Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Looks like you can't spam "join red" in the blue server chat forum. Hurr hurr I'm going to troll you into wanting to play pvp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I think 1-2 months is generous for permadeath server. Really, we are talking more like 1-2 weeks before the population levels out at 50-70, tops.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Oh hell. I'll probably give discord a try and team up with you guys. It will be fun for at least a few days, maybe a even a week.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Why the hell would he play on red?... I mean bring drugs to asia.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

that stuff doesn't even have stats!

Gear on Red doesn't have stats. It's part of the price you pay for the exp bonus.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I logged my 60 wiz to get the cobalt scar key and the velious portal spells... decided to run back up the CS tower to key back into Skyshrine. Ran into the wyverns not realizing my invis was down, no sweat, I'm just gonna key in...wait where is my loving key... check bag 1, check bag 2, ....LOADING PLEASE WAIT.

I purposely ate the exp loss to teach myself a lesson... which is don't play this game.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
If anyone needs an invite to UG on blue server, I'll be on tonight with either Sirduh or Sirelk.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Illtair. I'm playing a lot more since December. If you hand off guild leader to me (my wiz), I can officer tag a bunch more guys in case of invite requests (we've had a few just this week).

When I get done playing this bard, I'm going to make a rogue and level him completely solo and untwinked just like I did with the warrior. So excited. That should take a few months.

I'll toss guild lead back to you before I take my next break.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
No no, he wants to smoke a blunt so large he has to hold it with 2 hands.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Sorry, too busy trying to figure out passwords for all these R99 accounts. MUAHAHAHAHA.

Oh who am I kidding, it's R99... no one gives a flying flip.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Big patch today. Velious helm graphics are in.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2178785&postcount=1

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 31, 2016

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Telltolin posted:

i'd like to get in on the goon guild, my highest char is Tolin, 18 necromancer. i also got a level 12 warrior Fawzi,

Just do a /w all "unknown guild" and ask for an invite. Most the guys have officer status and can tag you.

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 9, 2016

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
We are doing Tower of Frozen Shadow tonight... in a short while actually. Need tanks 45+ and maybe a chanter and cleric and something besides all these necros, druids, whatevers.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Our "raid" is on. http://www.twitch.tv/mookc

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I recommend Druid, Enchanter, Shaman, Necromancer, Magician in that order.

You must have a druid main character and also live in a world of lies.

We need more wizards because you retarded druids can't TL me to bind point.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

On that note, my rogue solo project is going decent. I'm 8 weeks in and already level 47. My guy is completely untwinked, unlike some other heathens.

I'm also not using the bind wound macro during combat. I did use it for a few early levels, but it was making things too easy.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Communist Q posted:

Can you list where you solo'd as a rogue? I'm super curious how you managed to solo before instill doubt from 10 to 21.

Relayer posted:

What are you soloing on an untwinked rogue at level 47 if you don't mind me asking?

1-8 in Steamfont from the newbie area until I maxed out on the kobold camp.

8-13 in Butcherblock various mobs, bats, lower goblins, etc.

13-14 in West Commons doing large spiders and wisps (some wisps would kick my rear end and I'd have to zone them). Did lightstone quest in SRO after killing wisps for nice exp and 9.5 plat per Giant Lightstone and +Dark Elf faction

14-27 in North Karanas killing willowwisps and doing the lightstone quest. Killing lions and beetles etc. Avoiding griffons and scary fast things. The leveling here is super fast, lightstone quest is ridiculous exp.

27-41 in South Karanas doing Aviaks of various types and I a little in LOIO for some Kunark flavor, but ended up going back to Aviaks. I used the bind wound macro from low 30s up to 37 and then stopped using it. It was making things way too easy.

41-47 started in FV, but the mob ghosting since patch was making that zone worse than it should be so I moved over to OT and had a much easier time of things by killing (Thorny Succulants, Stoneleer Chickens, Berzerkers) . I'm agnostic so I can bank in OT. Sarnak Berzerker war braids are great exp too and quickly (30 turn-ins) got my faction for the OT hammer (which I have but won't proc till 50).

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My girlfriend and I recently got ported to unrest to run laps around the fountain and prove we were both there, they definitely test now and then.

Cool. What's his name?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

lemonslol posted:

Since so many blue players are too scared to come on red

When it comes to ordering a pizza, I choose Mancino's over Little Caesar's. Sure, Little Caesar's is cheap at half the price, but it tastes like cardboard covered in pan grease. It's not an issue of me cowering in fear from the atrocious thing they call a pizza, it's more because I'm not going to waste my time on a lovely experience when their are much better alternatives.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

aparmenideanmonad posted:

That said, there's quite a few Velious content and mechanics patches left, so I wouldn't expect P99 green or whatever they end up calling it anytime soon.

I just need them to patch in the unrest npc so I can complete my Brell's Blessed Stout summoning neck piece. Then, game over.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I traded one terrible game for another. I'm trying out Eve again.

Just taking a short break from EQ.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
25% exp bonus till July 5th.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Finally got the Pegasus Feather Cloak on a whim last night.

