Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
imo removing items from mobs is loving stupid and kills the fun out of some mobs. im glad you can get jboots from najena instead of praying to god you get the god spawn of AC where some high level poopsocking dog wasn't there during their 21 hour grindfest or dumping 5k plat to do it the boring MQ way.

renaming legacy loot is loving dumb. for what purpose? to appease the sweats who farmed several sets to sell at bloat prices? they can eat poo poo.

my biggest loving peeve is the dogshit skillups on this server. i feel like they're so loving gutted compared to p99

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

from what?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

an iksar marauder posted:

I hope so, enchanters are overpowered and p99 isn't the best possible version of classic eq

yeah its quarm

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I keep getting into a loop of "poo poo i need to keep levelling" and "gently caress it, cazic gators are boring as gently caress". literally no motivation to play despite wanting to have a level 50.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

My problem is that i often don't have a lot of time where i can just sit in a full group at some spawn for 7+ hours in a row so i try to find small pockets where i might be able to spend like 50 minutes here or there getting a small pocket of exp. doesn't help that the gators also don't give poo poo money wise.

E: tho dont get me wrong it'd be great to find someone to duo or more and just gently caress around, but everyone just seems intent on being greedy with pulls and wiping the group [I loving hate Paw so much]

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Oil! posted:

I got really lucky when I was leveling my first character on P99 that there was a group of people around the same level and played at the same time with a leader that wanted to go through all the Kunark dungeons. There is so much content that gets lost because it isn't easy/optimal or drops good gear.

Crypt of Dalnir is an interesting dungeon but man it's such an awful undercon that i dont even think a party of 43-45 can handle it optimally.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Dizz are you on the green or blue server?

I leveled my warrior from 29-32 in Dalnir. The group had a bard and two enchanters, which is probably the necessary crowd control for that dungeon. Exp flew though.

atm on green my monk is 40 and my SK is 40 but im playing Quarm these days.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

an iksar marauder posted:

P99 will be here for years to come, but has no QoL features at all, everything is designed to be as accurate to the classic EQ1 experience as possible, for better and for worse. Examples: there is no built-in minimap/map, your class' epic quest may take a literal year of playing to complete, loot is rare and scarce.

Quarm is a more recent entrant, was booming, but has less stable management and more of a focus on making the classic EQ1 experience more comfortable. Examples are increased drop rates on quest items, rare spawns, etc. Also the server will go to PoP, not stop at Velious, so if you want to play a cat or raid in PoP that's the only option

p99 has barely any management while quarm admin is pumping out events and QoL routinely. staff is also somewhat active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

first 3 months of quarm were dogshit with all the sweaty nerds and ultra-greedy people trying to hog all the money camps.

i know of like 4 people who had alts so they could hoard Manastones and abu kar boxes in the hopes that Secrets removed legacy items.

e: i wouldnt even say hog the money camps, almost ALL camps were taken. it was rough finding groups.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 19, 2024