Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Smedley is probably going to be looking for some work here shortly based on how the Everquest Hero's Song kickstarter is going...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Reinstalling for some dumb reason. Maybe I'll powerlevel some peeps.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Finally logged back on and my 53 Shaman was in OOT. Killed about 10 seafuries. Place is still packed. Would love to try and get back into the game, actually get to 60 and get my epic since I never did in live (quit during Kunark). Dunno how feasible it is unless I just stay in OOT until 60 since I suck at soloing anything remotely difficult. Prior to quiting a couple years ago I remember trying to solo in COM which went OK until I would inevitably run out of mana or get an add or something that set me back to square one. I'd prefer to duo with someone, but finding groups in this game always seemed to take an hour or two, and thats usually how much time I have to play in a session these days.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Same name in game. Hit me up.

This sounds super fun. I've never been to the hole. going to look up how to get a key.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 14, 2016

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Pillow Armadillo posted:

55 Wizard available. Been scheming a way to get a key to the Hole and tear it up down there.

Dirt posted:

I have a hole key! If you can root adds we can duo that poo poo easily! The adds are the only thing stopping me from soloing there. You get 2-3 adds pulling the first elemental every time, and Mages have zero crowd control. But I can summon weapons for the pets that proc DD vs Summoned(elemental) and I get crazy good mana efficient nukes vs summoned stuff.

My pets can wreck those dumb elementals. There is like ~10 mobs right at the entrance on ~12 min spawns, they all drop loam stuff and gems(I want a Loam robe so bad!). Killer loot and a big ZEM there. My pet + plus your roots and the random ice comet = easy xp and loot. If we get that Shaman guy to tag along it would be hilariously easy.

You guys going to be on tonight? I'll jump on if so.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
If you get going hit me up in game (same name) and I'll power level you through the beginning levels if you can catch me free.

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Would still love to try the hole out if anyone else is up for it.

Also, is there a guild that would be best if I want to try and get my epic? Not looking for a crazy raid guild, but one that does a lot of group stuff.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 23, 2016

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Thanks for the link. Not looking for handouts but just wanted to see who was viable that also wasn't hardcore.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Orange Red Bull posted:

Azure Guard and Europa come to mind as reputable non-hardcore guilds

Thanks for this as I've joined Azure Guard and they seem great so far. Super friendly group, and outside of raid targets they do a lot of greed only stuff and will force non-members to roll on gear. Picked up a corroded breastplate last night and got my invite after we wrapped up. Nothing like picking up some good loot to really get you back into the game! Might be able to afford a fungi once I sell this BP....

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Anyone interested in swapping power leveling? 55 Shaman here.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

As has been mentioned? Why do you have to be a dick to such a simple question. All I asked was "does it really take that long?" and all you have to say is "yes killing flurry drakes takes very very long".

No, it wasn't mentioned. We brought up racing for FTE on the last page, and nobody said anything about how long it took to clear trash. Which is why I asked. Jesus.

Ran out of coffee this morning? All of that was literally mentioned on this page.

Raiding is dumb on this server anyways, so someone should PL some alts with me! I'm looking to level a ranger and rogue. As a Shaman, I can PL melee characters the best usually. Mages and Necros are good too. Basically I'm good at keeping you alive, haste, and nuking poo poo down past 50%. I can also loan out haste gear during sessions.

Speaking of haste gear. Why does it seem Silver Chitin Hand Wraps are so much cheaper than FBSS? I see the SCHW going for 2.5k and FBSS for 4k in EC lately. I'm picking up a pair of the hand wraps for each of my alts, but the pricing just doesn't make sense to me.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 26, 2017

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Quote the post then :v: no, it was not.

100% Dundee posted:

Clearing the trash is useless and a waste of time. Using this method most of the guilds probably have the dragon dead within 10-15minutes after they get FTE I'd imagine. Unless they are intentionally waiting to troll the other guilds.

But your probably right. The nicest and most helpful dude in this thread is a dick.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Both of those posts were prior to aparmenideanmonad saying 'as has been mentioned' (because they were mentioned before his post), which is what you tripped out on.

Sorry random people on Something Awful Dot Com aren't spoon feeding you info the exact way you want it. Maybe ask your parents.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 28, 2017

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I think there are a decent amount of us still playing but spread out among various guilds. I believe the goon guild usually has a handful of people in it, but someone actually in the guild could answer that better.

Too bad we can't have chat channels that we could create in game. A goon one would be awesome.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Post your in-game name if you want a guild invite.

Heh, is this like when you go on a tinder date and the person is way more grotesque that the pictures lead on and you walked out as soon as you saw them at the table from across the room?

Goons.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Getting power leveled in EQ was always more rewarding that any piece of loot to me.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

moolchaba posted:

If you want to be and remain single, I suggest soloing a rogue or warrior to 60.