I grouped with a bard needing the cloak in South Karana and sat on a spawn point while he killed ph. This time, I brought many sacrifices to appease whatever horrible offense I had committed to prevent my ownership of this esteemed clicky. I dragged every avocet, archer, courser, bull elephant, lion, etc., and massed their corpses on my spawn camp.

After about 30 min Quillmane spawned, obviously moved by my grand slaughter. Cloak dropped, but I rolled a 27. More death was required.

We had a shaman join to sit on another spawn point. 15 minutes later, after I had doubled the carnage of sacrifice, she spawned again and this time the group decided to let me loot the cloak because they realized my /random was cursed to all hell. When I went to loot the corpse, it was glitched and I couldn't access it. The game was showing me one location, but the actual corpse location was several yards away and no amount of /loot spamming would work. I quickly relogged with a few min left and was able to take that elusive cloak into my possession.

Then we decided to test and see how generous the RNG would be if we tried spawning another Quillmane for our shaman friend. Less than 10 minutes later another Quillmane spawned out of the mass of dead bodies at my spawn location and it had... another cloak. 3 Quillmane spawns, 3 cloaks.

My apologies to the guy who's getting nothing but pants for the next 30 spawns.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm doing Seafuries now. That's me between his toes.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Still soloing. Double backstab is a com'n.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

DeathSandwich posted:

Anyone able to sound off on demand for Clerics vs Shamans currently?

Shaman's can solo pretty well and Clerics are more group dependent. It depends on your play style.

If I had neither class, I'd go with Cleric. But you gotta do what ya gotta do.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I can tag you tonight sometime after 7pm ET. I'll be on Sqid, just msg me.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Got my beer replicator. drat thing only procs one beer at a time. It's supposed to give me a full stack per click.

CAN THESE DEVS DO ANYTHING RIGHT??!!!!????

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

cmdrk posted:

oh my god, the guy finally spawns in Unrest?

Yup. He was spawned next to the standard ghoul spawn in the red couch room on the first floor. I didn't have to camp him.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

MoosinRound posted:

When I log into my account it tells me to visit the forums and get the latest files, except when I click the link in the Getting started thread, it gives me a dead link. Does anybody know where I can find the latest updates? I played before Velious update.

Try using the one linked here (latest one v43). http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2353085&postcount=1

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
No. But you can get an invite to our underwhelmingly attended guild.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
That's it. I quit.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
There's more than a few of us on at some point during the day. If you can't find someone to invite you, just bump this thread with your character name.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Pilsner posted:

I solo'd a Monk from 1-50 untwinked

Solo to 60. C'mon man!

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I'm pretty sure moolchaba did this with a warrior and a rogue (both harder/more boring) on P99 because he hates himself and that's his idea of fun.

I'm currently 58 on my rogue. I HATE YOU AND MYSELF!!!!

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I never used the bind wound during combat trick with my warrior. He had the evasive discipline that recycled pretty fast and a huge hp pool, it wasn't really needed (but I did have to run from mobs at times, bind wound after getting enough distance, and then re-engage).

I did use the bind wound during combat trick with my rogue from my mid 20s until I hit 30s. I decided that it was a bit too easy and stopped using it; I couldn't be certain if it was classic or not. When I was soloing seafuries (starting at 54), I had to run about 40% of the time and bind wound, but it got easier once he had the money saved up to buy the fungi.

There was a thread about soloing a rogue to 60 and pretty much everyone said "can't be done." Hahahahahahaahahahahahaha. I'm retarded enough to prove them wrong.

Also, there is a way to strafe and get off backstabs on mobs that I solo. I finally got it to work last night after someone got on my stream and told me about it. I have no plans to rely on it, but it's fun to do once in a while. It's taking advantage of how this server works, a slight delay when a mob hits you that prevents them from instantly facing you if you strafe quickly.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

It's going too fast.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm copying this from my Twitch bio.

Current Weapons
  • Small Dragonbone Shard 13/26
  • Blood Point x 2 10/21 Effect: Siphon
  • Locustlure 8/17 Effect: Walking Sleep
  • Glaive of Marltek 5/24 Effect: Snare
  • Serrated Bone Dirk 8/27 Effect: Engulfing Darkness
  • Summoned: Throwing Dagger 6/36 (Ammo slot)
  • 10 Wooly Spider Silk Net (3 charges of Ensnaring Roots)(I finally got these at level 58.)

