Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I don't know what he expects to happen. Everything he posts gets taken down.

This is on a supposedly free from moderation Reddit so I suspect it'll be up long enough to actually save / read. Now, what he expects to gain from this is what I dont know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
My rogue is almost level 60 now. The next character I ever get serious with will not be a class that is completely group dependent. I am pretty much done with PUGs / Pubbies.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Speaking of bad pubbies, lookout for this gem of a level 57 Paladin. Needless to say the group didn't hold together very long once he replaced our tank.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

lemonslol posted:

Not saying I sympathize this guy, because I play a warrior who is relatively under geared and I know what it's like when you turn that mob and three rogues back stab it and it turns around. Is there a chance that perhaps he is casual and under geared not just bad?

Warrior is indeed difficult, espcially if under geared. As a warrior you have only your weapon, (hopefully) procs and a taunt skill to keep agro.

As a knight you are the supreme god of taking agro quickly via low level quick casting spells. The dps a knight class does is fairly irrelevant to keeping the mobs attention.

I understand if theres a learning curve or whatever, but by level 57 you should know how your class works (unless you were powerleveled / rmt'd i guess).

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Found out last night that as a Necro you can cancel magic yourself to remove the debuff on your heal over time spells. So basically, you can keep the tank perma-healed for 10 mana + the 30 mana cancel magic uses.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Anarch posted:

That's why we make great side healers.

Yeah, I am defiantly sold on this. I group with a static group of guys I used to play live with back in the day and until last night they saw my Necro as nothing more than a twitch and /pet attack bot.

Granted, I know in a raid setting prolonging the CH chain is the best a necro can do in the heat of the fight but in a small / group setting these heals really rival the best in game.

Edit: Yes, I can see this not being classic, I am surprised I havnt seen more necros exploiting this. Its so broken. You can keep a 125hp / tick on a tank (+ Chloro or Regrowth) pretty permanently.

Ramulack fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 19, 2016

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Man, at first it was kind of cute but this is pretty ridiculous. The guy obviously has issues that requires professional help.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Do you guys think that nefarious EC / Gfay spammer on blue is Greengrocer? Someone in my guild who claims to be in the know had this to say:

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Blue server is still well populated. Keep in mind due to its age it is pretty heavy with level 60s and twink alts. That being said, there are people who are returning to the game every once and awhile. I come across legit newbies pretty frequently (this also includes people completely new to the game). Despite how rabid the forums seem the community Is fairly nice overall.

As a newbie you'll want to save up bonechips as necros will often buy in bulk and offer 10pp a stack. Low end gear is pretty affordable in EC tunnel to get you started up.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
So I camped to AC for maybe 3 hours before work in OOT. No Dice.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Tibmit (gnome necro)

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Duxa is great, I have been using it for quite awhile.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
The raid scene is disgusting. But for blue 99, that's a known fact.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

pepito sanchez posted:

I joined Anonymous from the goon guild. It's been a lot of fun, and yeah you can be uber neckbeard like some members or super casual if you want. There's no minimum raiding percentage like some raiding guilds (I think including BDA?).

From what I know we don't have any ex-Rampage or semi-retired hardcore. We do have a very cool alliance with Divinity, which used to raid with Rampage, so that's a lot of DPS on some targets with their primals and stuff.

Do you guys ever have the chance to farm west tov with Divinity? I know most people prefer Skyshrine armor but I've been there - done that on live.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

SoUr posted:

I see you guys have a hammer that teleports you to Kunark? What's that hammer called and how do I go about getting it?

If you are an :Enchanter, Bard or Necro you're in luck. The quest only requires a Jade which can be vendor bought cheaply. Simply charm the quest giver and hand it in to him (charm raises faction to the appropriate level)

If you are anything else: Find someone selling 'charges' of Cazic Thule puppet strings. This item has a right-click charm effect for all classes to use. I think the average cost for a charge is like 2k or so.

Should be 50+ for all charm techniques

Otherwise you can always faction grind (its terrible)

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Puppet strings have been dropping as 1 charge since the zone revamp. Dunno if there's stockpiles on blue, but good luck finding a puppet stings at any price on red. Got mines but I have a few friends that have been offering 20k for a charge for half a year and haven't gotten any bites.

Blue is pretty stocked. I didnt know about the nerf though, that hurts. If you play blue probably best to get this done before people stop playing and puppet strings are lost through attrition of players.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

faulteroy posted:

Correct, 46+ for all epics. Not classic but will probably never be reverted.

Having leveled from 1 to 60 with a rogue main and no source of decent income I approve of this change.

I got some pretty snarky comments made in many pug groups when they saw I was 30+ without an epic - it was pretty disgusting.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

a real jerk posted:

lol my guild can't kill Wuoshi :owned:

which guild are you in?

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Awakened on Blue just got suspended from all raiding until July 5th.

Looks like a bad time to be unemployed

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Really wish I had the time in my life at this juncture to join Phinny. In the meantime I occasionally log into P99.

Having people group as opposed to solo would be great.

Hopefully another true-box progression server appears later when I have time in my schedule to play.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Got really lucky on mine. I was traveling to rathe when it flew by me.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Speaking of rogue - would anyone happen to be or know a wizard ballsy enough to port me to hate for that book?

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Still interested in going to plane of hate if anyone is willing to risk it. I can supply the stone obviously and a donation similar to what you would get for a sacrifice (you wont die, but just in case)

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
As a rogue sneaking through a fully spawned plane of hate my findings are that the zone is very similar as it was pre-revamp for the first floor - at least from my experience. It seemed like only the roaming liches and scorned banshees could see through hide.

I was warned about the ramp - when going up the ramp stay as far away from the wall as you can and when you reach the top go south immediately as there is screwy top floor aggro with that corner.

Book was there and I am now safely in WC.

Also, the wizard who ported me up had never even been to plane of hate - but still insisted after i cautioned him on its dangers.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Siets posted:

Did they ever get around to nerfing Circlet of Shadow? Just curious.

Yes.

People have been trying to sell at outrageous prices but there are still far too many on the server to demand such a price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
Has anyone heard of Velious armor quest mobs getting preloaded with gems just for screwing up MQ's?

I always thought it would be more of a thing.