Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Are bards nerfed to poo poo like they were in SOD?

For reference:

You could only play two songs at any given time, so there was no stacking, it made being a bard suck. I might come to this server, if the bards are like, actual EVERQUEST 1 BARDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
I am completely interested but I am having trouble finding Titanium. I own all the expansions up to planes of power, will that work?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Thank you :)

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

While I'm downloading it, is there a heavy good presence on Red?

Also, what is the most important resist for PVP? SV Magic? I ask because bards can pick just about any diety and I notice there are some diety-specific items and I'm wondering what would be best in the long run?

MageMage fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 16, 2015

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Was going to make a character on blue to get a "feel" for it, and said gently caress it, and rolled on red. I rather be able to grief people.

I am in as Lahara on Red

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Come on! Bring out your inner warrior! GROWL!

Anyone on Blue who has expressed an interest in Red and are afraid of getting pked:

Well, you're gonna die... a LOT

The only thing they can take is your money.

So your phat lutes are safe

XP is crazy! I leveled to 12 in one night, 26 the next night, and I'm now 32.

I don't have a lot of money but if you're new and need directions or maybe a weapon go ahead and send me a tell, I'll help any way I can!

(Lahara)

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Hey Lahara, I enjoyed random bard porting you about in Mistmoore last night. Joined that guildy group at level 16 hitting reds, came out nearly 23 still hitting reds. Was a fun night.

(Toccata Fugue - Bard, Unfetereds Curse - Necro)

Haha this Bard right here. I cant wait to level with you around some lava or deep cliffs.

Everyone group with guy if you want something different :)

Dirt posted:

Hybrid XP penalty is still in, will be coming out in a few months I think. They are following "the official" Velious timeline. Basically just going by the patch notes from whenever Velious came out.

They're removing hybrid penalties on blue?

Well poo poo, why don't they just call red "Empire's Playground"?

MageMage fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 21, 2015

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

bard gear like nobody's business that no bards ever show up to and take maybe a half hour. I used to main a bard and I'm good at bard PVP so I can also answer any questions you have about the class/what and how to farm etc.

Dont give fat lutes to Toccatta he'll levitate it stuck on a tree or something lol

Now if you want a real irresponsible bard loving poo poo up just pass all that on down here :p

I have a PVP question -- is it possible to even win against twinks at lower levels? What is your tactic? Out twink?

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Thunderdome on red.

It's not a bad guild. Believe me, I rather be on their side. But drat, I wish it was a strict goon guild like the good ol' days.

For peats sake, the same people we are recruiting and helping level, are the same assholes who wait for us to report where we are leveling so they can log on to an alt _not_ in the guild so they can pk us. It's a vicious cycle!! If we have a problem with spies in the guild -- stop recruiting spies?? Right??? When mysterious people are on at 2am in the morning, shouting in ooc, "HAY IS THERE ANY OFFICERS ON THUNDERDOME" and they get in, who is the idiot recruiting them????

fe: On a side note, I just got up to banded armor in blacksmith. If anyone wants a deal on banded, send 'Lahara' a tell and say "GOONY GOON" for a special goon discount! I love you assholes!

MageMage fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Aug 31, 2015

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Swarm kite swarm kite swarm kite?

Swarm kite swarm kite, swarm kite swarm kite swarm kite!!!!!

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I cant swarm kite:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGK3KBd-aCs

On a side note, Waldo did it with grace, as an artist, with gentle strokes. he had 80 enemies on him at one point and didnt get hit once. Look at that perfect circle. I dinged twice in less than an hour. I'm up to 25 enemies but I still get smacked around a bit.

Also, I saw Flowers of Happiness on red. Is it anyone here?

MageMage fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 3, 2015

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Niedar posted:

I spent like 30 minutes coming up with this.

It basically just plots a curved dotted line from past locations. It doesn't have different colors and it doesn't show the /loc points that the line runs through right now but it could be useful. I made it use the 10 most recent locations but that could be something that could be configurable. Let me know if this is kind of what you were wanting and i can maybe work on it a little more and send the code to Pilsner if he wants to include it.

Does map data exist for great divide? If not, how can I put it in there?

e: Had a blast PLing the full group on red tonight. Thanks for sticking it out until 3am when there were only 70 people on the whole server :P

MageMage fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 4, 2015

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Hoppy Goodness posted:

Big thanks to Lahara on Red for letting me (Minamata) leech off the swarmkite clinic you put on. For the first time I have a character at level 50!

If anybody comes across Words of Grappling or Words of Acquisition (Beza) in their travels let me know!

