Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

just type /who all "Unknown Guild" and it'll give you a list of everyone online, then just holler at the guy closest to East Commonlands or wherever you are

dont forget the quotation marks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

yes

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

to elaborate on that i've been soloing multiple characters over 2+ years and i know guys who do nothing but group.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

poolside toaster posted:

Great! Now to locate a copy of Titanium.

there is a torrential amount of options for that

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirt posted:

Its something like:
/pause 2, /target "yourname"
/pause 2, /doability 1(or where ever you have bind wounds at)
/pause 2, /stand
/pause 2, /target a (mob name)
/attack on

You can skip the target mob name and just manually target too

I used half of this and did the re-target and resume attacking myself, seem to work smoother

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

your stuff

i must has it

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

moolchaba posted:

It's going too fast.

I look forward to the level 60 retrospective post

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

then get 99% into 60 :colbert:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

[TELL] me about spending 2 1/2 hours to kill a mob on an emulated everquest server

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

nerf rogues

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

havent seen this in a while

them classic feels :unsmith:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dustoph posted:

If you get going hit me up in game (same name) and I'll power level you through the beginning levels if you can catch me free.

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Would still love to try the hole out if anyone else is up for it.

Also, is there a guild that would be best if I want to try and get my epic? Not looking for a crazy raid guild, but one that does a lot of group stuff.

There isnt any one "best" guild but there are serveral mid-tier guilds that are able to accomplish epics here https://www.project1999.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=05dc101a4ab17df787d6516dea23d024&f=18

I would imagnie you have to join and be a member for a while/put it in work

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dustoph posted:

Thanks for the link. Not looking for handouts but just wanted to see who was viable that also wasn't hardcore.

Azure Guard and Europa come to mind as reputable non-hardcore guilds

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:stonk:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pratan posted:

I've been on p99 for 2+ years now, and if they brought that poo poo back I would probably quit. Holy gently caress how did we play with that back in the day?

It was one of the first 3D RPG/MUD type games. The term MMO wasnt even coined yet.

My Pentium II struggled to run it until I got a Voodoo 3 GFX card :corsair:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

aparmenideanmonad posted:

buffer overflow disconnect

I had more disconnects from mom picking up the phone :smith:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

all i know is the freeport revamp killed my poor little pentium comp it was so laggy i ended up waddling into a pool and drowned to death before the render caught up

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirt posted:

This game is weird.

lol

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

somebody get them two a 96%

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

100% Dundee posted:

Doesn't get around guides and GMs who actually go around looking for people boxing or like that article mentioned, snitches. If you do it somewhere popular like KC or Seb or Quillmane etc, someone is probably gonna snitch.

So basically, use a VPN and don't make it obvious/do it in popular areas. Or just don't box, not really worth the hassle in my opinion. There's plenty of places where boxing is allowed if you wanna go that route.

I watched this necro boxing in misty thicket he was killing the wall guards. He would pull and kill till his mana was low then a bard with a name almost exactly like his would log in and play mana song :laugh:

The P99 boxing detection works on your machine name and hardware ID, virtual machines and a VPN can get around that but nothing will save you when Braknar shows up and wants your two toons to run figure eights at the same time.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zodium posted:

thanks guys. unfortunately i've abandoned my quest for viable exploiting and cheating methods after learning that Rogean is the/a P99 admin, he used to be a SoD GM and I kinda owe him :smithfrog:

is there an active P99 IRC channel or something? motherfucker seems to have forum PMs turned off and I wanna go say hi

theres a p99 discord i think he hangs there sometimes

at least he was in there during a recent downtime

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pilsner posted:

Look at the upload date and quality. Video and capture has really come a loooooong way in 10 years.