Ahem

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
It will also depend on the groups you get into. If you avoid pushing the limits / hard camps it should be easy mode for any caster. Just stick to easy camps / good groups and bail as soon as they try to replace the tank with one 5 levels lower.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Stories from live are the best. Prekunark I was on a public Vox raid. White dragon scale dropped and I had the highest roll up until the zone crashed. Lucky a IRL friend was on the raid and I called him up and had him vouch for my roll instead of everyone rerolling and a few more people got their rolls in and I won.

That game may have ended up ruining that relationship though.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Dirt posted:

Use the Inn in east freeport!

I did that once, and ended up stealing 800k worth of poo poo from Aftermath, because they decided to have a recharge party when I was there.

edit: ps I don't play anymore. I still have some expensive poo poo to give away. Caiu get's my stolen Bladestopper. Who else still plays? I have a bunch of random expensive poo poo to give away still.

I've been a filthy casual since this sever started but am still kicking around. I'd be happy to take anything off you, but I'm sure there are more regulars that could put stuff to better use. Same name in game if you're tooling around.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I can help you get more use out of your socks if you'd like. Where is your monk and what name?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Oh man, this thread. I just went from getting ready to reinstall and jump on my teen necro to realizing I have 2 new borns and hahahaha.

Aparmenideanmonad, I imagine your kids are quite large now from when this server kicked off, assuming I remember correctly. What was your trick?!

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Hey aparmenideanmonad, what was your new born solo wizard guide? Thinking I may give it a try but not sure if it is adaptable to twins haha.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Haven't played much of Velious before, but rogues can still get the dark elf mask right? That was the reason I always went barb.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

wazu posted:

Go to game options/display and “load skin” Duvai. Helps in a lot of small ways.

What client is that on? I'm running titanium and don't see a load skin option.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Just ask goons for help.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Ruggan posted:

I know this thread may be biased, but is P99 somewhat friendly and decently populated

I'd say its heavily populated for an emu of its age. It's very friendly for new people.

Ruggan posted:

am I going to basically be better off punching myself in the dick than playing?

You might want to use a hammer

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
It's gonna take you 2 weeks to get to level 5, so probably should pass.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

FayGate posted:

Not sure how I'm gonna go about it quite yet although I have a few ideas and enough 60's to make it be a long , long time before Core will be killing any dragons harder than a +6 WW.

I hope it was worth it. I know this is gonna be fun for me but perhaps not you.

Woah. Didn’t know teenagers still played this. This thread has been loving awesome for my self esteem.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Hexel posted:

Does anyone outside of major corporations still run their own servers these days? I thought everyone was on amazon cloud services.

Doesn't walmart run their servers on Amazon? lol

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

frest posted:

I'll admit it: I don't get it. What is the appeal of RMT for this poo poo.

Back when I played DAOC, I sold people some artifacts when ToA was the new hotness. They didn't want to do the PVE and used the artifacts to RVR. While me personally, I prefer to "play the game as intended," at least I understood that motivation. Same with people wanting to buy loot rights on WoW raids in order to have weapons for PVP or whatever.

What is the motivation to purchase endgame MQs or high-end items for this server? Rush to 60 and have all the best-in-slot... to ... ??

Your talking about adults mostly in their mid 30s playing 1999 Everquest for hours and hours a week.

Hope that helps.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Anarch posted:

That's usually assigned to the worst/afk bard. The fact that you routinely ask to do it is quite telling.

Sounds right up my alley.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
I'd say don't min max if you've never played this game before and go with something that will be easier to get around. So Human monk, barbarian Shaman. You'll start close together and have the largest access to cities and factions.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Which server

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Relayer posted:

p99 is pretty much as classic as it can be given the technology, but also they have this dilemma of a change being classic "in spirit" or strictly classic in a literal sense. Like in classic before everyone was obsessed with min\maxing, there were regularly multiple groups in temple of cazic thule. Today it's a ghost town. If they made some change to the loot table there, or got rid of some of the pain in the rear end cleric mobs, and that got people to actually go there regularly, would that be more classic or less classic? Kinda both.

In that vein, should everyone have to connect a USB breathalyzer and blow a .12 at least to replicate being a dumb teenager when logging on?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
It's cool, I was just making a joke. I really don't care about the minutiae of "classic"

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Alt Tab would make the game quit lol

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

please knock Mom! posted:

Eq1 casters are easier since you only have to manage 8 spells at a time

Alternatively, EQ casters are harder since you are forced to manage only 8 spells at a time.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Zodium posted:

everquest is just mass multiplayer online fisting

FTFY

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Goast posted:

"true" classic is basically impossible to implement anyway because there is a surprising amount of missing info

all the complaints about p99 not being classic enough never mention being able to alt-tab or your spell book not having to cover the entire screen to meditate i wonder why

I’ve seen all of those specifically mentioned many times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Goast posted:

i didnt think any of those people were legitimately complaining about those features missing

I mean we are talking about the spirt of classic EQ right? People also don’t bitch about all the classic stuff that actually sucks from classic.

Personally I think removing alt tab would be loving amazing.

Loan Dusty Road fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 7, 2019