Current Armor
  • Cougar Claw Earring x 2 (AC 4 STR +3 DEX +2)
  • Spider Fur Collar (AC 10 STR +7)
  • Sarnak-Hide Mask (AC 6 STR +5)
  • Icepaw Skull Helm (AC22 STA +5)
  • Velium Fire Wedding Ring x 2 (AC 6 HP +65)
  • Crystal Chitin Armplates (AC 18 STR +5 STA +5 HP +10)
  • Mrylokar's Vambraces (AC 18 Effect: Strength of Earth)
  • Silver Chitin Wristbrand x 2 (AC 15 STR +7 DEX +7 HP +40)
  • Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (AC 5 Haste 22%)
  • Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons (AC 9 STR +5 STA +10 AGI +9)
  • Cloak of Shadows (AC 12 DEX +13)
  • Fungus Covered Scale Tunic (AC 21 Effect: Fungal Regrowth)
  • Spider Fur Belt (AC 10 DEX +5 AGI +5 HP +40)
  • Matchless Dragonleg Breeches (AC 26 DEX +13 STA +9)
  • Barbed Dragonscale Boots (AC 19 STA +9 HP +30)
  • Idol of the Thorned (AC 10 STR +7 STA +10)

Weapons below used from level 25 through late 30s
  • Crystalline Spider Fang 10/22
  • Jagged Chokidai Spine 9/25
  • Dragoon Dirk (in range slot)
  • Embalmers Skinning Knife (procs bandages)

Armor below used from level 25 through late 30s
  • Golden Topaz Earring x 2 (AC 3)
  • Sebilite Scale Neckguard (AC 8)
  • Sarnak-Hide Mask (AC 6 STR +5)
  • Icepaw Skull Helm (AC22 STA +5)
  • Velium Fire Wedding Ring x 2 (AC 6 HP +65)
  • Azure Sleeves (AC 12)
  • Sebilite Scale Bracelet x 2 (AC 9 STR +4)
  • Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (AC 5 Haste 22%)
  • Crested Spaulders (AC 11 STA +6)
  • Cloak of the Ice Bear (AC 8 HP +10)
  • Beer Stained Coldain Tunic (AC 12 STR +5 STA +5 HP +15)
  • Mountain Death Belt (AC 8 HP +25)
  • Sebilite Scale Leggings (AC 16 STR +4)
  • Black Ice Boots (AC 21)

Hunting Grounds
  • Level 1-8 in Steamfont from the newbie area until I maxed out on the kobold camp.
  • Level 8-13 in Butcherblock various mobs, bats, lower goblins, etc.
  • Level 13-14 in West Commons doing large spiders and wisps (some wisps would kick my rear end and I'd have to zone them). Did lightstone quest in SRO after killing wisps for nice exp and 9.5 plat per Giant Lightstone and +Dark Elf faction.
  • Level 14-27 in North Karanas killing willowwisps and doing the lightstone quest. Killing lions and beetles etc. Avoiding griffons and scary fast things. The leveling here is super fast, lightstone quest is ridiculous exp.
  • Level 27-41 in South Karanas doing Aviaks of various types and I a little in LOIO for some Kunark flavor, but ended up going back to Aviaks. I used the bind wound macro from low 30s up to 37 and then stopped using it. It was making things way too easy.
  • Level 41-47 started in FV, but the mob ghosting since patch was making that zone worse than it should be so I moved over to OT and had a much easier time of things by killing (Thorny Succulants, Stoneleer Chickens, Berzerkers) . I'm agnostic so I can bank in OT. Sarnak Berzerker war braids are great exp too and quickly (30 turn-ins) got my faction for the OT hammer (which I have but won't proc till 50).
  • Level 47-49 I was having severe issues because rogues have a low hp pool. Mobs were sending me running for zonelines (strafing of course). I had to rely on North Karana to farm plat, by killing Hill Giants, Griffons, and wisps for the lightstone quest. It took me 2 weeks and I was able to raise 10k for my +5 regen bp (partially helped by a few Swarm Mother kills that netted me things like a blue diamond). I was also able to raise 2.2k to buy the two Blood Points and another 1.4k for a Locustlure. These items combine to help make it possible for me to kill low blues.
  • Level 49-54 Dreadlands killing occasional blues and greens that give exp (light blues). Hitting level 50 opened up better innate hp regen and also allowed me to use blood points for the siphon effect (80 HP life drain). These are important to my ability to solo, and even allow me to kill low blue mobs pretty consistently.
  • Level 54-56 Ocean of Tears killing Seafury Cyclops. This was a camp I had to take up in order to save up enough money for a fungi tunic. It took me roughly 7 weeks to save up enough plat. I also stayed here to earn money for other expensive armor items (ie Matchless Dragonleg Breeches, Silver Chitin Wristband, etc).
  • 57 The Wakening Land killing Tar Goos.
  • 58-59 The Wakening Land killing Geonids and Tar Goos (some still blue even at level 59). South Qeynos bank guards (bye bye Banker faction).

moolchaba fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 12, 2016

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
My plan is to kill something difficult for my last kill to get 60. Maybe one of the gate guards somewhere (make it Iksar to up the challenge).

The way things are rolling, that could be by this weekend.

Now if you will excuse me. It's 4 o'clock and I must grind.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
The warrior was much easier. This rogue solo project has been a humdinger of a challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Siets posted:

Mool, out of curiosity what is the /played time on Sqid? I think his journey serves as a nice benchmark. Really cool posts. :)

All I can tell you is that I started my rogue on January 22nd of this year. The /played doesn't work on p99 (it used to, and then it got brokeded).

I'm already at 65%.