I wonder what the earliest captured EQ video was..... it would be like the Zapruder film of MMORPGs.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Philonius posted:

an alternative to P1999 for those who don't want to race for spawns

http://p2002.com/about

2 main raid guilds, share/rotate all content, zero racing

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Philonius posted:

How many people are playing that though? One of the appeals of p1999 is that it has a good server population. And that it strictly disallows multiboxing.

about 300+ during primetime

You can 3 box here which amplifies the pop. I got sick of ground transferring things and having to bug guildies to move stuff. Spent over a year at level 55 grinding light blue level 40 mobs trying to progress so this server is a good fit for me.

Pok is enabled so you dont have to bug people for ports, MQ is disabled so you can actually do your epic or get jboots and things without sockers sitting on spawns. Im sitting in OOT right now grinding seafuries and the AC is open. Been open all weekend.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Malaria posted:

Some guy named Jody from Unknown Guild asked me if I had stairs in my house, and then gave me 500k plat. I just asked for a guild invite but he just gave me money and logged off haha. Who do I /tell for an invite? Who the gently caress is that guy? Thanks dude.

I just started as a human SK

edit; Just bought a fungi

has Braknar death touched you yet?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vargs posted:

You don't need to open your spellbook to meditate on this server. Just sitting is fine.

MY IMMERSION

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

pofire tables :swoon:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ChairmanMauzer posted:

God, that was the best on my Necro. IIRC it was something like 16% of an AA per kill.

I was still doing pofire tables for aa's during the secrets of faydwer expansion it was just that good

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Siets posted:

This is so insanely helpful thank you. I've honestly been in a rut with my necro ever since hitting 55 and been wondering what to do. I had heard something about "ogres and trolls in Neriak" but the P99 wiki seems really messed up and does not reflect the info you gave me, nor does it list any of the ogre and troll factions. As a result I did not feel confident taking any exploratory actions out of fear of ruining my currently good Neriak faction (I like to use it as a home away from home.)

Theres also a mob on top of the tower near the wizzy spires in north karana called Captain Linarius. He's dark blue all the way to 60. I dont know what his spawn time is on p99 but on 2002 its every 2 1/2 minutes because he has a quest turn-in

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I melee'd on my shaman until 34 when you get a decent root and can root rot.

Save up for a poison wind censer and go ham.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

using the pwc as a shaman isnt about the proc but purely for the ratio and damage as you level

plus its cheaper than a granite face grinder

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

on the other hand at the high end theres a lot almost all classes can do to min/max their effectiveness in a fight

watch all the poo poo this monk does to solo emp chottal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRf5AuS0MLA

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Waiting for sunrise to make the run through kithicor to the ec tunnel. I would like an invite to unknown guild please and will gladly accept any druid handmedowns or spell money.

Also hello to any old goons who remember me I played this a couple years ago. I am on a baby druid named Mazek.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I made it. I been 3 boxing level 60's on p2002 for the last couple years so i forgot the stark abject terror of running through kithicor as a lowbie.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i leveled a wizard from 24 to 34 solely on that bread quest

running to kelethin

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

there was a point in your 20's where it would give about 4% xp per turnin and then it gets progressively lower at higher levels but as a wizard porting into Gfay and running to Kele for 1% in a hell level is still good xp

at least for slackers like i was

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Bards killing people with music isn't all that far fetched.

Babbage was killed by a team of angry organ grinders who he had tried to get kicked out of the city, they camped outside his house and wore him down all day and then he had a heart attack or something.

I've never played a bard, sometimes I think about it but eh.

Never forget Fansy the famous bard who owned an entire server https://www.notacult.com/fansythefamous.htm

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pwnz0r posted:

Unfortunately I do not visit SA forums often anymore, used to be a daily thing. But too much time spent doing other things lately gives me very little time to cruise forums and such. I was able to get in contact with him via email finally. Thanks though, I should look into upgrading though. All these years and I never changed avatar or anything.

there are people on here that will change your av for you :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

shirunei posted:

Rogean probably makes poo poo all considering his company gets what like 20k in donations a year to run a a bunch of server infrastructure with enterprise level DDoS protection. poo poo ain't cheap.

Does anyone outside of major corporations still run their own servers these days? I thought everyone was on amazon cloud services.