Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

it's actually quite heartwarming to know that the p99 community appreciates the hundreds of hours i've put into shitposting on the official forums and making all the red boards unreadable on a daily basis

what's your motive for doing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

severe mental illness my man

hm. same.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

shes a girl
all females in my exp have reacted the way she does
its not sexist, women just get emotional and offended easier than men for the most part. obv theres always exceptions

woman are emotional and crazy
they dont use logic
they use their heart

:smugdog:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Grocer releasing account+character names now. gently caress him.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

crew posted:

Where is all this happening so I can :munch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/P99Circlejerk/

https://www.reddit.com/r/P99Circlejerk/comments/425ipt/red_99_accountcharacter_list/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-l1A3-wh1GJqAlX7PWspBK7_A3zXh8vNtQ-NlYpTiT4/edit#gid=0

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

you either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

Grocer can gently caress himself

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

what are some good spots to druid(60) PL my ranger(17) buddy without being a dick about it?

he wants to go to unrest lol

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

thanks for the replies. no way jose am I gonna go poo poo up unrest like that

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

am i gonna get deathtouched if I afk my swimming skill?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

no script, you can tab out with directions pressed and you'll run/swim in circles

some guy was yammering about GM killing him for it, P99 forums ignore 'afk' in searches so I gave up searching

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 30, 2016

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

The Sleeper WILL Awaken

http://www.twitch.tv/hokushinp99

Rampage waking the sleeper live on twitch

get your rear end to a Velious zone to die at his feet

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

lemonslol posted:

Can I petition to get a GM to port me out of PLane of fear?

what times do you play? I'll get naked on my wizard

also I'll try to port you out!

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

lemonslol posted:

I'm on red :|

Yep. Red wizard. Spectres might eat me alive at 49 though, haven't got IVU.

You could always scumbag CR - let corpse rot and petition it; staff will put the geared corpse in EC at the WFP zoneline.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

lemonslol posted:

I could do that, I don't want to make you lose EXP. What is your IGN and what times do you play? I haven't even logged in since I got stuck in fear.

I'm on now. /tell Live.Cowled to get my attention.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Came up today in guildchat when Aatrek was being a peeping tom.

The deathloop, reroll, rez thing - is that for real? How hard will staff ban for doing it?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

red is the more exploitable and therefore more classic server

:smug:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Should custom helms have tints? Saw a dark elf man with a blue octopus face hat.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Xaanka how did you get banned? I MUST KNOW

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

No Luck Needed posted:

I started as a halfling druid on project 1999 in 2010. I played in groups till 14, waiting for sow; then soloed pretty much to 60. A group of players noticed me around a lot when they were and I sold them lots of ports so they asked me to join their, as they called it, family guild. I noticed a few odd things like they had a wizard porter account that would log on just to port us to sky. I thought they were going to use me for free ports but it just turned out they didn’t have a druid and didn’t want druid drops going to waste. We would port up to sky when we heard the fairies were up, we would just take them from whomever was up there, we didn’t care we just wanted out island one drops. We did fear a few times and I probably killed 25 gorgons or more and never got one druid item to drop. Then the server staff really laid the hammer down and banned/deleveled people from 60 to 54. My guild leader was deleveled along with over half the guild.

I was about 57 when I apped to The Mystical Order. I was able to level up with them working on VP key parts. I grinded out 59 in perma bear pits with a 4 pack of red bull, only need 2. TMO had lots of druids which let us mobilize pretty quickly.

I found a nice role as a mini group leader. My favorite raid group was 5 wizards plus me as a druid. It was nice, the wizards and mages would ask me for invites and sometimes when we got 40+ turn outs, I would end up forming several groups. I would invite a chanter that was doing a /tell for GRM, the chanter would like WTF there are no people here, and then boom I would have several others join, pass off leader ship and form up another group. Some wizards held out on group invites when they knew I was at a raid.

Being able to notice that we only have say like one bard and getting that bard with the MT warrior was key to quick engages too. The batphone would go out, I would log on and start making groups. A raid leader or officer would check numbers while they were logging in, like asking how many we have at Trak ledge. The officer would be told something like we got 20. The officer would say, well form up groups and get buffs. And it was real nice when that was already happening before someone with authority showed up.