I'm honestly considering starting a second bard just to help PL newcomers! That was a lot of fun and I gained 2 levels in like 4 hours? I wasn't as fast as some bards, but we got results for sure!

Also, I'm pretty sure I saw those words drop on a man o war. You might ask around the people who were in the group for them.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

e: nvm

MageMage fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 4, 2015

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Eerkik posted:

emailed to myself and I'll be playing sometime tonight after work! Today's perfect because tomorrow is my only day off for quite some time in the foreseeable future

I'm not on the mainland at the moment but if you come to red perminately I'll make you a set of banded :)

Send your forum name to "Lahara". I'm usually on much later.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Eerkik posted:

Holy poo poo I give up trying to get this to work tonight, error after loving error

Did you follow the instructions on what to do after you install it? Some files have to be deleted/replaced.

Did you use power ISO or something like that to mount a virtual drive and install it?

Did you patch it? If so, reinstall it.

Also, install it in ANYTHING but the program files folder. For some reason applications cant edit files in newer versions of windows, so install it in C:/games or something.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Eerkik posted:

I followed the instructions, I just keep getting errors but I installed to program files and that's the latest hangup. I've installed twice now, first time I think I almost had it working but I didn't have the eqclient.ini for osme reason file

The eqini file will appear the first time you log in. If you installed it in c:/program files, it will never appear, and you must reinstall it in C:/games or something. Also, try running it on Windows XP compatability.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

To the people going "nnnnngh this is why red sucks", you sound like wussies. Red hasn't talked poo poo about blue, so that's what I'm doing. You're sweating fear so much I can smell it from here, like smell-o-vision! Either play red, or dont. Nobody wants to hear (perfectly justified reason #X).

SO! As a public service, to quell those fears, here is how bad you get PKed: http://www.r99pvp.net/showplayer.php?p=Lahara

I'm level 45 now, and I've only been killed once every 5 levels. Every time an ambush. I never successfully ran away from a pvp encounter (even as a bard).

Basically, stop being scared, and when that double xp weekend happens, a full group on red will bring you 600% xp. So come on down and try it out! Pks aren't as common as you think, it's not just a clusterfuck (well, maybe on Sunday nights) and 99% of them are pretty respectable about it.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Shameless plug: <TMO> is looking for 50+ members on the red server who are interested in raiding. We've been silently doing our thing behind the shadows letting the server think we're dead, but we've repaired our relationship with empire and are fielding solid numbers and beginning to work on new content. We could really use a goddamn shaman (I don't think we have a single shaman that isn't an alt) we're low on wizards, and more clerics/rogues are always top priority, but every class is welcome. !!we are no longer only running raids that gently caress over tunare faction classes!!

On another note, if there's any goons who play on Red who I don't already know about, you should come out of the woodwork and send me a tell on Anime. Especially if you were in <SLAMDUNKATRON> (I'm Hardon Collider)

If you need help raising levels so you can qualify to join TMO/Empire so you can shamelessly PK Thunderdome via spying on their guildchat, Thunderdome WANTS YOU!

a real jerk posted:

is there such thing as an everquest speedrun? obviously there's no real ending other than when you get bored, but I think you could define categories to race towards.

tl;;dr i like eq and i like speedruns

necro%

A bard can technically start swarm kiting at level 2, and is insanely fast.

MageMage fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 30, 2015

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

FranktheBank posted:

Aw yiss. I have to get out of Dreadlands though. I dc'd in a Chardok group (very sad, amazing xp) and basically had to strafe run out of BW with Sarnaks chasing me.

We missed you Frank! We missed you and we waited!!! And then I literally ended up in a group with 2 bards and 2 clerics with no tank and ended up logging :(

-Lahara

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

FranktheBank posted:

OMG I've literally been waiting all day for you to log in so I could apologize! I was so pissed. My kid knocked the router off and it was a pain to get it back on. Took almost 2 hours =(

That group was so good too.

It's funny because the warrior literally said "I bet frank kicked the internet cable when going out for a cigarette".

No worries, I'll be around :P

FranktheBank posted:

Trak are super contested.

If I remember correctly there is "Trakanon" and then there is "Bard Epic Trakanon" which is spawnable using the undead bard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

Summit posted:

Anyone around on red that can port me from Qeynos area to Gfay? While the threat of PVP is a real concern I'm not sure how much longer I can stand the isolation. (char name Velras)

Edit: Managed to beg one off a Wizard camping Haden!
Edit2: Welp, when I got to CB it was empty

Join Thunderdome, it's like, the best guild to slide into red with. Tons of druids on there to port guildies for free to hook you up with groups.