Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Any word on that hardcore server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

faulteroy posted:

I've always wondered about this guy. I have almost 2 years of logs from EC and he's never once said anything in a public channel, but yet.. he's always there.

maybe he died at his computer in his parents basement.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I'm thinking of getting a group of friends together to do some LAN once a month or so, is Red lowbie friendly/empty, or are there people just looking to gank new players?

I know I need to go and get the IP exceptions before I start, and I know I can do blue, but the infrequency of play, the Red XP bonuses are tough to ignore.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
That's a shame to hear the IP exception might take that long. I'm not too worried about a GM dropping in on us because I legit just want to have some friends over, drink beer and eat pizza and play EQ. It's more of a friend hangout with EQ in the background than EQ with some friends around kind of thing.

I know Red is more empty than Blue, but is it going to be toxic at all, or can I reasonably expect to carve out a leveling niche on a given saturday?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
All this activity has got me thinking about getting a group of IRL buddies together and playing once a month on a friday or something.

I would be the only one with experience in the game, but I've forgotten a ton.

I'd like to do it old school, with no twinking or anything, and I'd play blue if it weren't for how long I think it will actually take to level. I was looking at Red and thinking the exp bonuses and the lack of population would work for us, but I also don't want to troll my friends with repeated ganks and corpse runs.

Is the exp bonus plus risk of griefing worth it?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Got some buddies to goof around in Red. I realize now maybe I should have started on blue after accidentally eating a harm touch from my friend instead of the yellow con we were fighting.

I don't know why I had thought group members were exempt from incidental pvp damage. Is there really no way to turn this off? That seems like a lot of bard, enchanter, and mage utility takes a hit from this.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

Groovelord Neato posted:

i was reading raph koster's blog posts on swg's development recently and it was funny how eq saw its biggest drop in subs when they added vendors to the game (i think he was the one who figured it out).

Like, standard NPCs to sell fire beetle legs to?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

A Strange Aeon posted:

Does anyone remember what the hype and magazine articles about EverQuest were like before it came out? I wasn't really tapped into that world, I just heard about it because my friend told me about it. But I'm curious if there's anything interesting there, features they advertised initially that weren't in the launch, etc.

GamePro had a 3 part feature on it, which is what convinced me to convince my parents to get it. It was like an insert booklet, even got into talking about BlackBurrow and poo poo. I was hooked from the pictures.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
My favorite thing would be when an enchanter could turn themselves into a character model that was not expecting a certain piece of armor to be displayed, such as turning into a halfling while wearing a robe of discord, and it would just give you a tinted 'naked' shirt in lieu of displaying the texture of the item.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I once watched a player get caught in a death loop from being bound at the oasis dock (pre-kunark) and a sand giant had been lured there. They would respawn to die again, I think about on the 8th time they managed to just unplug their modem.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
I had a lot of fun with Project M. I'm pretty sure I was either a fire beetle or spiderling in Misty Thicket.

Did P99 ever implement it?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
how do you make something 'russet' teal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch

shirunei posted:

Secrets went to the hospital for taking too much adderall/meth recently I think? Bout it, but I've mostly been doing takp crap and haven't looked in a couple weeks.

Aradune would be proud.