I really enjoyed raiding Kunark as TMO, it was fun playing the underdog to IB and then server bad guy to everyone else. We ran the poopsockers out of Trak’s lair, we got to enjoy it all of 2011. We had something like 18 months of uncontested VP kills. So bragging that my 60 druid has the server 7th or 8th Crown of Rile is kinda neat but was not easy to get. One had to have something like a 60% raid attendance, lots of tracking hours, and have hundreds of DKP earned up. By the time I hit the 1000 DKP club there were like 20 full time TMO members with that number or greater with something like a roster of 60+ active players.

But raiding Kunark also burned me out to raiding and now I just lurk around on my chanter alt some. I am like 32 hanging out in FM giant fort, a cool iskar warrior talked a pick up group of 6 to do a Nurga to Droga crawl and it was a blast.

i am not reading all this go to hell sir

what's next for red server? it's been over for awhile but now it's really over

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

yeah i had no idea how good halfling was until that thread

luckily i'd been rolling halfling for looks anyway :smug:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

we play on the dumbest of all possible servers

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Was there a second downtime today?

The vendor farm I setup this morning is missing. :(

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

barrett you a goon? think we got popped for sex jokes in the GOT thread of all places

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

lol my guild can't kill Wuoshi :owned:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

faulteroy posted:

The politics on the server are hilarious. Sirken's new raid rules state that guilds *must* negotiate before petitioning an incident; if they do not, they run the risk of being suspended for 10 days. None of AM, Venerate, or Rustle contacted any Awakened officers about the Naggy incident. The petition was apparently put in by AM and Awakened's appeal was closed without review by Rogean after Fingerz tilted.

But that's OK, Awakened are obviously the rule lawyering cheater guild and wholly deserving of the suspension. Except that Aftermath behaves in exactly the same way, but it generally works out better for them because Nalken has been long time friends with Sirken in and out of game.

source your quotes

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

if Herv says POM is hosed, I believe it. Dude had 3 sets of POM class armor on Al'Kabor.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Is a third NTOV guild even possible right now given the current pulling strats and the zone layout?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Leviabeetus posted:

They actually are planning a server exactly like this. But, it won't come around until they're finished with every patch from the Velious era. So, like, a year or two from now.

Edit: I'm gonna say March 16th, 2018 for Green server release date.

optimistic!

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

i'm glad bards are dead

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

pepito sanchez posted:

also as a cleric or necromancer you get your divine aura line of spells. it might be a level 1 spell for clerics, but you should never have that off. it'll save your guts when things go wrong. i always keep it up on my necro.

gear wise, i'd say the most powerful/imbalanced item would obviously be the fungi tunic. for casters, just get int/wis/mana/hp and don't play stupid. some clickies out there make a caster better: circlet of shadow for necro. rod of insidious glamour and gazughi ring for enc, etc. having some form of insta-clicky or two is always nice, simply because you can spam it and refresh your spell icon gems instantly, without having to wait for the normal cool down delay. that two-three second cool down can be pretty loving crucial.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Kromzek_Surveyor_Scope I think is the cheapest option for quickcasting like this. great power boost at all levels being able to spam gem #1

the vision change is a bit annoying

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

CoF+Fungi tunic contest here, based on his rep the poster is very likely to deliver

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255356

get rich!!

edit: someone got it nm!

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 10, 2016

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

did you use any gnoll scrolls Sqid?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Zodium posted:

root-rotting what now? I thought DOTs broke root, but I've been charming DW crocs to great success from 20 or so.

dots with a DD component will break root like any DD. druid dots don't have this.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpqxi_V3jfQ

everquest

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

FranktheBank posted:

Is there a reason he didn't just FD? style points?

I don't do that racing poo poo but it's probably easier to corpse summon than drag from north wing

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

flurry drakes

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

How does 'flurry drakes' answer the question 'does killing flurry drakes really take that long' ? :v: I already admitted I haven't raided. I'm not 60, I don't know how bad those are.

And both of those posts were made after I asked the question, and after I made the post you quoted and replied to. Saying "it was already explained" when it was only even addressed after I asked is bullshit.

flurry is an extra round of attacks per proc i think and they proc it alot. this kills the tank.

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

paladins use charisma?